PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bills Fans Are Done with McDermott

Pray that he makes it 4 more years.

800px-Andy_Reid_%28Kansas_City_Chiefs_at_Washington_Football_Team%2C_October_17%2C_2021%29_%28cropped%29.jpg
He’s just husky! :whistle: :p

That means they played against Chiefs in the playoffs? Who knew! What number were they wearing?
But Buffalo won in Week 14 without them. How could that happen? Imagine!

Bills fans making excuses again. Cry me a river.

Remember the game in San Diego where he threw an interception late in the 4th, that was game until Troy Brown ripped the ball away from the San Diego player who intercepted and was running the ball back and gave him a new life, to his credit he took advantage of it but that was on game he had some help.
The Chargers played Brady tough in both 2006 and 2007. He threw 3 picks in each game. Big reason for the win in 2006 was the D and Troy Brown holding the Chargers to 0 points off those 3 turnovers. Similarly, in 2007 the Chargers only got 6 points out of the 3 picks.

But Buffalo won in Week 14 without them. How could that happen? Imagine!

It's almost like the more players you lose, the less stable your defense becomes. Shocking!

It's almost like the more players you lose, the less stable your defense becomes. Shocking!
A football team has injuries! That and more Buffalo Bills news at 6. Stay tuned!

The Chargers played Brady tough in both 2006 and 2007. He threw 3 picks in each game. Big reason for the win in 2006 was the D and Troy Brown holding the Chargers to 0 points off those 3 turnovers. Similarly, in 2007 the Chargers only got 6 points out of the 3 picks.

I was at that 07-08 AFC Championship game. Brady did not play well but Maroney and our defense balled out.

I know folks want to place blame on Belichick for the Eagle SB loss in 2018, but if we're all being honest, Brady and the offense choked in that SB against the Giants in 07-08. The team averaged 36 pts/game and only mustered 14 in the SB. Brady holding the ball to get it to Moss deep doesn't get talked about enough. Welker had 11 catches out of 15 target. He should have had 20 catches out of 25 targets the way the Giants covered Moss. Moss had 5 catches out of 12 targets while Brady took 5 sacks waiting for Moss to get open.

I was at that 07-08 AFC Championship game. Brady did not play well but Maroney and our defense balled out.

I know folks want to place blame on Belichick for the Eagle SB loss in 2018, but if we're all being honest, Brady and the offense choked in that SB against the Giants in 07-08. The team averaged 36 pts/game and only mustered 14 in the SB. Brady holding the ball to get it to Moss deep doesn't get talked about enough. Welker had 11 catches out of 15 target. He should have had 20 catches out of 25 targets the way the Giants covered Moss. Moss had 5 catches out of 12 targets while Brady took 5 sacks waiting for Moss to get open.
That final drive in the 2007 AFCCG was clutch though by Brady and Maroney/OLine. Don't think the Chargers thought when they punted the ball down 9 with like 9:30 to go in the 4th that they'd never see the ball again.

Regarding the 2nd point, not sure if it was McDaniels' playcalling or Brady trying to go for the big one, but they definitely should have changed the game plan much sooner. I mean, the most successful drive in SB XLII was the drive on which the Patriots took the 14-10 lead. And it was driven by the short passing game with no completion going for longer than 13 yards, but Brady going 8-11 with no sacks.

Those were some great games that killed the best years of a really talented Chargers roster. People would view LT and Rivers careers differently if they had more playoff success. They had the bad timing to peak during the Patriots run.

They're just going through their laundry list of fall guys. First it was Ken Dorsey, next is McDermott, next is Beane, and then maybe, just maybe, 6 years down the road, they'll realize that it's their rocks-for-brains QB.

I'm trying to figure this one out.

So, eventually, Bills fans will realize that they shouldn't support a top 5 QB in the league? If they were smart....they'd want to trade him now?

Last edited:
There is a thread where they are asking for Belichick too.

Bills would be crazy not to consider it. But Bill probably doesn't want to do that to Kraft.

Are you kidding? Bill would LOVE to stick it to Kraft!

This would create an insane new level of drama if Belichick ended up the coach of a division rival and I'm totally here for it!

There is no better setup for Bill than to already have a franchise QB and a decent level of talent stacked up and all he has to do is coach them up.

Will it happen? I don't know. But it would make the world very interesting.

We'd probably have to endure getting beat by our former head coach as we rebuild but realistically we knew the talent level of the Patriots and Bills has been miles apart for the past 4 or so years now.

Funny how BB running this Patriots team into the ground could potentially set him up for an even better situation if he does end up as head Coach of the Bills.

The real question - will he be willing to give up the "control" aspect that he wouldn't with the Falcons if the Bills come calling?

People want to say it was all Brady but forget that he had a lot of mediocre games in the playoffs that should have ended our season but the team still pulled it out

Brady seemed to play different when the weather cooled down and his throwing mechanics looked different as well. Factor in the opposing team game planning to stop the offense and the numbers would drop. He did have his fair share of duds against inferior teams in the playoffs which Brady fans don't want to admit. At the end of the day, it is a team game and some of Brady's game winning drives don't happen if the defense doesn't do their job.

Last edited:
You could tell very early that Tom could barely move on that high ankle sprain. The Chargers are the overlooked MVP for the Giants as it probably would've been a different game. I still think it would've been a close game, but the Pats offense would've done enough to fight them off.

Also, McDaniels had said in that ESPN special sometime ago with Spags that he was thrown off by what the Giants were doing defensively and he couldn't adjust.

Good that Mayo wont keep that BS about not giving titles , what the hell was that, doesn't even count against the cap, Bill being cheap with someone else's money

You could tell very early that Tom could barely move on that high ankle sprain. The Chargers are the overlooked MVP for the Giants as it probably would've been a different game. I still think it would've been a close game, but the Pats offense would've done enough to fight them off.

Also, McDaniels had said in that ESPN special sometime ago with Spags that he was thrown off by what the Giants were doing defensively and he couldn't adjust.
Even with Tom's ankle sprain, there's still a non-zero chance the game could have gone differently had Stephen Neal not gone down with an injury relatively early into it.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back