PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chad Jackson returns to the division...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chad Jackson returns to the division...

As if busting one 2nd round pick was not enough.
I'm virtually certain Buffalo would let us have him for our last 2nd round pick

I'm not sure what was wrong with Chad Jackson. It's easy to say he wasn't football smart but all signs show that he understood things in the pre draft visit before he was drafted here, so i don't think it was that.

Watching him return kick offs and play in the pre season, imo his biggest problem was a severe lack of acceleration and speed in pads. He may have run 4.32 at the combine, but he sure didn't look that fast in pads.

Add to the fact that i think he got even slower after the injury, and you have yourself a bust.

Chad Jackson back in AFC East - Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

DeOssie's comment may explain what the problem was. I thought that it was a great pick at the time.

read my signature

I think you'll be getting your wish with draft / luck with health / maybe a vet named taylor too.

Chad Jackson back in AFC East - Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

DeOssie's comment may explain what the problem was. I thought that it was a great pick at the time.

Yeah, im sure that he didn't work at it and/or pick up the system as well as they had hoped, but i disagree with him that there wasn't any problem with his physical skills. Remember him on kickoffs? That wasn't 4.3 speed. It was more like 4.8

The injury sure didn't help, but even before that, he didn't have 4.3 speed.

I wish Chad well with Buffalo.

I don't think he has a good prospect though given the flop in Denver. I saw Chad his 1st training camp and 2nd. Unbelieveable muscular physique, especially notable when standing next to other scrawny WRs. But the tell was always on the field. His demeanor was as if the whole practise session was a lark. No focus even though he was a rook. Pay attention! Worse yet, on plays that he'd get thrown to, he'd manage to do something wrong and draw the ire of the coaches. Worst of all, you could visibly see Brady's disdain for the guy after a missed play. Yeah, it was summer camp but Brady's hard ass behaviour showed that he felt the guy either wasn't geting it or didn't give a damn. He didn't look as quite bad his 2nd camp, although scrub WRs (CJ Jones? I forget) seemingly out performed him. Patsfans went ballistic over perceived insults to their binky when I posted these training camp observations Chad's 1st year.

I wish Chad well with Buffalo.

I don't think he has a good prospect though given the flop in Denver. I saw Chad his 1st training camp and 2nd. Unbelieveable muscular physique, especially notable when standing next to other scrawny WRs. But the tell was always on the field. His demeanor was as if the whole practise session was a lark. No focus even though he was a rook. Pay attention! Worse yet, on plays that he'd get thrown to, he'd manage to do something wrong and draw the ire of the coaches. Worst of all, you could visibly see Brady's disdain for the guy after a missed play. Yeah, it was summer camp but Brady's hard ass behaviour showed that he felt the guy either wasn't geting it or didn't give a damn. He didn't look as quite bad his 2nd camp, although scrub WRs (CJ Jones? I forget) seemingly out performed him. Patsfans went ballistic over perceived insults to their binky when I posted these training camp observations Chad's 1st year.

Ah, yes, the nothing wrong with CJ beyond Belichick mishandling him crowd...

I always thought it was a mistake when he was drafted to have him and Maroney photographed together as if they were 1a and 1b. Probably fed the beast...and of course, according to PFW - who should know it when they see it - his emotional immaturity was obvious.

Speaking of the physique, wasn't there a problem with him coming out of the draft (nagging hammy) and he basically re-injured it in OTA's and went home and worked on getting stronger physically to the detrement of being around his coaches and teamates and getting stronger mentally as I recall. I seem to recall his agent having a lot to say about his approach as opposed to letting his coaches take over... And I remember his former coach advising while he grasped concepts theoretically it took him a season to assimilate them on the field.

What is interesting is that Josh was willing to take another flyer on him after he'd already bombed out elsewhere, only to have that amount to nada too. Whenever I think of CJ and Bethel and even old PK I'm always reminded of the old coaching adage...you can't coach speed :rolleyes: 'cause I think it is often uncoachable at the next level. And Belichick's oft repeated mantra that the combine is just a track and field event, you best draft based on game film. I don't care if they can run a 4.3 in shorts and diagram a play on a blackboard. What matters is can they read a defense on the field and adjust on the fly under pressure and get seperation and run precise routes from the entire route tree. In other words, are they instinctive, disciplined, committed football players...or just inteview prepped athletes.

This is the year he makes us pay.....:eek:

Well I wish Chad Jackson all the best and hope he has a brilliant season except for two games.

Well I wish Chad Jackson all the best and hope he has a brilliant season except for two games.

I think CJ will be more of a ST and a 4th depth WR unless Buffalo is desperate

ACL injuries are scary. Tearing muscles is no joke, it can completely ruin things.

Last edited:

what would it take to make you believe??

I'm sure if you give him some shiny beads, a beer, and a team cancer like TO, he'd start to believe. :p

This does not bode well for the Pats.

Chad Jackson will lead the AFCE in receiving yards. Remember, you saw it here first.

Arguably the most popular player in Patsfans.com history returns to the division.

Adam Sewerd is, and will always be the most popular player in patsfans.com history :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft