PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OMG, the Redskins are doing it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coltsfan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Swapping first round picks with the Bears to acquire Briggs? Do these guys value the draft at all! Briggs is a stud, but they have London Fletcher, Marcus Washington, Lamar Marshall, and Rocky McIntosh at LB already! They trade up in the second round for McIntosh last year, yet don't seem to want to play him. This team has absolutely no clue how to build a franchise.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6613558
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Looks like a fit. If I were the Bear's I'd sure as heck take it. They can deal off Briggs salary demands and get a top 6 player in the draft, maybe Landry?

I might actually call that a solid move for both sides...if Washington hadn't just given Fletcher a $10.5 million signing bonus.

Snyder has self control issues. It's like he has to make a big move just for the sake of making one. The Redskins need to buid through the draft. If anything they should trade down and get more picks.

Looks like a fit. If I were the Bear's I'd sure as heck take it. They can deal off Briggs salary demands and get a top 6 player in the draft, maybe Landry?

I'm thinking Okoye. They could dump Tank, and Okoye and Harris would be absolutely an unbelievable combination at DT.

I'm thinking Okoye. They could dump Tank, and Okoye and Harris would be absolutely an unbelievable combination at DT.

Or maybe Willis as a replacement for Briggs.

If they are smart they draft a QB. Brady Quin??

Snyder has self control issues. It's like he has to make a big move just for the sake of making one. The Redskins need to buid through the draft. If anything they should trade down and get more picks.

He has to compete for local press with President Bush and Congress. You have any idea what that's like, to be a company town, and the company is The United States of America? Snyder can't invade countries, so he spends in the offseason.

Oh yeah I believe this now means the Redskins Are Going to Win The Super Bowl. Again.

PFnV

He has to compete for local press with President Bush and Congress. You have any idea what that's like, to be a company town, and the company is The United States of America? Snyder can't invade countries, so he spends in the offseason.

Oh yeah I believe this now means the Redskins Are Going to Win The Super Bowl. Again.

PFnV

You know it's getting out of hand when even fans are tired of them signing and trading for players.

Just checked the skins board,extremeskins,they've got
like 100 replies to this.

According to them,this is Dan Snyder's idea,not the Bears.

BTW,Briggs showed up with his agent Drew Rosenhaus at the owner's meeting......maybe they talked with Snyder directly(tampering?).

Joe Gibbs should have stayed with Nascar.

No, the Bears are smart enough to know that you don't draft a LB at #6 overall.

If Willis really has 4.3 speed I think you can make an exception.

The Redskins will never even sniff the Super Bowl as long as Daniel Snyder and Vinny Cerrato are treating this team like a fantasy football team. Doesn't Danny Boy realize that virtually every Super Bowl winner this decade has done it by growing their own team through the draft and not making a lot of these big name free agent acqusition. The only team that has been somewhat of an active player in free agency and won a Super Bowl in the last seven years was Tampa. The Pats, Colts, Steelers, and Ravens primarily did it through smart draft choices and lesser free agent acquisitions that fill a roll.

Snyder is too impatient to do what it takes to build a championship team and the fans fall right into line when they hear all the big names they are getting for their team. None of them want to admit that it is teamwork and contituity that wins championships. Not a collection of high priced big names.

If Willis really has 4.3 speed I think you can make an exception.

I've seen Willis a lot living down south. While he's very good, he's not worth the #6 pick in the draft. Ray Lewis or Urlacher, he is not. He'd be a great fit in the Pats' defense though if they can trade up a little bit for him.

I've seen Willis a lot living down south. While he's very good, he's not worth the #6 pick in the draft. Ray Lewis or Urlacher, he is not. He'd be a great fit in the Pats' defense though if they can trade up a little bit for him.

I would agree that he is not in that company but people go gaga when a receiver runs a 4.3. I would expect them to have full on heart attacks when a LINEBACKER runs ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down