Welcome to PatsFans.com

OLB Lawrence Timmons to work out for Pats...

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by Seneschal2, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seneschal2

Seneschal2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Lawrence Timmons

---

Timmons measured in at the Combine at 6007 234. A sideline-to-sideline player with limited experience; Yet, due to his athleticism, is considered round one material.

OK Pats fans, where (if at all) do we play him? Comments please...
  2. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I liked him as an OLB along with Moss prior to NE's signing of AD, but I don't know if he would fit at ILB. Timmons is very good in coverage, and a very good pass rusher, but he needs to develope better technique, and hand work to play ILB. Sometimes he takes bad angles, as well. When I was scouting this guy I thought he seemed smaller than 6'3", but I didn't really scout him for ILB. Timmons does possess some of the same sideline-to-sideline ability that has made Patrick Willis so effective, and could turn into a very good pro. If NE were to draft him it would be as a project, because I don't see him starting at ILB straight out of college. Really, I think he will be most effective at WILL.

Vrabel is getting older, so maybe they would draft him as an OLB to ratate with, and replace Vrabel in a few years? That is what NE did with Wilfork, Warren, and Maroney....
  3. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +238 / 22 / -10

On lots of dradft lists but not Bill & Scott's; doesn't fit the Pats Not on their list.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.