Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Andre Johnson and Cortland Finnegan going at it

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by weswelker#83, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Andre Johnson and Cortland Finnegan going at it in the Texans/Titans game.
    They had been getting chippy with each other the entire game and kept messing with each others helmets. Like a play earlier Johnson managed to knock off Finnegan's helmet and they nearly went to punches but got broken up. Then this play happened. Both players were ejected. The entire texans bench rushed the field.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

So nice that Goodell has cleaned up the league so well.:rolleyes:
    That was brutal.
  3. LuthierJr

LuthierJr Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Finnegan went straight to his facemask on the snap, and then snap is what Johnson did. Then he smacked him around pretty good.
  4. bigcountry75

bigcountry75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Finnegan deserved that ***** beatin....he is a dirty player that plays cheap with every receiver in the league and he messed with the wrong guy this time....AJ would whoop his ***** 100/100 times.....I loved seeing this and could watch it 100 times....
  5. sbpatfan

sbpatfan Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The only thing keeping football away from being the perfect sport is hockey-esque fights.
  6. CheeseMonkeys

CheeseMonkeys Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#11 Jersey

We can't really say exactly how this escalated or what was said but it looked like Finnegan was the one who started the fight. Johnson just proceeded to pound the crap out of him. damn... Actually, Johnson was being pretty rough aswell before the actual punches were thrown.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  7. Froob

Froob Rookie

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -3

#32 Jersey

Why was Finnegan ejected? Just for being a punk in general?
    EDITED:Eh I guess he was more involved when I watched it a few more times.
  8. ScrewDrvr

ScrewDrvr Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

doesnt matter who you like or dont like, Johnson deserves to be heavily fined and suspended. And I hope he gets just that.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

They both need a suspension.. when they review the whole game tape, there is probably more provocation...
  10. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +603 / 6 / -0

Looks like we can say a little more now...apparently BEFORE the play Finnegan invited his teammates to watch what was about to happen. Then he went straight under Johnson's facemask.

Assuming it's true that's not a garden-variety fight but a premeditated attack, which should mean a long suspension, IMO.

NFL.com news: Report: Titans' Finnegan told Texans to 'Watch this' before fight
  11. UofApatsfan

UofApatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why? Because he beat the crap out of a guy who went after his facemask? AJ has a reputation of being nothing other than a soft spoken nice guy, Finnegan is known around the NFL as a dirty cheap shot artist. This is an isolated incident with AJ, he should be fined but not suspended.
  12. PatsSox363804

PatsSox363804 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Rodney basically called the Titans organization out as a whole last night on the SNF pre game. Said they were a dirty team that takes cheapshots often and they have been for years, and hell he would know better than most.
  13. ScrewDrvr

ScrewDrvr Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

you really cant figure out why?

doesnt matter what kind of "cheap shots" that where happeneing. The guy went straight out fist fighting. I wish he would get suspended for the rest of the season. Trash like that has no place in the NFL.
  14. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Oh, my God, shut up.

Finnegan provokes, provokes, provokes...that's his entire repertoire. So when he pushes it too far, and in a premeditated manner, you call for the guy who retaliates...who has no history of anything but exemplary behavior, by the way...to be suspended for the year? For backpedaling until he got his helmet torn from his head?

The only trash here is Finnegan, and I hope Johnson gets another crack at him somewhere where the refs can't save him.

I'd say, "Find another sport," but you're not ready for the world in general.

PS I just watched it again, and Finnegan threw the first punch.
  15. patchick

Ratings:
    +603 / 6 / -0

It "doesn't matter" that the other player gleefully announced to his teammates that he was planning to start a fight then went -- literally -- straight for Johnson's jugular? :confused:
  16. ScrewDrvr

ScrewDrvr Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

rofl, because he has "no history" its ok for him to fist fight another player because he got hit in the facemask. That makes PERFECT "cents".

He deserves to be suspended and I hope he gets a long one.

Id say "use your brain be for you post", but you are not ready for any level intelligence in general.
  17. ScrewDrvr

ScrewDrvr Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It "doesnt matter" what cheap shot he took. If it was such a bad shot he would of gotten called on it. Instead, the moron Johnson couldn't act like a professional and started to act like an animal.
  18. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Irony aside...look it up, I'll wait...Finnegan threw the first punch, immediately after his helmet came off.

So, to recap, he told the Texans he was going to start something, started something, threw the first punch, and you want Johnson suspended.

Makes PERFECT "cents" to me.
  19. patchick

Ratings:
    +603 / 6 / -0

OK, if you think that a guy who totally loses his cool after a serious of cheap shots is worse than a guy who announces a plan to deliberately attack another player and provoke him into a brawl then carries out that plan, we just have different moral systems. No problem, let's move on.
  20. ScrewDrvr

ScrewDrvr Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I guess you are legally blind then, because thats the only way you can ever come to the conclusion that Finnegan through ANY punches.

It simply didn't happen, and its clear as day. So stop trying to make things up.

But I do find it hilarious that Johnsons 3 haymakers are simply ignored and instead a phantom punch from Finnegan is your argument. Its pretty pathetic actually.

not to mention the play right be for when they are pushing and shoving after the play, Finnegan stopped and turned around and Johnson was still pushing at him trying to fight.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.