PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Anybody watching Dungy and Rodney telestrate how Tyree was open...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samuel blew the coverage, but Harrison was right there to make a play. It doesn't make sense to you that someone in a position to make a play should make a play?

I mean, yes, Asante screwed up, but, Harrison is right there to cover for his screwup and nullify the play. What if Asante had slipped and fell down, does that excuse Harrison from making the play as well because it's not his man?

Well, as the saying goes... the other guy is getting paid as well.

I don't think it was a case of Rodney not making a play as much as Tyree making an unreal catch. Rodney did just about everything possible to force that ball loose, but by some miracle Tyree managed to hold onto the ball off his helmet. It was a freak play, so it is hard to blame Rodney.

Samuel blew the coverage, but Harrison was right there to make a play. It doesn't make sense to you that someone in a position to make a play should make a play?

I mean, yes, Asante screwed up, but, Harrison is right there to cover for his screwup and nullify the play. What if Asante had slipped and fell down, does that excuse Harrison from making the play as well because it's not his man?

Harrison made the tackle. He made his play. No, it doesn't make sense to me that you should try assigning any percentage of blame to Harrison other than 0%.

That was nothing new to me as I thought Samuel blew his assignment. I've made that clear a long time ago. Harrison was left out to dry as Samuel and Sanders were sleeping on the job. That miracle wouldn't have ever happened had Samuel and Sanders helped out on the play. I can't believe were still taking about that play.

Sanders helped watch. Like he "Olayed" Adai in the 06 Championship game.

DW Toys

What I don't understand is why they were even going over that play. The timing of it was so odd.

Asante quit on that play, you see him jog to a stop just yards away from Rodney and Tyree, figuring Rodney had it covered. He easily could have assisted on the play. No excuse for his letting up.

That was #36 in that frame and not Assante. #36 was a yard or two away from Harrison and Tyree.

It really makes no difference.
It was kismet.
DW Toys

Sanders helped watch. Like he "Olayed" Adai in the 06 Championship game.

DW Toys
Pretty much every player on the team Olay'ed Adai on that play.

Harrison made the tackle. He made his play. No, it doesn't make sense to me that you should try assigning any percentage of blame to Harrison other than 0%.

I didn't assign any percentage of blame to Harrison. I just pointed out, that althouth Samuel blew that coverage, Harrison was in the position to make a play.

And although I agree with NE93 that Tyree just made a once in a lifetime catch and Harrisson did everything he could to prevent the pass. It doesn't change the fact that the person with the best opportunity and in position to prevent that pass from completion once the ball was up in the air was Harrison.

Also, I'm not blaming that one play for us losing the game. There were plenty of opportunities throughout the game for a lot of players.

Re: Anybody watching Dungy and Rodney telestrate how Tyree was open...

painful to watch that. we were a split second form Mike Cary blowing the whistle.

Not to mention the blatant holding.

Ouch... that hurt watching. Should of never let them hang around in that game

Re: Anybody watching Dungy and Rodney telestrate how Tyree was open...

The goggles, they do nothing!

lol...a Rainier Wolfcastle reference in a patriots forum.:D

Boy, I can't wait until we win the superbowl this year and finally turn the page on the travesties of 05-08

I didn't assign any percentage of blame to Harrison. I just pointed out, that althouth Samuel blew that coverage, Harrison was in the position to make a play.

And although I agree with NE93 that Tyree just made a once in a lifetime catch and Harrisson did everything he could to prevent the pass. It doesn't change the fact that the person with the best opportunity and in position to prevent that pass from completion once the ball was up in the air was Harrison.

Also, I'm not blaming that one play for us losing the game. There were plenty of opportunities throughout the game for a lot of players.

You're continuing to claim that Harrison didn't make a play when he did. Samuel left his assignment and spent the rest of the play doing nothing. Harrison had to leave his assignment and make the tackle.

And the 'blame' here is about this one play.

Last edited:
Boy, I can't wait until we win the superbowl this year and finally turn the page on the travesties of 05-08

I just said this morning that I wont be over the 06 AFC title game or Superbowl 42 until we win another one. Hopefully it's this year, we have no excuse for blowing that game with a lead and 2 minutes to play.

You're continuing to claim that Harrison didn't make a play when he did. Samuel left his assignment and spent the rest of the play doing nothing. Harrison had to leave his assignment and make the tackle.

And the 'blame' here is about this one play.

You're making it sound like Asante just sat down and took a seat. He gambled and moved to a place where he thought he could make a play. You're also making it sound like the only play Harrison had a chance to make was the tackle. Harrison was standing there with Tyree like basketball players battling for a rebound. Blame Asante for leaving his man, but overlooking the fact that Harrison was in position to prevent that pass from being completed is being short-sighted.

video anyone? I'd love to watch this garbage one more time

You're making it sound like Asante just sat down and took a seat. He gambled and moved to a place where he thought he could make a play. You're also making it sound like the only play Harrison had a chance to make was the tackle. Harrison was standing there with Tyree like basketball players battling for a rebound. Blame Asante for leaving his man, but overlooking the fact that Harrison was in position to prevent that pass from being completed is being short-sighted.

Rodney's job on that play is to prevent the blown coverage from turning into a touchdown. Period.

I'm sorry to dig up rotting corpses but how did the Giants not get called for the massive holding on that play?

I'm sorry to dig up rotting corpses but how did the Giants not get called for the massive holding on that play?

because no one wants to be the ref to call holding on a potential game winning superbowl drive, unfortunately. Sort of like how they let penalities go in overtime in every hockey game.

video anyone? I'd love to watch this garbage one more time

YouTube - David Tyree's AMAZING Catch

Jump ball up in the air.

And to the guy who said that Harrison's job was to prevent this from turning into a TD, period. I mean, really dude? This was a jump ball between Rodney and Tyree. This was not a game saving TD tackle as you are inferring with your post.

This was not a game saving TD tackle as you are inferring with your post.

If Rodney does not break off his wide receiver and cover Tyree, that is a touchdown.

I really wish we have some sort of closure and move on :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye