PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Antonio Brown vs Santa Claus

AB has the same # of TDs as Calvin Johnson and 672 more yds. He's a 7x PB, 4x AP and SB winner. Calvin was 6x PB and 4x AP, no SB. ABs main problem is the glut of receivers waiting to be enacted in the HOF.
The main issue for AB won't be his stats IMO, it will be that everyone hates him and will look to keep him out. Basically he will get the Rodney Harrison treatment.

39zjec.jpg

Racist pos

Kinda sucks that Santa Claus hasn't emerged to defend himself

So "***got" gets flagged as a Hateful Conduct violation, but "cracker" doesn't...
Both words should be allowed on there, along with the N word (these are basic litmus tests for free speech), but Elon Musk is a massive fraud. The fact he paid over $40 Billion to gaslight people into thinking he's pro free speech is embarrassing. He's got dozens of 'report tweet' categories including ones for "misgendering" and banned the word "cis" as a slur.

The main issue for AB won't be his stats IMO, it will be that everyone hates him and will look to keep him out. Basically he will get the Rodney Harrison treatment.
Sure, but I personally don't care about his off field issues. I only look at these players as athletes and evaluate them for their on field performances. You can say whatever you want about AB, but you can not dispute how crazy talented he was as a receiver.

Lol at the Santa, Easter bunny, Tooth fairy defenders. They probably also believe there's a god.

Sure, but I personally don't care about his off field issues. I only look at these players as athletes and evaluate them for their on field performances. You can say whatever you want about AB, but you can not dispute how crazy talented he was as a receiver.
Off the field issues bleed into on the field and into the locker rooms. If you're a selfish, narcissistic entitled ******* off the field then you're probably that way to some degree on the field and that can hurt the team in a lot of ways

Off the field issues bleed into on the field and into the locker rooms. If you're a selfish, narcissistic entitled ******* off the field then you're probably that way to some degree on the field and that can hurt the team in a lot of ways
And I think his off field issues that made him quit on the Bucs probably cost the GOAT #8

Completely agree.

I was recently talking with another patriots fan regarding Hernandez. If you ignore the off field stuff and homicidal tendencies, then he argued (and I agree) that over a full career, he could have been a HOF TE. As a NFL player, dude was unique and an absolute stud. I definitely think he would have been better than Kelce (TE in Name Only)

I see AB the same way. Dude is supremely talented on the field.

Yea, idc. These are all men we're talking about. All men have flaws. I'm in a no judgement zone. I watch football for the players. Idgaf what vice, debauchery, or good deeds these dudes have/do when not in uniform.

Obviously, stuff like murder takes it to a whole different level. It's quite amusing how quick Pats fans are to judge other teams players for off field issues, given we had Aaron Hernandez and gave him a $40M contract extension, making him one of the highest paid TEs.

Completely agree.

I was recently talking with another patriots fan regarding Hernandez. If you ignore the off field stuff and homicidal tendencies, then he argued (and I agree) that over a full career, he could have been a HOF TE. As a NFL player, dude was unique and an absolute stud. I definitely think he would have been better than Kelce (TE in Name Only)

I see AB the same way. Dude is supremely talented on the field.
Lol, didn't see this until my post above. AB is no AH though.

As far as AB misconduct goes, this is certainly one of the more tame examples.

It curious who raises their voice - and when - as these types of things re: hate/race come up.

Yea, idc. These are all men we're talking about. All men have flaws. I'm in a no judgement zone. I watch football for the players. Idgaf what vice, debauchery, or good deeds these dudes have/do when not in uniform.

Obviously, stuff like murder takes it to a whole different level. It's quite amusing how quick Pats fans are to judge other teams players for off field issues, given we had Aaron Hernandez and gave him a $40M contract extension, making him one of the highest paid TEs.
Whether you care or not or whether you don't give a fk or not is irrelevant. If the coach or teammates do is relevant. If a guy is running a race against time then you'd be right but he's on a team.

Whether you care or not or whether you don't give a fk or not is irrelevant. If the coach or teammates do is relevant. If a guy is running a race against time then you'd be right but he's on a team.
Who's talking about this as a team member? We're talking as fans. Obviously.

BTW, do you really believe players sit in judgement of what other players are being accused of outside the locker room? Have you ever met a player outside the stadium/ team event? These guys are regular men, with all the flaws that come with being a man. You must be extremely naive to believe these dudes are any different than judges, lawyers, doctors, cops, firemen, salesmen, etc., with all of their vices, perversions, and moral predicaments.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back