OT: Another Colt arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

convertedpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Colts continue to fail off football field

Here's a refresher of the string of issues the Colts have dealt with since March 2014:

• March 2014: Owner Jim Irsay arrested on suspicion of impaired driving. He was suspended by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for six games in September following his guilty plea on one misdemeanor count of driving while impaired. He was also fined $500,000.
  • May 2014: Linebacker Robert Mathis suspended four games for using performance-enhancing drugs.
  • September 2014: Receiver Da'Rick Rogers arrested on suspicion of DUI. He was released by the Colts.
  • September 2014: Safety LaRon Landry suspended four games for using performance-enhancing drugs.
  • January 2015: Linebacker Josh McNary charged with rape and placed on the commissioner's exempt list pending the outcome of the case.
  • January 2015: Running back Trent Richardson suspended two games for conduct detrimental to the team.
  • January 2015: Linebacker Andrew Jackson arrested, his second DUI charge.
  • January 2015: Linebacker D'Qwell Jackson arrested on assault charges.

And what are the Colts saying about their embarrassing string of incidents?

Nothing.

A team spokesman said Irsay and general manager Ryan Grigson are not available for interviews.

While the Deflategate ******** was going on, Irsay wrote, "The integrity of the game is critical." If that's the case Mr. Irsay, first look in the mirror, and then at your own team before you even think about anyone else.

D'Qwell Jackson was also the Colts player who had the only football deflated way below standards. Reports are now pointing the finger at the Colts players themselves tampering with a ball while the others were nowhere near that level. It wouldn't surprise me from an organization of drug addicts and drunks, now featuring a potential rapist and a tough guy assaulting someone over a parking spot.

Last edited:
Actually, D'Qwell Jackson stated that he never noticed anything wrong with the ball he intercepted, and that he never said anything to the staff or other players about it. All he did was hand it to the equipment man who told him (Jackson) that it would be in his locker on Monday morning.

I'm not trying to downplay his later assault charge, or anything that the Colts did, but D'Qwell wasn't behind the accusations of "deflated" footballs.

Reports are now pointing the finger at the Colts players themselves tampering with a ball while the others were nowhere near that level.

Any reputable links for these "reports?"

Any reputable links for these "reports?"

After this whole affair, I don't think there are any reputable links left in the media, just some days you're not the target and somebody else is. So you can see them circling the Colts now.

But FWIW, our old friend Ian Rapoport reported that many of the balls were a tick under and only the one from Jackson was significantly under.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-investigation-of-patriots-deflated-footballs

And Michael Hurley's piece really goes after the Colts for their false accusations:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/...-time-for-irsay-pagano-to-be-banned-from-nfl/

And I have to say, the NFL botched another investigation.

I'm still pissed about the whole Spygate thing, not only the loss of the 1st, but why destroy the tapes? At the time I was really puzzled, as it turned an innocuous procedural issue into a full-blown conspiracy. Nutjobs like Arlen Specter were furious about not seeing what was on the tapes, and could thus imagine the worst. They were nothing significant, other teams have seen similar info, as have 80,000 others in the stadium as BB noted. And it could have vindicated us to many once they saw how stupid the whole thing was.

If we had known Kraft was going to destroy them, maybe we should have leaked them ourselves. Seems that's the NFL's way of operating. And after the Ray Rice "investigation," it's clear the NFL has no clue what to do with tape anyways.

After this whole affair, I don't think there are any reputable links left in the media, just some days you're not the target and somebody else is. So you can see them circling the Colts now.

But FWIW, our old friend Ian Rapoport reported that many of the balls were a tick under and only the one from Jackson was significantly under.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-investigation-of-patriots-deflated-footballs

And Michael Hurley's piece really goes after the Colts for their false accusations:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/...-time-for-irsay-pagano-to-be-banned-from-nfl/

And I have to say, the NFL botched another investigation.

I'm still pissed about the whole Spygate thing, not only the loss of the 1st, but why destroy the tapes? At the time I was really puzzled, as it turned an innocuous procedural issue into a full-blown conspiracy. Nutjobs like Arlen Specter were furious about not seeing what was on the tapes, and could thus imagine the worst. They were nothing significant, other teams have seen similar info, as have 80,000 others in the stadium as BB noted. And it could have vindicated us to many once they saw how stupid the whole thing was.

If we had known Kraft was going to destroy them, maybe we should have leaked them ourselves. Seems that's the NFL's way of operating. And after the Ray Rice "investigation," it's clear the NFL has no clue what to do with tape anyways.
The NFL destroyed the tapes because they showed other teams doing the same thing.

Last edited:
If you watch the local news right now, it's all Hernandez, all the time. I don't think this is the time to be calling out any other teams' players' arrest records. :)

Deception!

• January 2015: Running back Trent Richardson suspended two games for conduct detrimental to the team.
just going to toss out regarding this one, apparently the conduct that was detrimental was his mom died, and he thought family was more important then the colts. Considering the colts were not going to use him anyways this should be less about what Richardson did(which most borderline healthy scratch players would do) and more about how the colts suspended a guy because his mom died.

Much blame goes to society, maybe.

Girls in Nigeria are being sold, but the physics formula that calculates the pressure changes and how it relates to temperature dominated the "news"...

Funny how Irsay was trafficking pills..gets off with nothing...any one of us get pulled over with the same stuff...we are in jail for a long time.

**** this justice system

Funny how Irsay was trafficking pills..gets off with nothing...any one of us get pulled over with the same stuff...we are in jail for a long time.

**** this justice system
Very true, it really is disgusting that a cretin like this gets off.

What's great in your sig gif is The Squirrel lighting up the Colts defender. Kid's a baller!

just going to toss out regarding this one, apparently the conduct that was detrimental was his mom died, and he thought family was more important then the colts. Considering the colts were not going to use him anyways this should be less about what Richardson did(which most borderline healthy scratch players would do) and more about how the colts suspended a guy because his mom died.

Apparently not dead

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/thankfully-trent-richardsons-mother-isnt-dead/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back