PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opening game next yr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Well one thing is for sure our season will open up on a sunday.. If the unforseen happens and Pittsburgh wins the super bowl.. My guess they will play Denver or Cincy on the thursday nite, which I could not bear to watch, the banner be raised at ketchup stadium or pickle palace ,whatever its called.

So When Seattle wins the super bowl , odds are they will host the Giants..Better rating for the game with NBC doing it next yr, if they should lose for some reason, they still will play on Monday nite..

What does it mean for us Pats fans... Indy or Denver at Foxboro Sunday Sept 10th nite game... book it...

I'll take a Sunday Night over a Thursday or a Monday any day.

Thursday Night is crap.

Murphys95 said:

Thursday Night is crap.

Thursday on the first week isn't bad. More time to prepare for the 2nd week and more rest. Even though rest usually isn't really needed at that point in the season.

Murphys95 said:

Thursday Night is crap.
I'll take a Sunday afternoon over all of them. Night games suck.

I'd said earlier that I think it will be Denver Sun night but I wouldn't count out NYJ or Chicago Sun @ 4 or Monday night.

"Pickle palace." LMAO!!!

I love night games, that way I have my pick of non Patriot games at the 1 and 4 Sunday times.

Thursday is good for the team, you get more rest/prep than your opponent although that early in the season routine may be better.

Monday blows for the team for the opposite reason. I bet it'll be Denver @ NE to open MNF on ESPN. Or Indy @ NE, yeah.

Rgarding the question - I don't care.

Last edited:
The NFL kickoff game on Thursday night will be covered by ESPN.

My best guess is that we open the season on NBC Sunday night football either at home v. Indy or on the road v. Green Bay. Or Possibly ESPN's MNF v. Denver. I expect that we will have the home game v. Houston that will appear on the Sunday Night schedule.

NBC gets it, because its part of the new deal...

NEM said:
I want 16 games, all at 1PM Eastern.
You are inadvertently hoping for the Patriots to go back to sucking, then, because that's the only way it'll happen.

I agree Sundays at 1 are the best time for football, but like a 4:00 pm and 2 mnf games now and then...We should have 2 monday and 1 sunday game next yr...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back