PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Broncos Offer To Osweiler 3yrs $45

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe.....maybe not

Unless they think Jimmy G is not able to carry this team for four games and will be exposed as not a starting QB, no way they get rid of him for a second. They are better off carrying him as the back up and hoping to get more if he gets at least a start or two and performs well.

All you have to is see how teams are pursuing Osweiler to see he is more valuable to a team than a second if they think he can be even an avarage starter.

Unless they think Jimmy G is not able to carry this team for four games and will be exposed as not a starting QB, no way they get rid of him for a second. They are better off carrying him as the back up and hoping to get more if he gets at least a start or two and performs well.

All you have to is see how teams are pursuing Osweiler to see he is more valuable to a team than a second if they think he can be even an avarage starter.

except that nobody has to use a draft pick to get osweiler

except that nobody has to use a draft pick to get osweiler

And nobody has to pay Jimmy G anywhere close to $15 million a year for at least the next two years. He is under contract for $687k for 2016 and $820k for 2017. Two different situations. The only way you compare them is to see how much even unproven QBs with potential upside have a lot of value in a QB starved league.

If I am the Texans and think both Garoppolo and Osweiller have the same upside, I would probably risk giving up a 2017 first rounder (or possibly their 2016 first rounder since they only draft a handful of picks before the Pats would and the Pats might take their first this year and pick 29th) and have Garoppolo at a discount price than allocate $45 million over the next three years (depending on the guarantees) for Osweiller.

But if Brady's suspension is reinstated and he is denied an appeal, Garopollo is worth far more to the Pats than a second this year and he could potentially increase his trade value by the trade deadline or next off season.

Fitzpatrick is wicked smart and could find 8 to 10 mill a season 2 yr deal

Considering the fact that he's looking at 2x that money, I'm thinking your estimate may be a little off.

When guys like Kirk Cousins and Brock Osweiler are getting in the high teens per year, what makes you feel as though Fitzpatrick is willing to take 1/2 that amount? He's the only one of the bunch to be a proven, experienced starter.

There's a good reason why he and the NYJ are so far apart in negotiations, despite leading them to a good season.

Kept his cool and doesn't have a media whirlwind surrounding him

Other players should pay attention haha

Going out at 2am and picking up pizzas is not smart but I'm old and wise from doing things like that at 22.:p

Going out at 2am and picking up pizzas is not smart but I'm old and wise from doing things like that at 22.:p
maybe he couldnt pass up papa johns manning farewell early bird special

Ill laugh if they lose Osweiler, do they have another QB on the roster?

This is what the two of you got out of this video? Obviously, he could've used some restraint in the beginning as well, unless of course, the whole city of Denver just attacked him for no good reason.

Ill laugh if they lose Osweiler, do they have another QB on the roster?

Not one who would play any meaningful snaps.

There is a no name 3rd stringer, but I don't know his name.

Shows very good restraint here although he should have leveled the bum.

Smart kid.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/07/brock-osweiler-blindsided-at-pizza-shop-refuses-to-fight-back-video/
Osweiler would absolutely towel up that rotund jerk and how about the dopey broad making the comment about him "hitting her"? It's bad enough you're filming it to send to TMZ but then you expose yourself as a lying POS. Gotta love the litigation era.

Well done to Osweiler. It must have been so tempting to floor those ****heads.

Shows very good restraint here although he should have leveled the bum.

Smart kid.

Brock Osweiler -- Blindsided at Pizza Shop ... Refuses to Fight Back (VIDEO)
A few things:

1) Don't read the comments section in that link. It's a wasteland and I'm dumber for having read it.

2) Scottsdale PD, way to do nothing about the situation. I guess he was in Arizona for this clip, which makes sense considering he played at Arizona State.

3) It's too bad a man can't get pizza in peace without being antagonized by some drunken fools. I will say though that the smarter move would have been to have one of his posse pick up the pizza while he wait in the car. He was definitely going to be identified going back to his old stomping grounds. Oh, and being 6'8" will get you noticed in public too, I imagine. Still, I blame the idiots trying to troll him outside. Good for Osweiler though, at least someone in that video showed restraint.

This is what the two of you got out of this video? Obviously, he could've used some restraint in the beginning as well, unless of course, the whole city of Denver just attacked him for no good reason.
Sure. So could have Tom when he flipped off the cabbie.

Players are not required to become Ghandi. They have the right to speak their mind

A few things:

1) Don't read the comments section in that link. It's a wasteland and I'm dumber for having read it.

2) Scottsdale PD, way to do nothing about the situation. I guess he was in Arizona for this clip, which makes sense considering he played at Arizona State.

3) It's too bad a man can't get pizza in peace without being antagonized by some drunken fools. I will say though that the smarter move would have been to have one of his posse pick up the pizza while he wait in the car. He was definitely going to be identified going back to his old stomping grounds. Oh, and being 6'8" will get you noticed in public too, I imagine. Still, I blame the idiots trying to troll him outside. Good for Osweiler though, at least someone in that video showed restraint.
Public figures should be able to lead a life. If they wan't to go out for pizza, they shouldn't have to deal with drunken ****heads looking for a trophy or to make a dollar.

I am in the camp that says he will never resign with Denver because of the benching to get Manning in and the NFL fairytail to walk off into the sunset with another Lombardo. The main goal if I was him is to royally screw Denver as much as I could and leave.

I am in the camp that says he will never resign with Denver because of the benching to get Manning in and the NFL fairytail to walk off into the sunset with another Lombardo. The main goal if I was him is to royally screw Denver as much as I could and leave.
Yeah but, it's still easily the best situation. Great GM, a very good defense and a lot of weapons offensively. Only reason he should leave is if Elway isn't dishing out the guaranteed money.

Yeah but, it's still easily the best situation. Great GM, a very good defense and a lot of weapons offensively. Only reason he should leave is if Elway isn't dishing out the guaranteed money.

They have a good couple of WRs, where is the RBs.. there Defence is literally going to be left with Von Miller. I don't see the upside in Denver personally.

They have a good couple of WRs, where is the RBs.. there Defence is literally going to be left with Von Miller. I don't see the upside in Denver personally.
Kubiak can turn any scrub RB into a quality one. That defense is still going to be a top 5-10. Secondary still in tact. What team has a better situation?

If he leaves Denver he's an idiot. Defending SB champions, worst road games in the league by far for the opponents, great defense, he is not a proven player, he can get this first contract from somebody else and then fall of a cliff to Mark Sanchez category of QB's. If he stays in Denver and manage to make 8-8, 9-7 seasons it's almost guaranteed he is going to get a second shot at a big contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe