PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OK, I will say it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our offensive line is horrible!

This is the 1 area that could cost us a SB
Well that is the biggest reason why this team will lose this year but the bigger issue is the lack of testicles. This team has shown no HEART, FIRE Or leadership during the past several weeks. Even TB looks like a cowering loser out there....anyone see him chewing guys out or firing up the teammates?! Yeah they have injuries....but DONT GO DOWN WITHOUT AFIGHT!!! Once you lose your spine....you collapse.

Hopefully, getting Vollmer back will help our line a little and add Edleman with Amendola and teams not being able to double Gronk and hopefully, offense will bounce back!!!!

the line was bad even with vollmer idk

Smart DC know that Brady has NO DEEP THREAT to throw to.....and if he does....THEY will DROP it anyways!!!! Seriously....we have never been more limited and predictable

I dont know. I've always felt Brady throwing it long was simply a way of keeping the defense honest and making the defense back up a bit/open up the middle some. So much of the Patriots bread and butter being the short and medium. They can get predictable especially if the oline is being porous.

Kind of like making a defense honor the run.

Maybe they should play like the Miami game to prevent more injuries in playoff coz they ain't go to SB anyways. Let prepare for next season.
I think you sir are looking at things realistically. You can have injuries but still play football WITH FIRE IN YOUR GUT.....today's limp effort showed the Pats have no sack and leadership....tough to watch

Smart DC know that Brady has NO DEEP THREAT to throw to.....and if he does....THEY will DROP it anyways!!!!

That's been true since 2010

Seriously....we have never been more limited and predictable

Start of 2013 was worse at WR/TE, but better at OL

I'm pretty sure we're still in the playoffs :)

Everybody step back from the ledge. Turns out the other team gets paid to play too. Ask the JEST :).. oh and by the way take a moment to celebrate their latest SOJ performance.

Anybody ready to tank on the season - and I've read at least one here - do me a favor, please: just stop following the Patriots now.

Hell, stop following football. NASCAR's supposed to be interesting, get into that - but insist that your team's car doesn't have a speed regulator and everybody else's does.

I am extremely tired of spoiled fans thinking that every downturn is the end of the world. Every damn year. Hell, I even fell victim to it last year -- and we all know what happened then.

It's been a rough December. It could be a Super Bowl year. It could be a one-and-done year. It hasn't happened yet.

Your role is to hope for the former while fearing the latter, bite your fingernails, and tough it out. Seriously. You don't know more about playcalling than Josh McDaniels. You don't know more about injuries than the training staff. You don't know more about gameplanning than Bill Belichick.

Know your role.

I think it is clear that the patriots were a clear favorite to get to the superbowl and now they are in trouble. Acknowledging that and being bummed is normal...I don't see why folks have to go all fascist on those of us who are a little more rational about the patriots outlook.

I will be at the game and rooting them on, but only those who refuse to look at the patriots rationally would say that the patriots are in a strong position to win the superbowl.

They have looked terrible for a while.

I think it is clear that the patriots were a clear favorite to get to the superbowl and now they are in trouble. Acknowledging that and being bummed is normal...I don't see why folks have to go all facial on those of us who are a little more rational about the patriots outlook.

I will be at the game and rooting them on, but only those who refuse to look at the patriots rationally would say that the patriots are in a strong position to win the superbowl.

They have looked terrible for a while.

I don't believe the bolded to be true.

From mike lokyo

From spies in Foxboro: Julian Edelman was seen running, cutting, and stopping at full speed on the Practice field this weekend.

From mike lokyo

From spies in Foxboro: Julian Edelman was seen running, cutting, and stopping at full speed on the Practice field this weekend.

did edelman gain 100 pounds that fast so he can play guard?

did edelman gain 100 pounds that fast so he can play guard?

This is the same oline from beginning of the year. Difference is the quick routes by edelman and amendola

I dont know. I've always felt Brady throwing it long was simply a way of keeping the defense honest and making the defense back up a bit/open up the middle some. So much of the Patriots bread and butter being the short and medium. They can get predictable especially if the oline is being porous.

Kind of like making a defense honor the run.

Under normal circumstances, I would agree that taking a couple of shots downfield helps to keep the defense honest. Under our current circumstances, I believe it's been due to a lack of options in the preferred short passing game.

Obviously, I could be off, but that's just my opinion.

This is the same oline from beginning of the year.

Sure, minus Solder and Vollmer--our 2 starting tackles who protect the outside rushers. Take away Andrews and add Stork, and you'd get our current OL.

those of us who are a little more rational about the patriots outlook.

read this exact quote following the KC game last season.

Surrender monkey wailing and capitulation are a sign of extreme WEAKNESS in any war game scenario. Football is a war game and team fans are the grunts. If this was a REAL war, every single one of these chicken little, crybaby ,sobbing capitulators would be shot for desertion. Fortunately for the bawking Bobbies, the opportunity to wail and gnash your teeth all day, all night and all week will not go wasted. Cry on...it's all bad!!!

Sure, minus Solder and Vollmer--our 2 starting tackles who protect the outside rushers. Take away Andrews and add Stork, and you'd get our current OL.

In the playoffs we get volmer back.

Fact is, beginning of the season brady got rid of the bell in a second. That protects the oline. Without edelman and amendola you have to gold onto the ball longer and that exposes them.

Its obvious to see. The offense went down when edelman did

In the playoffs we get volmer back.

Fact is, beginning of the season brady got rid of the bell in a second. That protects the oline. Without edelman and amendola you have to gold onto the ball longer and that exposes them.

Its obvious to see. The offense went down when edelman did

I'm not meaning to disagree with your opinion that the offense has looked entirely different since the loss of Edelman, but one would think that something would've been there today with both Amendola and Martin being able to play the slot/quicker timing routes, had it been "just" the loss of the 2 WRs.

Yes, the OL is certainly playing terribly, and they are giving Brady absolutely nothing to work with. On top of that, they're not blocking for the running game, either.

Denver enters this week having lost 2 of 3, and they are doing their best to give the game away today.

But let's panic because the Patriots have been in survival mode for a couple of weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes