PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - 5 Undefeated teams: Not For Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I suspect if things continue like i picture this week will end again with 5 teams still undefeated. At 6 games I am not sure if that is a first ever but i would sure bet it is.

Yes the Panthers are still playing but even with Cam sucking (2 ints) they still are leading 21-6. Seeing how bad they are playing and still winning by i don't picture the Eagles coming back against a pretty good Carolina D.

So If things hold Patriots, Packers, Broncos, Bengals, Panthers all will be undefeated. When will it end? These next 2 coming week.

This is a week where every single one of these teams will be in danger of a loss.

Dolphins @ Pats - Dolphins are only 3-3 but right now are the hottest team in the NFL and surging. I could see the Pats losing this one as hot as the Dolphins are.

Colts @ Panthers - Indy is desperate and needs this win. Though this is a game the Panthers should take we saw last week that Indy has talent and is capable of having a good game. Even if they win they get GB next week so will certainly be challenged there

Bengals @ Steelers - Ben is on the verge of coming back. If he is back for this game the Bengals will have to deal with the Steelers renewed offense vs what the past few weeks has been a solid D and easily their toughest test all season.

Packers @ Broncos - sure loss for 1 undefeated team.

I expect as the next 2 weeks unfolded we will quickly see this number decrease to 2 and maybe only 1 undefeated team left. It is silly is has gone on this long to be honest.

Picks!

If Ben plays the Bengals lose.
GB Beats Denver
GB Beats Carolina the week after.

Only 2 undefeated teams left after the next 2 weeks are GB and the Pats.

I have a hard time seeing GB beating both Denver and Carolina. Keep in mind that GB has struggled more in recent weeks, and both games are on the road, in which they struggle much more than when they are at home.

I think they beat Denver then fall to Carolina.

I'm not a big 16-0/19-0 guy but I can't lie, I'm getting sucked in. Two more winnable games at home before the schedule gets tougher. If we beat the Giants and go to 9-0 heading into that Denver game on Sunday night I will be emotionally invested.

Green Bay is slightly overrated this season, and not the greatest on the road. If Denver wins I wouldn't at all be surprised, and it wouldn't make me think any higher of Denver, who sucks.

Green Bay is slightly overrated this season, and not the greatest on the road. If Denver wins I wouldn't at all be surprised, and it wouldn't make me think any higher of Denver, who sucks.

I don't think Denver sucks. Overrated maybe. I think Manning sucks. And I agree with your thoughts on Green Bay.

Denvers schedule gets much tougher in the 2nd half of the season.

Dude the dolphins are playing well right now and are a legit threat. All I am saying.

I did not pick the Patriots to lose just saying it would not be totally shocking cause i think the dolphins are well right now.
AFC South...

You said a bit more than that.

Something like "they may have put out the dumpster fire and divisional games are usually tough" would've been fair.

Dude the dolphins are playing well right now and are a legit threat. All I am saying.

I did not pick the Patriots to lose just saying it would not be totally shocking cause i think the dolphins are well right now.

Dude you're killin' me, they beat Tennessee and Houston.

Were you talking about what a "hot team" the Colts were after winning 3 straight against the loose meat of their division?

Oh, and they have an in-season brand new coach who has never taken a team on the road after a 4 day turnaround. There's a good chance they won't have the right uniforms on.

1126.gif

Last edited:
@giants, @Broncos, @Jets, @Dolphins

The 4 toughest games remaining.

Does it feel to anyone else like this has been the longest season ever?

I mean, we are 6 games in and I feel like this is game #12.

That's because our 2015 season started right after last season's AFC Championship game.

This is typical DigitalBob nonsesne. The other day it was that the Pats would absolutely be a better team with Revis this year. Of course I tried to explain to him that you cant do better than 5-0 (last years team was 4-2 at this point) and they have a better D this year than the did last year WITH Revis.

Whatever... Some people just dont get it.

Colts @ Panthers - Indy is desperate and needs this win. Though this is a game the Panthers should take we saw last week that Indy has talent and is capable of having a good game.

Sadly, Indy isn't desperate. They have a losing record and have played like crap, but they're still alone at the top of their division.

So far the Colts have lost every game except AFCS contests. Continuing that trend would leave them at 8-8, which is sure to be enough to send them to the playoffs.

Sadly, Indy isn't desperate. They have a losing record and have played like crap, but they're still alone at the top of their division.

So far the Colts have lost every game except AFCS contests. Continuing that trend would leave them at 8-8, which is sure to be enough to send them to the playoffs.
the colts aren't desperate because they have zero drive, they were happy about playing the pats and saints close. But yeah if they go 8-8 they will win that division by 3 games

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

the colts aren't desperate because they have zero drive, they were happy about playing the pats and saints close.

Maybe they could hang some nice "Beat the Spread" banners?

I suspect if things continue like i picture this week will end again with 5 teams still undefeated. At 6 games I am not sure if that is a first ever but i would sure bet it is.

Yes the Panthers are still playing but even with Cam sucking (2 ints) they still are leading 21-6. Seeing how bad they are playing and still winning by i don't picture the Eagles coming back against a pretty good Carolina D.

So If things hold Patriots, Packers, Broncos, Bengals, Panthers all will be undefeated. When will it end? These next 2 coming week.

This is a week where every single one of these teams will be in danger of a loss.

Dolphins @ Pats - Dolphins are only 3-3 but right now are the hottest team in the NFL and surging. I could see the Pats losing this one as hot as the Dolphins are.

Colts @ Panthers - Indy is desperate and needs this win. Though this is a game the Panthers should take we saw last week that Indy has talent and is capable of having a good game. Even if they win they get GB next week so will certainly be challenged there

Bengals @ Steelers - Ben is on the verge of coming back. If he is back for this game the Bengals will have to deal with the Steelers renewed offense vs what the past few weeks has been a solid D and easily their toughest test all season.

Packers @ Broncos - sure loss for 1 undefeated team.

I expect as the next 2 weeks unfolded we will quickly see this number decrease to 2 and maybe only 1 undefeated team left. It is silly is has gone on this long to be honest.

Picks!

If Ben plays the Bengals lose.
GB Beats Denver
GB Beats Carolina the week after.

Only 2 undefeated teams left after the next 2 weeks are GB and the Pats.

Dolphins (with their brand new coach) have all of three days to prepare to face the Patriots in Foxboro. I think we'll be fine.

Indy may have a sub.500 record in the end and still win that crummy division easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore