PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OK, I will say it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the same oline from beginning of the year. Difference is the quick routes by edelman and amendola

No it's not - the center is different, and I'm still at a loss as to why. Stork hasn't been the same, and hasn't been as good as Andrews, to my admittedly untrained eye.

And Solder started the year.

I agree but Brady is the most important player on the team who needs reps heading into the playoffs.
He could have gotten some reps in the first couple of series. It made zero sense to roll out that game plan in the first half and still play him, though. Now he's injured.

So the number one problem with the offense is the line. The number two problem with the team is the inconsistent and porous defense that can't get off the field on 3rd down.

How many yards did the passing god Tannehill throw for?

Tannehill tossed a cool 350 yds for 2 TDs and 0 turnovers, which happened to be 9 yards away from his season high (359 at JAX).

For some reason we tend to make mediocre QBs look good.

If the 2006 Pats could go into San Diego and beat a very talented top seed...then I don't feel any less confident in this team.
They will surprise us.

No reason to think we couldn't go into DEN and pull out a victory, although there were some important variables in the '06 SD game, such as 1) the extremely low likelihood of winning when Brady turns the ball over a handful of times, 2) the idiotic move from the SD corner not to simply fall down and end the game on his last pick, and 3) the totally stifling 14.8 points per game that our defense was allowing all year long.

In other words, the Pats were damn lucky to get out of SD with a victory that day, and as we know their luck ran out on the road the very next week.

No reason to think we couldn't go into DEN and pull out a victory, although there were some important variables in the '06 SD game, such as 1) the extremely low likelihood of winning when Brady turns the ball over a handful of times, 2) the idiotic move from the SD corner not to simply fall down and end the game on his last pick, and 3) the totally stifling 14.8 points per game that our defense was allowing all year long.

In other words, the Pats were damn lucky to get out of SD with a victory that day, and as we know their luck ran out on the road the very next week.

"The very next week" still stands as the most gutwrenching loss I have experienced as a Pats fan.
In fact, it was that loss and my inability to "cope" with it months later that led me to join this Messageboard. I still can't figure out how we lost that lead...couldn't get that ONE first down to stop the hemorrhage in the 2nd half...how Peyton's thumb didn't bother him more...how gassed that D was...
Ugh. Thanks for bringing it all back...:(

"The very next week" still stands as the most gutwrenching loss I have experienced as a Pats fan.
In fact, it was that loss and my inability to "cope" with it months later that led me to join this Messageboard. I still can't figure out how we lost that lead...couldn't get that ONE first down to stop the hemorrhage in the 2nd half...how Peyton's thumb didn't bother him more...how gassed that D was...
Ugh. Thanks for bringing it all back...:(

Sorry, bud. I'm actually right there with you, though. Aside from the obvious helmet catch '07 SB loss, the '06 AFCCG is the next game in line of heartbreaking losses for me.

The 2011 SB loss was a special kind of suckage as well, since it was the 2nd time under similar circumstances, and once again saw the offense fail to produce anything worth a damn.

If I had to pick a 4th, it'd be the 2012 loss to BAL in the AFCCG. We had the ball seven times inside of what's normally considered FG range and came away with a measly 13 points due to the ridiculous wind that day.

The Pats talk about plug and play a lot. However that is not true at a few position. You really can not get away with it at OT and particularly at LT. That Solder injury was big but Vollmer along with it is a back breaker to be honest. OTs need to be able to block on an island and not every pass can be under 2 seconds no matter how good your short yardage guys are.

Hopefully Vollmer comes back healthy. You can kinda scheme around RT being weak a bit but giving an extra bump off the line but you can't do that with both sides and left is harder.

If Vollmer/Edelman come back healthy and effective the OL will not be bad enough to cost us the SB. Those 2 things make it workable. Clearly though OT depth needs to be looked at in the off season cause Cannon even though he is paid like a #3 OT is not one. Also This is why #3 OT is paid more than a good starting guard usually. It is that important.

Josh's play calling was totally predictable. No quick plays. Everything was a run up the middle followed by more runs up the middle followed by a punt. You can't piss away 90% of the game and win, even against the Fins

You forgot: bombs to a guy who can't catch and bombs to a guy who always gets called for OPI.

So far the O-Line has played GREAT! Brady has had plenty of time to throw. So far so good!

Is there a good cry baby gif I can use for all these threads?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

The injuries have thoroughly exposed Josh McDaniels.
He is not utilizing all the personnel at his disposal nor is he game planning with any intelligence.
He is not adjusting on the fly.
That seems like an odd conclusion to draw, what is he supposed to do exactly, they went even blitzing so screens didn't do much and there was no rb capable of running the ball after Blount got hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back