PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brandon Browner Back To The Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I have a feeling we all know who Tom, Josh, and Bill are going after when they meet up this year.

Yup...because "the best CB" in the league doesn't leave his side of the field. Ha

I'm not going to hate on Browner ever. He was a good Patriot, played tough, spoke out protecting the organization and Brady during Deflategate and helped Butler make the biggest play in the history of the Super Bowl. Call me stupid, but I wish him luck back in Seattle. They have the perfect Safeties to maximize his talent at CB. If he has anything left, it's a good move for both player and club.

Agree on his contribution to the Patriots but I don't think he will help them much except against some TEs or big slow WRs. CB penalties keep drives alive and I think the Patriots will eat his lunch when the Seahawks come to NE, although I don't think they are dumb enough to try him on Edelman or Amendola.

Good for Browner. He will forever be in my good books after he helped us in a SB. Best of luck, even though you are going to the hawks

Happy for him. His contributions here will always be remembered.

I think Seattle is one of the few places he could still be useful too. They know him and can use him in the roles he is best at.

21 accepted penalties last year.

My goodness.

Good move for Browner. He lines up across an elite CB on the other side and is given plenty of help up top by one of the elite safeties in football. That's a very smart career decision. I wish him the best except when he plays the Pats.

21 accepted penalties last year.

My goodness.
Yeah, those were a lot. I have spent almost half my life living near New Orleans and work with a bunch of die-hard Saints fans. They unmercifully bashed him all season, but I would defend the guy. Just like Malcolm Butler, they have earned my undying respect for their play in the second half of SB 49. Like the other posters who commented in this thread, I wish him the best (just not when we play them).

I do not understand the people bashing browner. He is what he has always been a situational #2 corner you put on a big WR with help over the top. He is VERY good at that role and provides much needed attitude and intimidation. What he is not and has never been is a guy you leave by himself as your number 1 and people see the name and assume he can handle that. I loved him when he was here penalties and all because that secondary had a mentality that if you throw in our area it will cost you. I would love to have him back (at the right price a couple million tops) just to jam any 6 foot plus receivers we face. Is he a full time starter? Hell no but he is a damn good piece of the puzzle to mix and match into the secondary. I wish him nothing but the best except when Brady wants to throw on him.

Yup...because "the best CB" in the league doesn't leave his side of the field. Ha
Actually, Sherman has been following guys a lot more the past two seasons. Seattle still loves their zone schemes, so he ends up still spending enough time one one side, but they have been mixing things up a lot more. He had a down season last year by his own lofty standards. I like Sherman, though.

Yeah, those were a lot. I have spent almost half my life living near New Orleans and work with a bunch of die-hard Saints fans. They unmercifully bashed him all season, but I would defend the guy. Just like Malcolm Butler, they have earned my undying respect for their play in the second half of SB 49. Like the other posters who commented in this thread, I wish him the best (just not when we play them).
Browner was fine here. As far as I'm concerned he earned his entire 2014 salary for his play in the 4th quarter of SB 49

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST