Welcome to PatsFans.com

Opposition Injuries

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Patjew, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +108 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Is it just me, or does it seem like whoever the Pats play suffer from a higher-thaqn-average amount of injuries during the game? I guess I'm looking at it subjectively, but it sure seems so to me. And it definitely seems like the opposition have more injuries than the Pats do. I'm just wondering if that's indicative of the Pats playing an especially physical style of ball.
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I don't know whats the cause of all the injuries. I won't even venture a quess. I'm just glad its them instead of us like it has been for about the last 3-4 years.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  3. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Dick Jauron's teams, FWIW, have almost always been injury-riddled(that '01 Bears team was healthy, but they started dropping like flies in their playoff game that year). His conditioning coach obviously SUX, FWIW.
  4. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Not sure...it does seem that way..teams do seem to get beat up sort of...yesterday both teams had a handful of injuries..
  5. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +132 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

any team that plays to the whistle and swarms to the ball is going to cause more injuries. The Steelers have been doing it for years, you think the play is over and someone rolls up on your legs in the pile (like what happened to AD).The Pats are a tough physical team. Nothing sinister about it. What really gets you is when you have to play teams like this in a row. The Colts have Jacksonville, Carolina, and then the Pats coming off thier bye this week. That is three very physical teams in a row, that is alot of diving for the turf from the Colts