PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OLB Lawrence Timmons to work out for Pats...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Lawrence Timmons

Lawrence Timmons said he felt better after talking to the NFL coaches and scouts who observed Pro Timing Day at Florida State. Timmons hasn't been impressive in the 40-yard dash with times that have reportedly hovered around 4.6 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine, and then again on Thursday.

It wasn't a bad day - you know I didn't get some of the numbers I wanted, especially on the 40,” said Timmons, who will work out for the New England Patriots on Friday. "Most of (the scouts) said I should be all right.”

Pittsburgh is one of the teams projected as a possibility to draft Timmons in the first round.

“It's just a part of the puzzle,” new Pittsburgh Steeler coach Mike Tomlin said of Thursday's timing day. “The (game) tape is his walking-and-talking resume. Sometimes people get enamored with workouts and things of that nature. The No. 1 thing is the tape. And his tape sticks out a lot.
---

Timmons measured in at the Combine at 6007 234. A sideline-to-sideline player with limited experience; Yet, due to his athleticism, is considered round one material.

OK Pats fans, where (if at all) do we play him? Comments please...

Lawrence Timmons

---

Timmons measured in at the Combine at 6007 234. A sideline-to-sideline player with limited experience; Yet, due to his athleticism, is considered round one material.

I liked him as an OLB along with Moss prior to NE's signing of AD, but I don't know if he would fit at ILB. Timmons is very good in coverage, and a very good pass rusher, but he needs to develope better technique, and hand work to play ILB. Sometimes he takes bad angles, as well. When I was scouting this guy I thought he seemed smaller than 6'3", but I didn't really scout him for ILB. Timmons does possess some of the same sideline-to-sideline ability that has made Patrick Willis so effective, and could turn into a very good pro. If NE were to draft him it would be as a project, because I don't see him starting at ILB straight out of college. Really, I think he will be most effective at WILL.

Vrabel is getting older, so maybe they would draft him as an OLB to ratate with, and replace Vrabel in a few years? That is what NE did with Wilfork, Warren, and Maroney....

Lawrence Timmons

---

On lots of dradft lists but not Bill & Scott's; doesn't fit the Pats Not on their list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case