PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OMG, the Redskins are doing it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should the Bears take Quinn? Until very, very recently the ownership has refused to pay their coaching staff good money, hence they've lacked the infrastructure to train young QBs. They've had a whole bunch come through there the last few years and all have performed atrociously. The Bears' futility when it comes to developing quarterbacks is only matched by the Lions, another team with historically poor coaching/ownership.

Chicago seems to have better success with unspectacular veterans.

Should the Bears take Quinn? Until very, very recently the ownership has refused to pay their coaching staff good money, hence they've lacked the infrastructure to train young QBs. They've had a whole bunch come through there the last few years and all have performed atrociously. The Bears' futility when it comes to developing quarterbacks is only matched by the Lions, another team with historically poor coaching/ownership.

Chicago seems to have better success with unspectacular veterans.

I'm not sure the coaches are quite ready to label Grossman a bust. They're getting there though.

What the Redskins should do is trade the #6 pick for multiple picks in the draft. They are going into the draft yet again without a full arsenal of picks. And Redskins fans don't get why the Redskins have been to the playoffs twice since Snyder bought the team and the first time was the year he bought it which was after the draft and most of free agency.

Last edited:
I would agree that he is not in that company but people go gaga when a receiver runs a 4.3. I would expect them to have full on heart attacks when a LINEBACKER runs ones.

Yeah, I just don't think good NFL personnel men go gaga like fans or analysts like Todd McShay do. It's just a part of the process.

Yeah, I just don't think good NFL personnel men go gaga like fans or analysts like Todd McShay do. It's just a part of the process.

Hey I would be thrilled if Willis fell far enough for the Pats to trade up and get him.

The worst mistake they made was trading Bailey for Portis. RBs have a shelf life of 4 yrs and are products of their offensive line among other things; a shutdown corner, not to mention the leagues best, is valuable enough to build defense around for a 8-10 yr stretch.

The worst mistake they made was trading Bailey for Portis. RBs have a shelf life of 4 yrs and are products of their offensive line among other things; a shutdown corner, not to mention the leagues best, is valuable enough to build defense around for a 8-10 yr stretch.

Yes, I agree with you. But Snyder and the yes-men that work for him don't seem to be privy to such insights.

So Chicago moves for the bottom of the first round to the upper mid of the first round? For what? An angry linebacker that wants to get paid and that has been flapping his lip rather than let his agent do the work and talking.

Redskins are just doing what they do best... pay players and lose games.

Hey Chicago, take the deal... dump Tank "Rambo" Johnson and draft Alan Branch. No way the Commish is going to take it easy on him IF he gets himself into trouble again. Or else trade down and get some talent to spread it around.

If the Redskins trade with da Bears, they just don't get it. The Bears should take the trade, here's why: Remember Briggs predecesor? It was Rosevelt Colvin. The Bears should be able to plug in just about anybody that is athletic and can tackle well. The Cover 2 scheme, from what I have seen, displays players playing in a zone, therefore limiting their responsibilities and making them look better than they really are (ala Cato June). With that said, I think Briggs is way better than Cato June and is better than Rosevelt Colvin. However, Colvin and Briggs are two different types of LB's. Colvin's specialty is rushing the passer and Briggs is a coverage LB. If I were GM, I would make the trade.

Last edited:
sounds like a no-brainer for the bears

At least Briggs is not going to the Jets, Broncos or Colts. Go Pats:rocker:

BTW,Briggs showed up with his agent Drew Rosenhaus at the owner's meeting......maybe they talked with Snyder directly(tampering?).

There is no way anyone could tamper with Lance Briggs. He's a FA under the non exclusive franchise tag and is free to negotiate with anyone he wants.

If Bailey is so valueable how come the Colts scored about 70 points in consecutive playoff games against the Broncos? Bailey didn't make a difference in those games for one reason or another. Cornerbacks are as much a product of a system as running backs are. They rely on other people to do their jobs in order to be successful the same way that running backs do. They are plug-and-play players. You don't build defenses around them. Notice how we were able to win in 2004 with undrafted rookie free agents starting.

Last edited:
They have Jason Cambell. He's the future there.

Cousin,
Jason Campbell is a second stringer, period. This kid is terrible. Carr would be a better choice for them and they do not even have to waste a pick on a QB like a Quinn. Campbell is no better and an official member of the "cross-your-fingers-let's draft'em-young-QB-hopeful-wantabee's" like Frye, Tavares Jackson, Sims and Rogers. Past members of that club included Kyle Boller, the mentioned Carr (although it wasn't all his fault), Crouch, Lossman, who has went from terrible to metza-metz and I don't know where to put Eli.
DW Toys

Cousin,
Jason Campbell is a second stringer, period. This kid is terrible. Carr would be a better choice for them and they do not even have to waste a pick on a QB like a Quinn. Campbell is no better and an official member of the "cross-your-fingers-let's draft'em-young-QB-hopeful-wantabee's" like Frye, Tavares Jackson, Sims and Rogers. Past members of that club included Kyle Boller, the mentioned Carr (although it wasn't all his fault), Crouch, Lossman, who has went from terrible to metza-metz and I don't know where to put Eli.
DW Toys

P.S. AND THEN THERE IS GROSSMAN TOO WHO IS AN ENIGMA BUT NOT A STARTING NFL QB IMO.
DWToys

Cousin,
DW Toys

Jason Cambell has less than a season as a starter. He hasn't played enough to know how good or bad he will be.

His numbers are pretty reasonable for a QB over the first seven games of his career.

G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate

7 7 207 110 53.1 1297 6.27 66 10 6 7/55 13 3 76.5

Last edited:
He has to compete for local press with President Bush and Congress. You have any idea what that's like, to be a company town, and the company is The United States of America? Snyder can't invade countries, so he spends in the offseason.

LOL!!!!!!

If only his attitude were more widely shared!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News