PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cavs vs. Warriors (Who Wins the NBA Finals?)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Wins the NBA Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Warriors

Votes: 79 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bron still has 5-6 years of great season in him. and his career is far from over. he should definitely get to more championships. and it's possible to win 1 or 2 more. players want to play with lebron.

when it's all said and done bron will most likely end up being a top 4-5 players of all time. hell many actually put him in top 5 conversation already with his bulk stats and accomplishments.

LaMope is 31 and surrounded by not ready for prime time players.

He does have 2 or 3 elite years left but a title is not looking good.

11372271_630156960419390_1636810588_n.jpg

MJ did battle Bird and Magic in their primes; don't forget he was drafted in '84. In these early years, his team got eliminated, year after year, until '91.

Who can forget MJ putting up 63 in Game 2 of the 86 playoffs vs the GToAA

There's no reason LeBron can't morph into a latter-years Magic-type player as he gets older. He has the same elite court vision, the same ability to see over the defense and the same unselfish attitude. The question as far as winning more championships is will he be able to surround himself with the same level of talent as Magic had at his disposal.

There's no reason LeBron can't morph into a latter-years Magic-type player as he gets older. He has the same elite court vision, the same ability to see over the defense and the same unselfish attitude. The question as far as winning more championships is will he be able to surround himself with the same level of talent as Magic had at his disposal.

Magic was a better passer and more unselfish than LBJ

You were doing okay until the bolded part ... that is simply not true ... not even close.
Magic made those around him better ... LeBron has never had that capability.

MJ did battle Bird and Magic in their primes; don't forget he was drafted in '84. In these early years, his team got eliminated, year after year, until '91.
Saying in his prime.

He wouldn't have won without Wade and Bosh. Especially Wade.

Now, Kyrie and Love isn't enough, along with the Max guy Thompson and JR

it's gonna be difficult to build a team that can help him more than the last 2 have

I was a bit surprised to see both big guys (Love and Thompson) signed to big deals. I understand that they have different roles, but I didn't see the logic in giving them both large pacts.

Then again, I wasn't thrilled with the idea of trading Wiggins. I thought that he could be a key piece of the future.

I was a bit surprised to see both big guys (Love and Thompson) signed to big deals. I understand that they have different roles, but I didn't see the logic in giving them both large pacts.

Then again, I wasn't thrilled with the idea of trading Wiggins. I thought that he could be a key piece of the future.
It was stupid. Wiggins is a better player than Kyrie. I think the buck stopped with LBJ on that one

I think LeBron will win 2 maybe 3 more rings when he becomes a 6th man.
When he is too past his prime to run a team but not to past his prime that he has lost much talent.
IMO he has never gotten the concept of being part of a team that is coached by someone in a suit.
To get the rings he will have to play for way less money ... so we'll see.
Not sure I see him ever being a sixth man, he can bulk up and still be a great 4. One things for sure he'll never do what Kobe did last year lol. Kobe was argumently the worst player in the league.

It was stupid. Wiggins is a better player than Kyrie. I think the buck stopped with LBJ on that one
IT is better and makes less than half of what Kyrie makes.

Who can forget MJ putting up 63 in Game 2 of the 86 playoffs vs the GToAA
It's funny that the masses say it doesn't matter how well you play if you lose, unless it's MJ in which case nobody cares :D (not saying you guys, just the majority of NBA fans). The

It's funny that the masses say it doesn't matter how well you play if you lose, unless it's MJ in which case nobody cares :D (not saying you guys, just the majority of NBA fans). The

You are 100% correct. When discussing his exploits it does from time to time get a little mythological. However, in that series (even though the Bulls were swept) to score 49 the first night then almost win in BOS vs GToAT at home (in which they went 40-1) scoring 63 in every way imaginable vs an elite defensive team was pretty damn impressive. What was most impressive was how Jordan fought even though he knew damn well they had zero chance of winning that series. Thats what LBJ doesn get. You need to compete and fight no matter what. Thats greatness.

With that said the Celts might have been taking them lightly as in Game 3 in CHI they held MJ to 19 in won going away.

You will only get so far when facing Bird, McHale, Parish and Walton you counter with Orlando Woolidge, Charles Oakley, Dave Corzine and Gene Banks.

Great individual player who is a lousy player to coach. I think the Miami experiment led James to believe he should be GM and coach, and what the Warriors are teaching him is that is a really bad idea.

Great individual player who is a lousy player to coach. I think the Miami experiment led James to believe he should be GM and coach, and what the Warriors are teaching him is that is a really bad idea.
Yeah, I think if you want to blame him it should be more on LeBron the GM/coach and less about his ability on the court.

I think LeBron will win 2 maybe 3 more rings when he becomes a 6th man.
When he is too past his prime to run a team but not to past his prime that he has lost much talent.
IMO he has never gotten the concept of being part of a team that is coached by someone in a suit.
To get the rings he will have to play for way less money ... so we'll see.
I think he bought in when he was with the Heat. By all reports, it may have been because he was forced to after Riley told him Spoelstra wasn't going anywhere. It paid off too. His shooting percentage and low post game improved considerably with Spoelstra and Riley's guidance. Then he left and went back to Gilbert who was fine with letting the inmate run the asylum and the results speak for themselves.

I think he bought in when he was with the Heat. By all reports, it may have been because he was forced to after Riley told him Spoelstra wasn't going anywhere. It paid off too. His shooting percentage and low post game improved considerably with Spoelstra and Riley's guidance. Then he left and went back to Gilbert who was fine with letting the inmate run the asylum and the results speak for themselves.
The hilarious thing is the Cavs are still better off letting him run the show than do it themselves. Theyd be so screwed if they weren't handed 4 #1 picks in their last 7 lotto trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes