PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Broncos Offer To Osweiler 3yrs $45

Status
Not open for further replies.

manxman2601

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

There's no information on the nature of the deal and without guaranteed figures it's not that helpful. But it makes me wonder what plan the Jets have too. Two of our rivals currently don't have a viable QB for next year. Would Fitzpatrick want similar money to Osweiler?

I have a feeling that someone might actually be willing to pay Brock even more than that though, so we will see.

That's a lot of money for a pretty unproven QB. The right amount of years, but too much money.

That's a lot of money for a pretty unproven QB. The right amount of years, but too much money.
But if you're them your hands are pretty tied. And What would be the alternative? Brock if anything has at least shown some signs of potential.

Houston could offer him more if hits market

Manning swoops in and signs the contract himself.

1xgK2o3.gif

I know that guarantees play a big factor in these deals but if Osweiler is worth 3 yrs/$45m, then Fitzpatrick has to be 2 yrs/$40m

If I was a GM looking for a QB and was presented with those two as a choice, I'd take Fitzpatrick over Osweiler without a moment's hesitation.

Our best case for Denver to get worse as a team, specifically their historic defense:

Sign Brock Osweiler to significant cap space (14 mil +)
Lose Malik Jackson in FA, forced to keep 34 year old Ware instead
Lose Danny Trevathan in FA

Cousins signed his tender and got 20 million.

I could also see the Rams going after him for more $ than that too.

brock would be a fool to pass that up.
Agreed. But not because he couldn't get more or because there's a lot of funny money being thrown around. It's $45m (forget the guarantee, he'd likely see all $45m of it unless he totally sucks) and the best situation amongst the available QB starting jobs in the league. If he doesn't LIKE being in Denver then I'd take that offer to Houston and see what they think, but he'd be silly to walk away from what looks like a pretty good situation comparatively.

If I was a GM looking for a QB and was presented with those two as a choice, I'd take Fitzpatrick over Osweiler without a moment's hesitation.
If you were looking for one season...maaaaaybe. Certainly not if you had 4 years grooming one guy and that guy was, oh also btw, 8 years younger than the other. Osweiler might end up breaking your heart after flashes of brilliance and costing your team the playoffs in the end - but you KNOW Fitzy will. He's alright though, always liked him.

I know it's fun to **** on other teams QBs because ours is so awesome AND doesn't ask for a bunch of money but sometimes the comments on other teams QBs are just way out of line with the reality of the NFL for most of the other 31 teams.

Pats Fans Forum Logic:
Flacco - is, at best, the 24th best QB in the league because sometimes he had good WRs
Osweiler - 2nd round pick, is a bum despite having 4 years in the league and playing winning football once finally forced into the lineup in a high-pressure environment behind Peyton Manning on a playoff team
James Garroppolo - 2nd round pick, despite never taking a meaningful snap in 2 years, could likely be traded straight up for multiple HOF players and/or 1st-round picks

Last edited:
Dude, Sam freaking Bradford is making $18 million a year. If I'm Osweiler I want at least that much.

I'd take Sam Bradford

Osweiler is a stiff.

And I don't think Bradford is any good, but he's better than Osweiler

Agreed. But not because he couldn't get more or because there's a lot of funny money being thrown around. It's $45m (forget the guarantee, he'd likely see all $45m of it unless he totally sucks) and the best situation amongst the available QB starting jobs in the league. If he doesn't LIKE being in Denver then I'd take that offer to Houston and see what they think, but he'd be silly to walk away from what looks like a pretty good situation comparatively.

If you were looking for one season...maaaaaybe. Certainly not if you had 4 years grooming one guy and that guy was, oh also btw, 8 years younger than the other. Osweiler might end up breaking your heart after flashes of brilliance and costing your team the playoffs in the end - but you KNOW Fitzy will. He's alright though, always liked him.

I know it's fun to **** on other teams QBs because ours is so awesome AND doesn't ask for a bunch of money but sometimes the comments on other teams QBs are just way out of line with the reality of the NFL for most of the other 31 teams.

I'd personally ride with Fitpatrick for 2-3 years whilst looking for his long-term replacement. I saw very little out of Osweiler that suggests he's going to be anything more than an average QB. If that.

I'd personally ride with Fitpatrick for 2-3 years whilst looking for his long-term replacement. I saw very little out of Osweiler that suggests he's going to be anything more than an average QB. If that.
Well he has played for 4 different teams the past 4 years, why not make it 5. Clearly he's got the stuff people want to keep around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe