PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cavs vs. Warriors (Who Wins the NBA Finals?)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Wins the NBA Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Warriors

Votes: 79 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Leonard outplayed him on both ends of the floor a majority of the series.
Guy put up 28 ppg on superb efficiency, Leonard does not win that series for the Heat if they swap places.

Guy put up 28 ppg on superb efficiency, Leonard does not win that series for the Heat if they swap places.
I don't think he did it on both ends of the floor. The cramps. The sulking. Not his best series.

I don't think he did it on both ends of the floor. The cramps. The sulking. Not his best series.
Could have been better, but Wade was complete trash. I thought his career was coming to an end real soon at the time. Bosh struggled badly too from what I remember.

Could have been better, but Wade was complete trash. I thought his career was coming to an end real soon at the time. Bosh struggled badly too from what I remember.

I agree that Wade and Bosh did not have a great series.

Thats the thing. No question that LeBron is a HoF player but he does have these strange behavioral episodes. That series was an example. Last night in the 4th qtr was another one. With that said he has had moments of rising to the occasion and dominating when the team needed him to. Hes a tough cat to figure out.

You know, thinking about it, people have been going on about how this year is different because the Cavs have Irving. The thing is, Irving is legendarily bad on defense. The Ws keep going at Love and Irving and what are the Cavs going to do? Its pretty hard to hide them when they're two thirds of your big 3.

You know, thinking about it, people have been going on about how this year is different because the Cavs have Irving. The thing is, Irving is legendarily bad on defense. The Ws keep going at Love and Irving and what are the Cavs going to do? Its pretty hard to hide them when they're two thirds of your big 3.

Irving is a major liability on D but clearly they can get by.

I still can't believe Steph and Klay oly had 20 pts combined and they WON. CLE blew a golden opportunity.

It's pretty simple to me. The Cavs can not defend GSW. GS was going at him hard and will continue to do so. Hes just a bad defender. Combine that with the fact that him and James just dont mix. That team is just poorly put together.

Cavs only shot was against OKC. All of Cleveland knows this and literally are still stuck on that choke job.

I pray to old and new gods Kevin Love never wears a Celts uni.

Irving is a major liability on D but clearly they can get by.

I still can't believe Steph and Klay oly had 20 pts combined and they WON. CLE blew a golden opportunity.
They get by. In the East.

LeBron is now a glorified Charles Barkley. Great inside, great passer, but lost a bit of his explosiveness and not a good shooter. They will lose in 4

I agree that Wade and Bosh did not have a great series.

Thats the thing. No question that LeBron is a HoF player but he does have these strange behavioral episodes. That series was an example. Last night in the 4th qtr was another one. With that said he has had moments of rising to the occasion and dominating when the team needed him to. Hes a tough cat to figure out.
Yeah he's definitely a ****ty leader, I'd blame LeBron the GM before I blamed the player for the past two Finals losses. Only one I pin on him is 2011, Wade destroyed the Mavs and LeBron went Houdini in the fourth quarter. 2013 would have been a choke if not for Benedict Allen but, LeBron was great from OT onward.

Oh yeah and the cramp game lol, single most over dramatic thing I've seen in my life.

Yeah he's definitely a ****ty leader, I'd blame LeBron the GM before I blamed the player for the past two Finals losses. Only one I pin on him is 2011, Wade destroyed the Mavs and LeBron went Houdini in the fourth quarter. 2013 would have been a choke if not for Benedict Allen but, LeBron was great from OT onward.

Agreed.

Yea but I think hes grown as a player for sure. For example, in 2007 he owned DET in the ECFs, but faltered in 2008 (Celts kicked ass anyway) in G7 and 2010 (strange behavior) and in G6 in BOS in 2012 he put up one of the greatest playoff performances I have ever seen.

At 31 years old and all the big games hes played in I expect him to be more like G6 2012 than 4th Qtr last night. Maybe my expectations are unrealistic. Dont know and he is what he is.

Last edited:

Agreed, even at the time I was against the Wiggins/Love trade. They'll never be able to use Love to his full potential because he and LeBron both optimally operate out of the same places on the floor, and one of Love's greatest attributes--his outlet passing to start fast breaks--is minimized when you park him in the corner on the three point line. I love Love's a fantastic player and would be happy if the Celtics traded for him, but he's a bad fit in Cleveland and they're desperate for a guy like Wiggins--who could probably shut down Klay by himself--right now.

It's telling of the organizations that both GS and Cleveland were in play for Love, but Golden State knew the value of its young talent and had a realistic understanding of what Love could actually bring to their lineups. And that's why they walked away and Cleveland pulled the trigger.

It's especially a shame because I'm rooting for the Cavs for once. I just can't root for the team that prominently features a serial ****-kicker as one of its best players. But watching LeBron last night, I dunno if he has faith in the team around him to come through. I kept waiting for him to just take over the game, and it never happened. And sure, Iguodala's an excellent good defender, but he isn't that good.

What the hell happened to King Crab Dribble's jumper anyways? It was redunkuculous when he was shooting 40% from 3 in Miami. I hear people all the time claim he was never a good shooter because of "X" I'm like wtf did you miss the super friends era Heat?

Oh yeah and the cramp game lol, single most over dramatic thing I've seen in my life.
Yeah but Paul Pierce too, though.

Agreed, even at the time I was against the Wiggins/Love trade. They'll never be able to use Love to his full potential because he and LeBron both optimally operate out of the same places on the floor, and one of Love's greatest attributes--his outlet passing to start fast breaks--is minimized when you park him in the corner on the three point line. I love Love's a fantastic player and would be happy if the Celtics traded for him, but he's a bad fit in Cleveland and they're desperate for a guy like Wiggins--who could probably shut down Klay by himself--right now.

It's telling of the organizations that both GS and Cleveland were in play for Love, but Golden State knew the value of its young talent and had a realistic understanding of what Love could actually bring to their lineups. And that's why they walked away and Cleveland pulled the trigger.

It's especially a shame because I'm rooting for the Cavs for once. I just can't root for the team that prominently features a serial ****-kicker as one of its best players. But watching LeBron last night, I dunno if he has faith in the team around him to come through. I kept waiting for him to just take over the game, and it never happened. And sure, Iguodala's an excellent good defender, but he isn't that good.
Love is a horrible player, and one of the chief reasons the Ws will will this is they will either expose he and Irving for their nonexistent defense for force Cleveland into not playing them.

I will say that lebron has two more years of prime basketball left. He has logged alot of minutes. 7 nba finals's alot of grind on the body.

I will say that lebron has two more years of prime basketball left. He has logged alot of minutes. 7 nba finals's alot of grind on the body.
He's running almost 2 MPH faster this year than he did last year. Not sure how much truth this statement has to it. I would like it to be true, I'm just not so sure he's declining just yet.

Yeah but Paul Pierce too, though.
Yeah, that was definitely uh something else lol. Reminds me of the Rondo game, now THAT was crazy. I know people don't like him but, he was one tough mofo nobody can ever take that away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes