PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On Paper The Jets Should Win This Game. On The Field It's Another Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright this is my first week trying to right a post that breaks down the upcoming game and hopefully you guys like it and more will come. The game this week between the Pats and Jets will be a low scoring affair with
the Pats coming out on top. The reasons I believe the pats will be victorious are simple. The Pats have been playing conservative on both sides of the ball for most of the year like the Pats of old. But recently they have been allowing Cassel on the off. to open it up a little with some 4 and 5 receiver sets. Cassel is becoming more and more confident behind a healthy line. As well as our running game as of late. Ben Jarvus Green Ellis had his first 100yd game of his career last week. Now I know that the Broncos, Colts, Rams, and a injured Bills aren't exactly the best in the NFL but it gives this offense a sense of identity. Cassel is completing nearly 70 percent of his passes and is doing better managing the game. If it weren't for a Gaffney drop and a Dave Thomas penalty we would be 7-2 and and 5 of the last 6 games. However those are plays you must make to win in this league. The Jets def is giving up 21 pts a game and just picked up Law who is challenging Cassel to throw at him. But I think with a steady dose of Welker and Green Ellis with the occasional threats to Moss will keep the off. rolling. Now for the def side of the ball. The pats are doing well, considering talks of them being to old and Harrison being out for the season. They are giving up a little over 17 pts a game and are now missing Wheatley and A. Thomas. Though, with the emergence of Merriweather and O'neal it seems to be coming around and the secondary should be able to take advantage of a mistake prone Favre. J. Mayo is also coming on really strong as he leads the def in tackles and I think will keep T. Jones in check who really only has success against Oakland and St. Louis. Also there has only been one 100yd rusher this season and that was Ronnie Brown and I was at that game and don't think the Jets are wildcat ready. The game will be decided by the line and whether or not we will get good penetration and get in Favres face to make his famous back foot throws. This will be a very good game on an extremely bad network but thats a discussion for another time. Pats 20 Jets 17.

==========================================================

I aplaud you.

One suggestion I would like to make is to break it up a bit, the one long paragraph is hard to read.

Wow, someone ripped me a new one over my "uninformed post". A keyboard ex-lax? Wow.

I promise to resign. The Jets fans are almost looking friendlier these days.

Wow, someone ripped me a new one over my "uninformed post". A keyboard ex-lax? Wow.

I promise to resign. The Jets fans are almost looking friendlier these days.

======================================================

Just the internet. This is where we learn good stuff and encounter,,, intolerance.

Your a good egg.:canadaflag:

Reactions: JSn
======================================================

Just the internet. This is where we learn good stuff and encounter,,, intolerance.

Your a good egg.:canadaflag:

Aw, shucks. I probably shouldn't have mentioned it, just a lame thing to come back to the forum.

When a post includes information and quotes you'd think one could at least assume some thought had gone into it. Guess not. :rolleyes:

At any rate, glad to see some discussion here. Gunnails, I don't know too much about your crappy team (;)), is missing David Harris much of a hit to your D tomorrow night?

Last edited:
Harris has not performed as well as last year, stat wise, part of that has to be the improved play around him.

His back up is stout against the run, so not a lot of drop off there, however he is slower then Harris in coverage.

Harris big knock has always been his lack of speed when defending the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes