Welcome to PatsFans.com

On the DLine w/o Seymour

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Bostonian1962, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Bostonian1962

Bostonian1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I have a good feeling about the Pats' DLine, Richard Seymour, or no Richard Seymour. Warren and Wilfolk are still two of the best. Green is a talent. Heck, even L. Smith has shown me something this preseason.

Let's face it, this is Richard Seymour's 7th year in the league, and of those seven only once (2002) did he start all 16 games. It's not like this is the first time the team has had to play without him. It says here that the DLine is going to be solid.

Let's get this party started.
  2. kurtinelson

kurtinelson Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -2

#37 Jersey

I'm much more concerned about the absence of Rodney.
  3. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +39 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

I feel better that Wright practiced a little this week. The depth is quite thin if both Seymour and Wright can't play.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  4. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I too like the D Line even without Seymour. But they are utterly devastating when he is around. The addition of AD is going to help shore up the little that we do lose while Seymour is out 6 weeks (at least).
  5. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +580 / 1 / -3

#75 Jersey

That's an excellent point. AD has played DE and is really a younger, better version of Willie McGinest - - something we haven't had in a couple of years.
  6. lapatsfan

lapatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We'll be okay. Our biggest test will be in week #2 against SD.
  7. Armen Da Pats Fan

Armen Da Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What I believe we are going to see in these six games is the emergence of Jarvis Green as a bonafide NFL starter and star.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  8. Armen Da Pats Fan

Armen Da Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Without a doubt. I was saying that yesterday. With Adalius Thomas in the mix, this defense might just look completely different. He may operate like a 4th D-Lineman in rushing situations.

Ultimately, what I believe we are going to see in these six games is the emergence of Jarvis Green as a bonafide NFL starter and star.

As a couple of others have pointed here on this board, this whole situation reeks of Bledsoe/Brady to me.

Here you have a veteran guy we all love, whose talents we overhype, but who has really never quite lived up to expectations, and in Seymour's case, is very injury-prone.

Suddenly, he gets hurt and a guy who has been laboring as a backup (Jarvis Green) steps up and puts the superstar on the rails.

A 1st and 3rd for Big Sey, anyone?
  9. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'll believe that when I see it.

I've been concerned about the D-Line depth for two seasons, and coincidentally Seymour was out for significant periods of time during which our line was no more than adequate.
  10. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No more than adequate? Wow, name 3 DLs better than the Pats.
  11. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0

I LOOK FORWARD TO THE BLOOD-LETTING that you have once again, brought upon yourself. This is hysterically, hilariously BONE-HEADED. I like Jarvis as much as the next guy, but this is just INSANE. You're our Moga.