PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Open mouth, Insert foot. . . Reggie Wayne edition-104

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't really slip it in. It's a good read, and IMO, is very relevant to realizing one's highest self and recognizing it in others.
@bbobbo @MitchKumstein @Wheelman

Calling the book a good read and relevant didn't do the topic justice. The reason I put it last wasn't to slip it in, but for me, Tantra was sort of the last piece of the puzzle that put everything together, and brought me from "learning it" to living it.

Tantra isn't just about "great sex", it's about recognizing and honoring the divine in all, including one's self. It is the absolute embracing and acceptance of everything. It is expanding consciousness and becoming aware of the energies and forces that flow through us. It is about balancing the opposing forces that make up everything, like masculine/feminine, life/death etc... It is striving for complete and total presence in every moment, a reverence for every breath.

Before Tantra I looked at the ego as a beast to be slain. I perceived "flaws" as terrible stains that needed to be eradicated. I was extremely judgemental not only about others, but of myself. Deep down, I believed that if I became a good enough person, accomplished enough and helped enough people, I would become worthy of the love and respect of others. Certainly not healthy perspectives.

Tantra has taught me that we are all worthy of love and respect. It showed me that the ego was an ally to be brought into balance. I learned that perceived "flaws" were necessary for me to become who I am today, that they don't serve me anymore and how to resolve and let them go. It has dramatically reduced my tendency to judge and really opened me up to accepting and loving all those around me. Perhaps most importantly, it taught me that no matter how much one understands, if we're not living the way we know we should, it doesn't make a lick of difference.

Sexual energy is an extremely powerful force, and can be incredibly healing. Unfortunately, our society views sex as both a taboo and an obsession. These conflicting ideas in the collective consciousness manifest within us all, and can result in all sorts of blocks and trauma to in the individuals, as well as some damaging attitudes and traditions about sex in society (i.e FGM). I won't get too explicit, but we do store traumas in various parts of the body, and there are tantric techniques designed to release said traumas and dramatically increase our potential for ecstasy and bliss.

The healing power of tantra was the catalyst for profound positive transformation within me, and many others. This transformation has made me (at times) a catalyst for positive change in the world around me. My relationships have flourished, not just the close ones, but with everyone around me. I am able to love and appreciate in ways I never imagined. I've shared more smiles in the last few months than I had in the previous decade. I recommend that every adult should learn about and practice tantra. I've never seen another tool that can lead to such dramatic positive transformation in such a short time. Hopefully someday, our society can embrace sex openly and realize it's potential for healing and growth.

Last edited:
@bbobbo @MitchKumstein @Wheelman

Calling the book a good read and relevant didn't do the topic justice. The reason I put it last wasn't to slip it in, but for me, Tantra was sort of the last piece of the puzzle that put everything together, and brought me from "learning it" to living it.

Tantra isn't just about "great sex", it's about recognizing and honoring the divine in all, including one's self. It is the absolute embracing and acceptance of everything. It is expanding consciousness and becoming aware of the energies and forces that flow through us. It is about balancing the opposing forces that make up everything, like masculine/feminine, life/death etc... It is striving for complete and total presence in every moment, a reverence for every breath.

Before Tantra I looked at the ego as a beast to slain. I perceived "flaws" as terrible stains that needed to be eradicated. I was extremely judgemental not only about others, but of myself. Deep down, I believed that if I became a good enough person, accomplished enough and helped enough people, I would become worthy of the love and respect of others. Certainly not healthy perspectives.

Tantra has taught me that we are all worthy of love and respect. It showed me that the ego was an ally to be brought into balance. I learned that perceived "flaws" were necessary for me to become who I am today, that they don't serve me anymore and how to resolve and let them go. It has dramatically reduced my tendency to judge and really opened me up to accepting and loving all those around me. Perhaps most importantly, it taught me that no matter how much one understands, if we're not living the way we know we should, it doesn't make a lick of difference.

Sexual energy is an extremely powerful force, and can be incredibly healing. Unfortunately, our society views sex as both a taboo and an obsession. These conflicting ideas in the collective consciousness manifest within us all, and can result in all sorts of blocks and trauma to in the individuals, as well as some damaging attitudes and traditions about sex in society (i.e FGM). I won't get too explicit, but we do store traumas in various parts of the body, and there are tantric techniques designed to release said traumas and dramatically increase our potential for ecstasy and bliss.

The healing power of tantra was the catalyst for profound positive transformation within me, and many others. This transformation has made me (at times) a catalyst for positive change in the world around me. My relationships have flourished, not just the close ones, but with everyone around me. I am able to love and appreciate in ways I never imagined. I've shared more smiles in the last month than I had in the previous decade. I recommend that every adult should learn about and practice tantra. I've never seen another tool that can lead to such dramatic positive transformation in such a short time. Hopefully someday, our society can embrace sex openly and realize it's potential for healing and growth.

i was just giving you some good-natured ribbing, but i appreciate your thoughtful response.

lB55uTj.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand