PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cam Newton tears down GB banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on a Packers forum that there actually is a rule against opposing signs at the Panthers stadium. Stupid though.
Is everyone required to buy and wear Scam Newton jerseys too? What a joke

I love that Cam did this. People in this thread are hypocrites. If Brady tore down a Broncos, Colts, Steelers, Ravens, bills dolphins or jets banner we'd praise him.

I would not be a fan of it. No need to do it. The thing though is that if Brady did it then it would just be one thing like this. Cam has a history of being a Diva and a jerk so you really can't compare it to a first time offense.

I would really dislike it if Brady did it, because it would be out of character for him to be a d-bag. His energy, his motivation, his intense competitive spirit? It comes out on the field. Not tearing down banners of people at Gillette. That's one explanation for his crazy longevity: he doesn't waste energy on stupid crap.

NFL* Goin Off! I thought Pats were only ones notorious for that. D'gate is old news now thanx to Hardy, GB, Cam, Talib.

The "affixing" thing is a legal technicality and a red herring here. The issue is one of freedom of expression in a public space (where anyone can buy a ticket for admission, rather than being chosen or screened by the property owner). If people are allowed to express their feelings about their team, it cuts both ways.

You have no federal freedom of expression in a space (even "public" space) that is privately owned. You may have a state freedom of expression in such a place depending on the exact terms of your state's constitution. See Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins.

And even if the stadium is publicly owned, you likely contracted away your freedom of expression by agreeing to the terms of the ticket you purchased.

At soccer stadiums all over the world the visiting fans are separated from the home fans in their own designated section of the stadium with lines of police to keep them "safe" from the home fans.

Heh.

I've long thought that European FootBall would be far far less violent ~ thus necessitating the Segregation that you refer to ~ if they simply made the Goals twice as big and jacked up the scoring.

European FootBall is excruciatingly boring. Who the Hell wants to grind through another 2-1 Ordeal??

Of course those Idiots are gonna get drunk and kill each other.

Gotta do something to pass the time. :D

This is overblown and dumb. It's dumb to bring an expensive banner to an enemy stadium and expect no one will mess with it; it's dumb for your star QB to be the one to mess with it; it's dumb to threaten to sue (I read that somewhere) if no one replaces it. Grow up for cripes sake, everyone involved.

Yeah, I agree. I'm no fan of Newton, God knows, and those folks probably didn't mean any harm, but it's just stupid and blatantly rude to Fly Your Flag on Enemy Turf. Guests are entitled to every Courtesy, as long as they are themselves courteous, but as much as I love the Patriots, I damned sure wouldn't go around insulting my Fellow Fans by unfurling Patriots Banners in their Stadiums, and I damned sure wouldn't tolerate them perpetrating that nonsense in our House, either: They're Marking Territory. Homey don't play that.

Any post with a Homey the clown reference rocks.
BTW agree completely with the post.

Thanks!! :D

I would not be a fan of it. No need to do it. The thing though is that if Brady did it then it would just be one thing like this. Cam has a history of being a Diva and a jerk so you really can't compare it to a first time offense.
what other kind of diva and jerky things has Cam done? i truly don't know since i haven't followed him.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I don't have a problem with Newton ripping down the sign (but he would've been better served to let the stadium staff take it down), but I do have a problem with his stupid 'Superman' act

I could give two ****s about this story .... MEH.

what other kind of diva and jerky things has Cam done? i truly don't know since i haven't followed him.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I can't remember everything so i looked a few up

The ref he ratted out i remember

probowl 2012 - According to several players in the game, some from both teams, Newton's standoffish, diva ways made him enemy No. 1 in the eyes of some of the players. "He was a total ----hole," one AFC player said. "Who did he think he was? He acted like the big sh--. Here he was at his first game and he acted like he was the star. Guys didn't like that."

just stuff like that over the refs. Like I said he is not a horrible person but he has a huge head and he acts like a jerk cause of it sometimes.

Cam Newton is a first class turd. Only surpassed by the yocal cheespuff that thought zip tying his sign there was a good idea. Only to then out do his own stupidity by claiming he has been wronged.
Cheespuff, just stick a sock in it.
Your 15 min of lunacy have expired!!

Freedom of expression? How about property rights. Just because you are not technically on public land doesn't mean you loose all property rights. That sign was their property. A player can't just come take it because they don't like it. If I go into a McDonalds and an employ steals my wallet, you aren't suggesting I have no legal recourse...

“We were on the front row, over there by the goalposts, and we wanted our grandkids to see us on TV,” Dobs said.
For the record, I spent Sunday in Vancouver, BC supporting the Portland Timbers (soccer) vs. the home team. We had signs, including one I helped to hang in the back row of the stadium. I think fans should be able to do whatever they want to support their team, home and away. And it's somewhat encumbent upon stadium staff and security to ensure that visiting fans are safe and treated fairly.

However, I lose whatever sympathy I have for visiting support when it's all about getting on tv.

Would anyone care if this wasn't cam?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Would anyone care if this wasn't cam?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

People have cared about coaches flipping people the bird in a non-football setting so, yes, people would still care about this if it wasn't Newton.

I don't see anything wrong with what Newton is doing. He has, along with Rivera, lifted a franchise out of the doldrums and made them bigger and better.
My first non-Patriots football thought this morning was about Newton and how he is kind of like Gronk. He really does get the fans going at home games. I think he is a top 10 QB now and what they are doing this year is pretty inspiring with no big name WR. It's just him and Olsen and a gang of Jags. Their D is pretty impressive of course and that wins Championships but the offense is all on him and that's a big like what Brady has done albeit in a totally different manner.

Tearing down banners, whatever. I just want to say that I would very much love for the patriots to have to play Carolina in the Super Bowl...love that matchup.

Go Panthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe