PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cam Newton tears down GB banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the dumbest thing ever. And I'm not talking about Cam. I'm talking about the guys with the sign. Just get over it. Keep your banner to your own stadium

IDK about North Carolina, but here in South Carolina (where I moved to two years ago after 20 in New England) the Panthers aren't anybody's team. The biggest NFL team here is the Steelers, probably followed next by the Giants, Ravens, Patriots, Bengals, Lions then somewhere down the line the Panthers.

This is because of the mass migration of Northerners to the South.

And really, the football team first and foremost amongst the native Southerners are either the Gamecocks or Clemson Tigers. Football is a Saturday thing down here.

In the end, I don't care about the sign or its creators or Cam.

But this is a great example of NFL tribalism and how it's ingrained that we root for the team that practices closest to our house or in a city that's in or near our state. Why can't there by North Carolinians that root for the Packers? What about the 20 or 30 states that don't have a team? (they root for the Cowboys)

I personally moved out of New England and remain a Patriots fan. I don't think the Panthers should have taken any offense to the sign, and would probably be delighted to see a similar sign in Wisconsin of Wisconsin Panthers fans (if such a preposterous thing could exist.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST