OT: Chiefs re-sign Mike Vrabel

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Chiefs sign Vrabel to contract extension

I miss Mike but good for him,He deserves more time in the NFL and getting the job done with Pioli with an extension instead of waiting for suitors who might not have come too quickly.

Fixed thread title; the Chiefs did more than just "extend a contract" to him, they "extended" him, or more accurately re-signed him. ;)

Sucks, we need a TE

Sucks, we need a TE

Good thought, assuming he lost too many steps as LB he could probably block plenty good enough for our offense. I totally want him back, BB said he's the smartest football player he's ever coached, I wonder if BB could groom him to be DC and to eventually take the reins as BB's heir.

Good move for the Chiefs..

I'm happy for him. Wish he was still in NE.

Reports today said Vrabel is going year-to-year and is looking to become a coach with Ohio State once he retires.

I didn't follow the Chiefs or how well Vrabel played, but this makes the decision to use him to sweeten the Cassell deal more of a head scratcher. Appears it might have had less to do with Vrabes' ability to still play and more to do with MONEY. :( ........maybe we need to start another "are the Pats cheap thread?? :cool:

I didn't follow the Chiefs or how well Vrabel played, but this makes the decision to use him to sweeten the Cassell deal more of a head scratcher. Appears it might have had less to do with Vrabes' ability to still play and more to do with MONEY. :( ........maybe we need to start another "are the Pats cheap thread?? :cool:

I thought that it was about criticizing the Krafts and the Patriots Place profits. If the Krafts are making BB dump players because a player miffs them that is not good. Not as bad as buying the groceries but bad enough.

I'm pretty sure Vrabel wouldn't demand much in the way of money but we will see once the contract details are announced :)

Well Mike gets 1 more year to haze the rookies ... he's good at it.

I'm pretty sure Vrabel wouldn't demand much in the way of money but we will see once the contract details are announced :)

He was due a huge roster bonus on the day after we let him go. Pioli had to eat that one. And I forget, but I think we would have been paying him around 3 million last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes