PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bruschi's Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice how small Bruschi is looking? I'm watching the NFL on ESPN and Schlereth looks huge next to him, the blond girl almost looks bigger. I googled Schereth and on a Q&A in 2010, he stated he was 215, tho his natural body weight was probably 230. At 215, Bruschi looks to weigh about 170. I know athletes have to work out after their playing days, I wonder if he's running. I vaguely remember a Viking defensive lineman who jogged after his playing days and lost an incredible amount of weight.

Yes he is running. He is training for the 2012 Boston Marathon.

He did say that. So your presumption is correct. Of course he had no evidense. He just made a judgment in his mind based on things he believes through his profession, his experience ,etc. At the time I was paranoid about heart attack and stroke at young ages, and perhaps he was trying to "comfort" me by saying Bruschi had other stuff going on. (I.e why he had a stroke so young) He basically said most of these current (at 2005 time frame) NFL players are on something. I'm not lying.

I did not imply that you are lying. You and your doctor are entitled to your opinions however that does not make such opinions facts. Personally I would be more cautious but that is just a suggestion.

He did say that. So your presumption is correct. Of course he had no evidense. He just made a judgment in his mind based on things he believes through his profession, his experience ,etc. At the time I was paranoid about heart attack and stroke at young ages, and perhaps he was trying to "comfort" me by saying Bruschi had other stuff going on. (I.e why he had a stroke so young) He basically said most of these current (at 2005 time frame) NFL players are on something. I'm not lying.

How old are you now? 11? This sounds like arguing with a kid who says something because that is what their parents said.
Jesus, my doctor said...? Worthy to be repeated in public? Really?

Look at Michael Strahan, that guy underwent a complete transformation after he retired. For most people the weight that they need to carry in the NFL isn't only unhealthy in the long run but it isn't their "natural" size. I'm not sure if it's something that players do when they leave football but it would seem like a good first stop would be to see a doctor to get on a diet / exercise regimen to get themselves back to where they should be. I'd bet Tedy is a lot more aware of what's best for him than a lot of his ex-teammates.

No 6 foot guy is naturally 250 lbs, he probably had to work harder at keeping the weight on than taking it off.

He has no evidence!!!! So he comforted you by slandering another person,without evidence?

Has he ever treated an NFL player? Has he ever examined Tedy? 1% of all doctors finished in the lower 1% of their class in med school. Sounds as if you may have found one of those 1%ers.

I did notice that Tedy had slimmed down, standing next to Schrerth, who's arms still look as big as a good sized mans thighs.

Last edited:
Half of the doctors folks deal with graduated in the bottom half of their classes, and half of them were in the bottom half of the bottom half. Not to mention the usual % of morons who slip through the cracks in any field. You would do well to keep that in mind when listening to their advice. Tedy had a hole in his heart that roughly 25% of us are estimated to have. It seldom is diagnosed unless you have an "event" like he did. The government doesn't want the medical community to dwell on such things lest millions of us little folks start lining up for expensive cardiac testing...

He has no evidence!!!! So he comforted you by slandering another person,without evidence?

Has he ever treated an NFL player? Has he ever examined Tedy? 1% of all doctors finished in the lower 1% of their class in med school. Sounds as if you may have found one of those 1%ers.

I did notice that Tedy had slimmed down, standing next to Schrerth, who's arms still look as big as a good sized mans thighs.

I found it amusing that you criticize the doctor for surmising, then turn around and surmise that the doctor is probably incompetent. Maybe he has quite a bit more knowledge than we all realize. Either way, is it really all that controversial to suspect steroid usage is rampant in football? Is it even that controversial to suspect that Tedy did roids at some point at his life?

Maybe the entire conversation was taken out of context. If a guy's just shooting the ****, why lambaste him? Are we so litigious as a society that nobody can give their off the record opinion? It didn't sound like he was giving his official medical diagnosis here.

Hey now, lets just log on, use a straw man (alleged doctor) to throw a bomb onto Tedy, with no substantiation or proof, then ride off.

So some doctor jumped to an alleged conclusion based upon a football player suffering a stroke. I thought MGH released report/statements saying Tedy had a hole in his heart which led to the stroke. I mean we all read that in the papers, right? Just some actual facts, but lets not let facts get in the way of a good straw man attack here :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Tedy's been running. Running trims you down if you're training for distance and that's what he's been doing. It's nothing more interesting than that.

Crack. Definitely crack.

Crack. Definitely crack.

Yes, my drug dealer said Teddy was using it. I am not lying, he actually said a lot of NFL players were using crack.

I found it amusing that you criticize the doctor for surmising, then turn around and surmise that the doctor is probably incompetent. Maybe he has quite a bit more knowledge than we all realize. Either way, is it really all that controversial to suspect steroid usage is rampant in football? Is it even that controversial to suspect that Tedy did roids at some point at his life?

Maybe the entire conversation was taken out of context. If a guy's just shooting the ****, why lambaste him? Are we so litigious as a society that nobody can give their off the record opinion? It didn't sound like he was giving his official medical diagnosis here.

How long have you been following the Patriots? Tedy's stroke was due to a hole in his heart. That is a well known fact. He had surgery to fix it, another well known fact.

If there was any thought that his stroke was brought on by roid use the media would have been all over it. WEEI would have had 2 years of programming. Not one expert doctor that was on the media news and talk shows at that time even suggested roid use.

This "doctor", if he said what the poster said he did, just blew something out of his butt without one crumb of fact to back him up. Then someone post his comments on a open forum. And that should go unchallenged?

Then someone like you who wants to defend his right to smear Tedy, without any fact to back it up.:eek: I don't find that amusing at all.

Last edited:
Crack. Definitely crack.

I feel like I'm on crack most days when I read some of the post on this forum.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

images

Last edited:
My Doctor told me that Bruschi definately was taking steroids. I'm not being a jerk, I am honestly saying what my physician told me back in 2005.

If your physician was treating Bruschi then his license should be revoked for violating physician-client confidentiality and HIPPA laws. If not then he was out of line for using the term 'definitely' because there is no way that he could know that for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes