PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: A Football Life: Ray Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

12ClutchFactor

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just watching this on NFL Network. I don't care what you say, this guy is just special, a modern day warrior. Its amazing how he can rally a group of men and lead them anywhere.

Best linebacker to have ever played the game,even better than LT

And yes,if there was ONE player I would have wanted on my team if I was to have started one in the past decade,Ray Lewis is right in my top 3 picks.....easily.

If Ray Lewis ran for president,I really think he would have a lot of voters,he is that kind of guy who stands strong for what he does.

Last edited:

And yes,if there was ONE player I would have wanted on my team if I was to have started one in the past decade,Ray Lewis is right in my top 3 picks.....easily.

If Ray Lewis ran for president,I really think he would have a lot of voters,he is that kind of guy who stands strong for what he does.
If it matters for anything I would take LT 100 times out of 100 ahead of Ray Lewis. As much as I am a fan of Lewis and his career, his twilight years have become the prototypical survive on the back of past performance plaudits.

Last edited:
dunno, murder's kind of a deal-breaker for me

I thought it was a really good show. one thing was clear his football skills are rivaled only by his ability to say something with the most words possible.

Just watching this on NFL Network. I don't care what you say, this guy is just special, a modern day warrior. Its amazing how he can rally a group of men and lead them anywhere.

Wouldnt you have to reserve those comments for someone who led them where they wanted to go? Like Championships?
I love how people judge leadership by how it sounds rather than the results.

If it matters for anything I would take LT 100 times out of 100 ahead of Ray Lewis. As much as I am a fan of Lewis and his career, his twilight years have become the prototypical survive on the back of past performance plaudits.

Not to denigrate how well he did the job he was assigned, but Lewis played most of his career in a system that prioritized making sure no one blocked him.

There is no way on Earth that Ray Lewis was better than LT. It isn't even discussable.

President? Dude, put down the pipe.

Not to denigrate how well he did the job he was assigned, but Lewis played most of his career in a system that prioritized making sure no one blocked him.
I have no issue with Ray Lewis or the system Andy. To enjoy a career as Lewis has, you still need the drive and talent to make it succeed. My contention with Lewis as his career comes to a close are the amount of statistics thrown his way where he clearly arrives late to the play then throws himself onto a pile, picking up whatever the statisticians choose to award.

Last edited:

Holy sh$%...

I would consider voting for Ray Ray to find a solution to our economic woes and national debt...just don't ask me to get into a limo with the guy.

If you mean lead them to murder, then you're right.

What really pisses me off about Ray-Ray is that he was never suspended for the season
by Tagliabue, which he should have been. And without Ray-Ray for the 2000 season,
then the Bal'more Inmates never win their 1 & only SB.

Wouldnt you have to reserve those comments for someone who led them where they wanted to go? Like Championships?
I love how people judge leadership by how it sounds rather than the results.

He was the best player on one of the best defenses ever AND they won a championship. What's your beef?

I am not sure where I fall on the argument between LT and Ray Ray. On one hand, no one cleaned up the middle of the field better or a crime scene better than Ray ray, while LT was a predator in the backfield and around highschools.

Its a tough one to argue, but I agree with others in the thread that politics should be in both of their futures.

Arguably the best leader to ever grace the NFL...but better than LT? Not a chance.

He has definitely been a special talent and a great leader on and off the field.

The 'murderer' jibes just make me think of intellectually lazy Steeler fans.

Not sure why anyone would try and compare him to LT - they play very different positions and bring very diferent attributes to the table.

If I had to pick a MLB for my All-Time NFL team, Ray Lewis would be on it.

As time passes like Ray Lewis more, his intensity is unparalled. The Ravens have built a defense that plays to his strengths..

My enthusiasm is however tempered, by his previous commentary, "once a thug, always a thug."

Last edited:
Ray Lewis is very good but to try to put him above or even in the same sentence with LT is NFL sacrilege.

Saw it yesterday, the man\player is awesome. im just happy that i had the chance to see a great player like him, without comparing to LT.

He has definitely been a special talent and a great leader on and off the field.

The 'murderer' jibes just make me think of intellectually lazy Steeler fans.

Not sure why anyone would try and compare him to LT - they play very different positions and bring very diferent attributes to the table.

If I had to pick a MLB for my All-Time NFL team, Ray Lewis would be on it.
Mike Singletary went alright. It would be an interesting discussion. There's been some very good middle/inside linebackers in the NFL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes