PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Anybody watching Dungy and Rodney telestrate how Tyree was open...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was nothing new to me as I thought Samuel blew his assignment. I've made that clear a long time ago. Harrison was left out to dry as Samuel and Sanders were sleeping on the job. That miracle wouldn't have ever happened had Samuel and Sanders helped out on the play. I can't believe were still taking about that play.

Last edited:
Players are put in positions to make plays. A$ante was in position to intercept Eli, and he muffed it. Later, he could have stayed in position and stuck with his man, instead of trying to be a superstar and get in on something underneath.

For all Rodney's hard hits over the years, he went for the ball this time, and it hurt.

I am glad Rodney threw Samuel under the bus. It's about time. People have tried to put the blame SOLELY on the offense for that loss, yet when this has been mentioned about how Samuel blew the coverage on Tyree's TD, on that pass and then dropping the interception, people just kinda swept it under the rug as if it didn't matter.

As others have pointed out, though, it was a TEAM loss. But Asante was a big reason why they lost when they were on defense. Mike Carrey was another reason.

Interesting. Makes you wonder if that play was the reason why Belichick didn't go out of his way to try and bring him back.

Re: Anybody watching Dungy and Rodney telestrate how Tyree was open...

I shut off the TV.

I mean, really, are we going to be subjected to that BS everytime Eli Manning plays a prime time game?

Don't answer that.

I did the same thing, particularly when they said they were going to interview Peyton Manning about the whole tragedy! How many times are we going to be subject to that! Did Rodney actually throw Asante under the bus? If I was him I would have said I couldn't participate in the story as the pain was too fresh. Ridiculous!

Re: Anybody watching Dungy and Rodney telestrate how Tyree was open...

I did the same thing, particularly when they said they were going to interview Peyton Manning about the whole tragedy! How many times are we going to be subject to that! Did Rodney actually throw Asante under the bus? If I was him I would have said I couldn't participate in the story as the pain was too fresh. Ridiculous!

Rodney noted that the secondary was in man coverage. The film showed that Asante let Tyree go once Eli got flushed, while the others stayed with their men. Rodney just confirmed it.

so samuel is the new bill buckner ?

manning broke with like 3 tackels to get that ball off to a guy who never got a catch again and is out of the nfl

harrison is a HOF... S who should have knocked the ball out but he did not

BB maybe the greatest HC in NFL history and he is known for puting guy's in the right spot where they can win

yet he put hobbs to cover plex one on one on a all out blitz

you win as a team and you lose as a team

who cares its old news

last time i looked the steelers are still the world champs not the G men

so they should have be talking about how the cards give up the winning TD to big ben

this was just NBC's way of rubing it in roddney's face

so samuel is the new bill buckner ?

manning broke with like 3 tackels to get that ball off to a guy who never got a catch again and is out of the nfl

harrison is a HOF... S who should have knocked the ball out but he did not

BB maybe the greatest HC in NFL history and he is known for puting guy's in the right spot where they can win

yet he put hobbs to cover plex one on one on a all out blitz

you win as a team and you lose as a team

who cares its old news

last time i looked the steelers are still the world champs not the G men

so they should have be talking about how the cards give up the winning TD to big ben

this was just NBC's way of rubing it in roddney's face

They covered it on the TV tonight, and got the input of a Patriots player that was on the field for the play. If that doesn't interest you, feel free to skip the rest of the thread.

For some of us, it was worth the time spent.

They covered it on the TV tonight, and got the input of a Patriots player that was on the field for the play. If that doesn't interest you, feel free to skip the rest of the thread.

For some of us, it was worth the time spent.

if you would have read my whole post befor makeing a comment on it you would have seen that i was talking about NBC and not you

there was no reason for them to talk about something from 2 year's ago

if you would have read my whole post befor makeing a comment on it you would have seen that i was talking about NBC and not you

there was no reason for them to talk about something from 2 year's ago

I read your whole post. As I said, they had the input of a Patriots player who was on the field for that play.

What's annoying is watching how pathetic Eli Manning is playing against the Cardinals today.

The giants uniforms are so ugly to me. Especially those without the sleeves

Last edited:
What's annoying is watching how pathetic Eli Manning is playing against the Cardinals today.

Nothing annoying about it, he has always struggled at home, the wind plays tricks with this mind

oh,, mini Nning asking for a flag there? Or my eyes deceiving me?

Interesting thread, I wish I would have seen the breakdown myself, maybe I can find it on YouTube or something.

I would have been more interested in seeing a breakdown of the line play on that fluke. Holding is always called in that particular situation, and it wasn't on that play for some reason. I also believe 1, if not 2, patriot rusher was the victim of hands to the face on that play as well.

I have probably watched that game 5 times and it is amazing how many missed opportunities the Patriots had. There were some things that I believe haven't been talked about (Brady missed Moss for 2-3 big plays with uncharacteristically bad throws, Welker did not make a route adjustment when the corner covering him blitzed, the 4th and 1 on the final drive was painfully close to being stuffed by Rashad Moore or whatever that DT's name was). I hope someday a book will be written about this game that could answer some of the lingering questions. This is probably the most painful loss any team will ever suffer and it was completely avoidable with just one break going the Pats way, nevermind them actually playing just slightly closer to their potential.

Interesting thread, I wish I would have seen the breakdown myself, maybe I can find it on YouTube or something.

I would have been more interested in seeing a breakdown of the line play on that fluke. Holding is always called in that particular situation, and it wasn't on that play for some reason. I also believe 1, if not 2, patriot rusher was the victim of hands to the face on that play as well.

I have probably watched that game 5 times and it is amazing how many missed opportunities the Patriots had. There were some things that I believe haven't been talked about (Brady missed Moss for 2-3 big plays with uncharacteristically bad throws, Welker did not make a route adjustment when the corner covering him blitzed, the 4th and 1 on the final drive was painfully close to being stuffed by Rashad Moore or whatever that DT's name was). I hope someday a book will be written about this game that could answer some of the lingering questions. This is probably the most painful loss any team will ever suffer and it was completely avoidable with just one break going the Pats way, nevermind them actually playing just slightly closer to their potential.

Well, one thing that was nice was that one of the hosts (I believe it was Costas) made the point that the whole thing was so unlikely that you essentially couldn't duplicate it if you tried to. From Carey moving as if he were going to blow the whistle but not doing it, through the very end...

The more time goes on, the more the fluke nature of the play will overshadow anything else.

Last edited:
I was watching to the show to see some highlights of the day's games but had to turn away from I heard Costas say the words "Manning" "SB 42" and "Patriots". I thought I was over that game but I guess not.

While watching the Saints/Dolphins game yesterday and when it was thought that Darren Sharper's INT/TD might of been a touchback, I started to explain to my wife the Champ Bailey/Ben Watson play from the playoffs a few years ago.

Oh well, at least I'm not like most of the JEST fans who weren't even born when they won there last SuperBowl...:singing:

That play will be talked about forever. It's the new " Immaculate Reception ".
Sorry, Franco Harris, you've been upstaged.

Interesting. Makes you wonder if that play was the reason why Belichick didn't go out of his way to try and bring him back.

I think he did want to bring him back, just not at the money he ended up getting paid.

It is silly to blame Samuels for that loss. That was one play in the game, so you can't say it cost them the win. There were other opportunities, the Giants just took advantage of more of them.

Heck, if you want to blame him, Asante also dropped a potential interception near the sidelines in that game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back