PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Breaking News! Bengals release Chris Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you in the business world?

People find out.

And people are fired, or given inducements to resign.

I can name so many examples of this.

Leads to lawsuits, eh? No it doesn't. Laws in this country allow a business to fire you for practically ANY reason other than race, and gender.

I've heard of people getting fired after solicitation charges.

I own a business in a 'right to work' state. Now, feel free to tell me all about how it works.

Last edited:
Doesn't surprise me at all, if it was a character like this on the Pats he would have been cut after his FIRST arrest. :bricks:

Finally the Bengals do something right !!! Hopefully this scumbag will be shunned and we'll never hear his pathetic name again.

:rofl: @ Chad Johnson's reaction on ESPN radio today.

Max Kellerman: Hey Chad, have you heard about Chris Henry yet? The Bengals have released him.
Chad Johnson: What?!
Max Kellerman: Yup. Bengals have released Chris Henry today. How does that make you feel at this moment?
Chad Johnson: *Silence*
Max Kellerman: This is radio Chad we need to hear you.
Chad Johnson: .....Are you sure?
Max Kellerman: Yes. 100%. Chris Henry released by the team.
Chad Johnson: ......Daaamn. They can't let him go man...dude is good. He's very, very good.
Chad Johnson: So you serious?
Max Kellerman: Yes, he's been released. Chad your comment?
Chad Johnson: Wow.

Last edited:
:rofl: @ Chad Johnson's reaction on ESPN radio today.

Max Kellerman: Hey Chad, have you heard about Chris Henry yet? The Bengals have released him.
Chad Johnson: What?!
Max Kellerman: Yup. Bengals have released Chris Henry today. How does that make you feel at this moment?
Chad Johnson: *Silence*
Max Kellerman: This is radio Chad we need to hear you.
Chad Johnson: .....Are you sure?
Max Kellerman: Yes. 100%. Chris Henry released by the team.
Chad Johnson: ......Daaamn. They can't let him go man...dude is good. He's very, very good.
Chad Johnson: So you serious?
Max Kellerman: Yes, he's been released. Chad your comment?
Chad Johnson: Wow.

I heard that and was laughing my butt off. Chad Johnson is going to be fighting TO for airtime here shortly. :rocker:

I own a business in a 'right to work' state. Now, feel free to tell me all about how it works.
What state do you live in and how many employees do you have that interface with the public?

This is how the business world works. Especially when a guy has been in trouble in the past. Businesses don't sit around waiting for juries. And they off people on much less scandalous acts that accusations of smashing people's faces in.

I knew a guy who was fired for saying something to a client that was misinterpreted. Our company acknowledged it was a mistake but had to fire him because of the PR with the big client.

This nonsense of cutting players before there's been a trial or even a full finding of facts has really got to stop. Hopefully the Players' Union will be strong enough to get that dealt with in the next CBA. Sadly, they'll probably cave because of the P.R. involved.

I think the guy had enough chances man...

I think the guy had enough chances man...

Agreed. While I'm usually one of the people arguing that football players are football players and nothing more, Chris Henry has been an absolute disgrace. The Bengals are doing themselves a favor by showing him the door and his lengthy and inarguable track record speaks volumes about his lack of character. Usually I'd say the guy's talent is nuts, take a flyer on him because he's just a football player, but Henry is out of control. Even I don't want anything to do with him.

I was driving home from class today (University of Cincinnati) and heard on 700WLW (covers the Reds and Bengals) that the judge referred to Henry as a "one man criminal wrecking crew" :D

Last edited:

I already did. The Supreme Court decides these things, and they have. Doesn't matter what state you live in. An employer doesn't need to show cause to fire you. They can fire you on a whim. May not be good for employee morale, but they don't need a reason. Of course, if you have evidence that you've been discriminated against, then you have a case. Otherwise, it's sayonara.

I already did. The Supreme Court decides these things, and they have. Doesn't matter what state you live in. An employer doesn't need to show cause to fire you. They can fire you on a whim. May not be good for employee morale, but they don't need a reason. Of course, if you have evidence that you've been discriminated against, then you have a case. Otherwise, it's sayonara.

You'd best go back and check again. This time, you might actually read my post that you responded to. I didn't talk about "bob the carpenter" when it came to how such things were dealt with, I used public employees as an example. Even in "right to work" states, unions (and individuals not in unions) can bargain with their employers. "At will" firings are generally covered, and eliminated, in such bargains.

Last edited:
Where's Bob Lobel when we need him? Good ol' Bob, half in the bag as usual, uttering his trite oft overused trademark phrase, "Why can't we get players like that?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News