PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Analyzing the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
\i have no idea why they are in "win-now" mode. i simply dont. you have the bills and the dolphins, who both realize the AFC EAST is the patriots division for the next 3-4 years at least, and who are focused on rebuilding the team through the draft. ].

This is not the way I see it. Multiple wild card teams have won the superbowl (Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New York) and others not seeded 1 or 2 (Indy) - thats half the winner since the 2002 season. What this means is that unlike the Hawks, who would have had to pull of 4 upset wins over the Celtics in 7 games to advance which is very very very unlikely, the Jets need one good bounce on a fumble or one bad call on a PI to wind up playing in mid January. Also, injuries to balance out a division faster than you might expect.

Now don't get me wrong, I highly doubt the Jets can do anything worthy in the postseason; however, their management understands that if you stay above water for 12 weeks and catch lighting in a bottle in December and few breaks, you are one blind side blitz away from Jim Sorgi or Matt Cassel.

The Jets have improved, but until they settle the QB postion, which should be Clemmens to lose, they will be a 7-9 8-8 team.. Which is what I think they will be ...

Buffalo is the second best team in the division I see a 10-6 possible for the Bills

The Fish- Somebody tell the media that Bill Parcells is not the coach or GM... He is just building the franchise, which he has lost his touch, but the fish are better than last yr, 6-10 , hey anything is better the Camer Man...

Now don't get me wrong, I highly doubt the Jets can do anything worthy in the postseason; however, their management understands that if you stay above water for 12 weeks and catch lighting in a bottle in December and few breaks, you are one blind side blitz away from Jim Sorgi or Matt Cassel.

thats where Gholston will be flying at brady

no love for your 3rd round reach of a pick, Kevin O'Connell

IMO the year TJones was supposed to impersonate C. Dillon and carry the Jets into the playoffs was 2007. He is already 30, and although he didn't carry the ball much early in his career, he has shouldered a heavy burden for about 5 seasons. He is not a dynamic player, more a grind it out in the box rb. L. Washignton is actually their best rb option, and if given more carries could develop into Warrick Dunn type lead back. But that won't happen in 2008. So the ground game should be decent, but not dominant, especially because no Qb on the Jet roster can stretch the field. umm.. Clemens can stretch the field, he just had no time last year for the recievers to get deep

IMO they will go with Pennington for as long as he can stay upright. They got full of themselves and thought they could find the next Brady in Clemens, but eventually realized Clemens can't even carry Pennington's jock. They were looking for more than Pennington, and discovered there's alot worse. I actually think the best Qb on their roster is E. Ainge, though I'm sure I'm in a tiny monority. Lets see what Clemens does behind a supporting cast this year

The best comparison to Coles and Cotchery is Branch/Givens. They are solid, dependable winning players in the right situation. Baker is an underrated and underused TE in their scheme, and it looks like they have burned their bridges with the Keller pick. That is good news for Pat fans, because while Keller is a dynamic athlete, the QBs on the Jets don't have the height to deliver the ball adequately to a 6'2'' TE up the seam. What they needed was a player like Carlson, 6'5'', who although slow, provides their popgun, short Qbs with a big target.... cmon you know what happens when we draft big slow white TEs.... (i.e. Becht, Brady)... Keller will be the X factor this year, he is our very own 'Dallas Clark type' but way more athletic

Jenkins is probably good for one decent year, a la Ted Washington. K. Coleman and the other DEs are nothing special, but could impersonate Bobby Hamilton, which is what Mangini is looking for. The LBing corps is strong, with Harris, Pace and Gholston. Apparently they will play Pace over the TE, and Gholston on the blind side. why would Jenkins only be good for 1 year?, Pace might play ILB with Harris... based on the fact, Thomas better shape up and his cap # is way to high to sit on the bench for the next couple years

The secondary has some above average players in Revis, an emerging star, and Rhodes, who is good but does not seem to be the dynamic blitzer he was in 2006. why would Rhodes not still be a dynamic blitzer, cause he had too much other **** going on like stopping the 300yrds a game rushing attack on us.. thats why he had like 1 sack.. teams hardly passed the ball

thats where Gholston will be flying at brady

no love for your 3rd round reach of a pick, Kevin O'Connell

You're assuming Gholston won't be in "contain" mode for 80% of the time.

And I also think a team has to score at least 14 points in order to win a football game. I don't think your joke of an offense has the ability to do that.

You're assuming Gholston won't be in "contain" mode for 80% of the time.

And I also think a team has to score at least 14 points in order to win a football game. I don't think your joke of an offense has the ability to do that.

well if gholston was playing contain mode 80% of the time at ohio state and still landed 14 sacks ... toms going to be in trouble when hes playing 100% of the time :D

with a revamped o-line, dustin keller & marcus henry, we will be alot more productive on the offensive side of the ball... we all cant have video tapes of the opposing defense before the game,:singing:

Last edited:
well if gholston was playing contain mode 80% of the time at ohio state and still landed 14 sacks ... toms going to be in trouble when hes playing 100% of the time :D

with a revamped o-line, dustin keller & marcus henry, we will be alot more productive on the offensive side of the ball... we all cant have video tapes of the defense before the game :singing:

Do you honestly believe that? I mean, you people say the same stuff every year, aren't you tired of being let down?

Do you honestly believe that? I mean, you people say the same stuff every year, aren't you tired of being let down?

im not saying we are winning superbowls this year or next what i am saying is, we did some things to improve our team, taking that step into being a top team in the NFL, last year was an absolute disaster, now with an O-Line, Keller, Henry, Stuckey, Coles, Cotch, and whatever Brad smith does... our passing game took a step forward.. especially with faneca and woody to runblock and create a well balanced offense for Clemens

im not saying we are winning superbowls this year or next what i am saying is, we did some things to improve our team, taking that step into being a top team in the NFL, last year was an absolute disaster, now with an O-Line, Keller, Henry, Stuckey, Coles, Cotch, and whatever Brad smith does... our passing game took a step forward.. especially with faneca and woody to runblock and create a well balanced offense for Clemens

You do realize that if Woody and Faneca had been playing well enough to warrant their salaries, they'd still be with their old teams, right?

You do realize that if Woody and Faneca had been playing well enough to warrant their salaries, they'd still be with their old teams, right?

first off.. faneca wasn't happy in pittsburgh, he said that many of times

and with woody, are you really going to take any moves the Lions make seriously

first off.. faneca wasn't happy in pittsburgh, he said that many of times

and with woody, are you really going to take any moves the Lions make seriously

1.) Faneca wasn't happy with his contract. If Pittsburgh thought he was playing well enough to warrant the kind of numbers the Jets paid him, he'd have been taken care of.

2.) As for Woody, of course I'll take the Lions' move seriously. They are an NFL team. Do you think Woody was playing great at the tackle position?

I like how all of them think we're nervous about the Jets. Every year comes and goes and every year the Jets fans say the same thing "we're coming up! This is our year! Watch out for the Jets!". Every year they either fall flat on their face or suffer an embarassing blowout in the first round of the playoffs at our hands. If anything, I'm worried about Buffalo, not New York.

Not for nothing, but I think you Pat fans have been fair in your evaluationsin this thread.

I could split some hairs here and there, and where some of you see gloom I see sunny skies, but still all in all well done.:)

I hate JETS, their fans and NY media as much as anyone on this board if not more. The JETS fans, NY media and their obsession and lies, propaganda about BB and video incident makes my skin crawl whenever I see a JETS jersey.

Keeping my hatred for them aside, I think JETS improved their team especially on the defensive side a lot in the draft and FA. I hope all the money they spent on Pace, Woody, Jenkins goes down the drain and they suck pretty bad. But if their moves work along with draft, they will have a very good defense. I hope ManGINA fails miserably in motivating Jenkins and Ghoulston. I hope Woody sucks and I hope they go 7-9 and suck forever. But let us not underestimate them.

Obsession and lies? Your team lost a first round draft pick because Goodell saw the videotape of Pats pansies recording our signals. Just because sports media is keeping the story alive, in part because of the fishy business about destroying all evidence, doesn't mean you have to take it out on Gang Green. Consider yourself lucky that the head coach didn't get made an example of, he should have gotten suspended for the season.

But thats in the past (at least until the 13th), and we're talking about this coming season. Our defense got a lot better after the bye last year, and that was WITH Dewayne Robertson at tackle. Jenkins alone should make the pass rush more effective, but then we went out and got Pace and Ghoulston. Revis and Harris in their second season and the possibility of Just Miller or Lowry showing up as an effective #2 corner will really make for a formidable defense.

Face it 18-1'ers, your boys are going to be morally dejected this season and come up with a loss by week 2, latest. You're toast!

Obsession and lies? Your team lost a first round draft pick because Goodell saw the videotape of Pats pansies recording our signals. Just because sports media is keeping the story alive, in part because of the fishy business about destroying all evidence, doesn't mean you have to take it out on Gang Green. Consider yourself lucky that the head coach didn't get made an example of, he should have gotten suspended for the season.

But thats in the past (at least until the 13th), and we're talking about this coming season. Our defense got a lot better after the bye last year, and that was WITH Dewayne Robertson at tackle. Jenkins alone should make the pass rush more effective, but then we went out and got Pace and Ghoulston. Revis and Harris in their second season and the possibility of Just Miller or Lowry showing up as an effective #2 corner will really make for a formidable defense.

Face it 18-1'ers, your boys are going to be morally dejected this season and come up with a loss by week 2, latest. You're toast!

It's Gholston. GHOLSTON***

I'm not going to get into the taping with you because you're going to believe whatever you choose to believe because you need some justification as to why your team has been a pack of losers who spend their load one year and return to their pitiful state the next, only to watch the process happen again and again. Rinse and repeat.

Now, Pace has been an underachiever who made a big jump in a contract year with a change of position. He's not a sure bet to be a beast off the edge and no one will be afraid of five sacks from him next season. Gholston has question marks about technique, effort, pass coverage, and his repertoire of pass rush moves. Hardly a lock to light the world on fire on the other side. And Jenkins in the middle is a huge shift in technique from a traditional 4-3 DT to NT in the Parcells/Belichick 3-4 and will probably face the most time he's ever seen playing man up over the center. So it remains to be seen whether or not he can handle run defense at that position as well as facing a new method of rushing the passer. The Jets have spent a lot of money on some big time question marks this season, hardly enough to justify me hearing another Jets homer coming here claiming the Pats' run is over.

Face it, 4-12'ers, you're most likely to remain toast.

I'm not going to get into the taping with you because you're going to believe whatever you choose to believe because you need some justification as to why your team has been a pack of losers who spend their load one year and return to their pitiful state the next, only to watch the process happen again and again. Rinse and repeat.

Now, Pace has been an underachiever who made a big jump in a contract year with a change of position. He's not a sure bet to be a beast off the edge and no one will be afraid of five sacks from him next season. Gholston has question marks about technique, effort, pass coverage, and his repertoire of pass rush moves. Hardly a lock to light the world on fire on the other side. And Jenkins in the middle is a huge shift in technique from a traditional 4-3 DT to NT in the Parcells/Belichick 3-4 and will probably face the most time he's ever seen playing man up over the center. So it remains to be seen whether or not he can handle run defense at that position as well as facing a new method of rushing the passer. The Jets have spent a lot of money on some big time question marks this season, hardly enough to justify me hearing another Jets homer coming here claiming the Pats' run is over.

Face it, 4-12'ers, you're most likely to remain toast.

Oh, I didn't bring up the taping as justification for my team having a losing record last season, but, because the poster whom I was quoting referred to propoganda/obsession and lies about the taping. I would never say that had your team not videotaped signals...the JETS would have had a better season. I wouldn't even go as far as to say the outcome of THAT GAME would have been different. The justification lies in the NFL Commissioner stating that your team had cheated and fines and a number one draft pick would be collected.

So, you're basically stating that Pace Gholston and Jenkins are question marks. Fine, they are. But the upside is enormous when comparing those players to victor hobson (are you guys happy to have hiM?) d-rob and...bowens? It's too early to make any big predictions about the seaons, but anything can happen and the Pats have surely not locked up the 2008 AFCeast simply based on last years success (in the regular season -- because you guys didn't win the superbowl, you made it there......but you didn't win)

say it with me guys
J

E

T

S

JETS JETS JETS!

Oh, I didn't bring up the taping as justification for my team having a losing record last season, but, because the poster whom I was quoting referred to propoganda/obsession and lies about the taping. I would never say that had your team not videotaped signals...the JETS would have had a better season. I wouldn't even go as far as to say the outcome of THAT GAME would have been different. The justification lies in the NFL Commissioner stating that your team had cheated and fines and a number one draft pick would be collected.

So, you're basically stating that Pace Gholston and Jenkins are question marks. Fine, they are. But the upside is enormous when comparing those players to victor hobson (are you guys happy to have hiM?) d-rob and...bowens? It's too early to make any big predictions about the seaons, but anything can happen and the Pats have surely not locked up the 2008 AFCeast simply based on last years success (in the regular season -- because you guys didn't win the superbowl, you made it there......but you didn't win)

say it with me guys
J

E

T

S

JETS JETS JETS!

:blahblah:

Your potshots about losing the Super Bowl are hilarious... only in that they come from a Jets fan whose team went 4-12 and whose ownership would **** themselves if they could only win a playoff game.

The J! E! T! S! will L! O! S! E! more games than they W! I! N! this year.

... i have no idea why they are in "win-now" mode. ...

It should be obvious why they are in win now mode. It is year 3 for Mangini. He must show great improvement or he gets fired, and without a safety net.

Although BB might hire him as a special assistant. ("Hey, Eric, someone crapped on the seat in the men's room again, after you clean it up, check the ladies room in case we have a female crapping on the seat too.")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe