PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One way out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

part-timer

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
With the rest of the nation coming to their senses regarding the deflategate penalties, the NFL remains dug in refusing to admit defeat. There is a way out....simply suspend all delategate penalties until further investigation of the science can be reevaluated. No admission of anything from either side, and the resolution of dropping the investigation can happen behind the scene any time they feel comfortable with burying the story...

59544831.jpg

The NFL is simply not going to admit it was wrong on Kraft or New England's behalf.

With the rest of the nation coming to their senses regarding the deflategate penalties, the NFL remains dug in refusing to admit defeat. There is a way out....simply suspend all delategate penalties until further investigation of the science can be reevaluated. No admission of anything from either side, and the resolution of dropping the investigation can happen behind the scene any time they feel comfortable with burying the story...

Goody said himself that the science research done and presented in the Wells Report has been completed and for them that is the single source of truth- regardless of how flawed it was. The NFL will also say that there were other circumstances such as texts, McNally going to the can, etc that justify the NFL's conclusion that it was more probable than not that there was a conspiracy to deflate footballs.

So there is no way out. It is over.

Why should they do anything when the only person whose opinion would hold any weight with them has already given in and accepted all penalties?

59544831.jpg

The NFL is simply not going to admit it was wrong on Kraft or New England's behalf.

Goody said himself that the science research done and presented in the Wells Report has been completed and for them that is the single source of truth- regardless of how flawed it was. The NFL will also say that there were other circumstances such as texts, McNally going to the can, etc that justify the NFL's conclusion that it was more probable than not that there was a conspiracy to deflate footballs.

So there is no way out. It is over.

Bingo and bingo. It sucks. It's not right. It's unfair. It's laughable. It's ridiculous. It's utterly, incomprehensibly stupid. It's immoral.

But it's over. Full stop.

nobody cares about the footballs. if the league actually cared, then they would never allow cam to hand them out to fans after he scores..
the whole thing was a scam and kraft basically quit instantly.

Ain't but one way out baby, Lord I just can't go out the door..... Cuz there's a scum down there, might be Goodell, I don't know.....

We cannot prove that Brady could not possibly have had some little bit of knowledge that a ball boy might have wanted to take some air out of a football, though he didn't, for some reason.

Thus he's a witch and floats like a duck.

So sayeth the NFL.

For the OP, the NFL had an opportunity to do just what you are suggesting, last year. They could have suspended the penalties, hired a third party firm to record and analyze the PSI during every game during the 2015 season and then reported the findings. The NFL opted not to do this, instead going with a series of random "spot checks."

I still don't understand why Kraft couldn't change his mind and fight for the picks.

There isn't some official, limited time-frame which he had to decide... is there?

I still don't understand why Kraft couldn't change his mind and fight for the picks.

There isn't some official, limited time-frame which he had to decide... is there?
Yes. There was a time frame for a team appeal, which has long since passed. But even before that, Kraft officially waived the team's right to an appeal.

He could still fight, but not via the normal channels. He'd have to go straight to the courts.

When I read this post, I expected to see a datestamp of August, 2015, because more than one person suggested the exact same thing back then.

The arseholes didn't do it then so they won't do it now.

If by "fight for his picks" you mean filing a lawsuit, then I am sure he could if he wanted to.
The league had a small window with which to appeal, I believe that was something like 2 weeks.

However, the laws of the government of the United States are a whole 'nother matter entirely. I am sure there is some Statute of Limitations, but it is probably a time period of roughly 5 years or so.

Most of the nation seems like they are admitting it was b.s. but they also love seeing the pats get screwed

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back