PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OLD NEWS? Givens to be released.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were idiots to sign him anyway. Brandon Jones is a STUD. He got injured halfway through his rookie year, which is probably whey they were a bit worried, but WR was hardly that team's weakness.

I actually wouldn't mind Drew Bennett. He's similar to Givens, ableit maybe a bit taller.

Which, I worry, is the Titans thinking as well - Bennett is well over 6 feet. Givens is what, 5-10? It's like half a foot difference and Bennett is more of a deep threat than Givens.

Which, I worry, is the Titans thinking as well - Bennett is well over 6 feet. Givens is what, 5-10? It's like half a foot difference and Bennett is more of a deep threat than Givens.

Drew Bennett is 6'5", 206 lbs.

David Givens is 6'0", 212 lbs.

Except that Givens was injured DURING the season. He can't be cut while he is still rehabbing from the injury. He has to be cleared, physically.

The Pats had to reach an injury settlement during with Matt Shelton, who was injured in pre-season and then released in December.
Yeah, but the injury settlement is chump change. I think we gave Ty Law 250 thousand hen we cut him and his ten mil salary after 2004 season.

I'd be more excited about signing Bennet than signing Givens considering the injury.

Drew Bennett is 6'5", 206 lbs.

David Givens is 6'0", 212 lbs.

That strikes me as a bit of embellishment that Givens is 6 feet tall - in any event, Bennett is a great target

Yeah, but the injury settlement is chump change. I think we gave Ty Law 250 thousand hen we cut him and his ten mil salary after 2004 season.

I don't think we gave Ty a nickle since he asked to be released and we accommodated him. He wouldn't have collected it anyway as it is paid in weekly installments during the following season, unless you sign with another team and therefore are not entitled to any injury settlement.

And I think in the case of players who just pocketed a big signing bonus, part of which represents an advance payment for future seasons, there is no need for settlement. I also believe it is only something you can ask for and receive once in a career, so guys tend to save it for when they think they are toast.

This was taken from a Titan board from one of their better posters. Sounds like David maybe done forever.

"the knee is in bad shape. He had to have his tibial plateau grafted with an ACL reamer..........this is not good news for a guy who runs. I think he is in trouble but we do have the cap space to give him a yr to see if he gets better. The injury however is horrendous. NO WR has ever made it back from it."

pick him up knows the system and still can be a good 4th or 5th reciever

the titan are saying he likely wont be back until Oct or Nov if he comes back. So he is going to PUP'd at the minimum. This does not sound good for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes