PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offseason award winners announced

Not to read too much into this, but it's good to see Dowling and Talib on the list, if for no other reason than it would be huge to have them both be in peak condition and health this season.

Who were the award winners in previous years? I wonder if there's a trend for the winners making the roster. They're all locks except for Dowling, but I wonder if this means his job is safe.

Not to read too much into this, but it's good to see Dowling and Talib on the list, if for no other reason than it would be huge to have them both be in peak condition and health this season.

Agreed, especially nice to see Talib in there, considering he's been known to be a troublemaker in the past. Happy for Dowling too, working hard to play this season after 2 wasted seasons.

Dowling only got his so that he didn't have to limp too far:drum:

He's actually closest, he's got a handicapped tag.

No, seriously. Dowling and Talib stand out as encouraging to me.

Does that mean the "Football isn't a priority for Brady anymore" crowd have to shut up this year? Probably not, but at least we evidence to the contrary.

Good to see Amendola there. Also Talib. Amendola needed the reps from Brady and Talib needed the focus during the offseason.

It's nice to see the big guy still on the list!

A few things that stick out to me:

Brady is back after not being on the list in 2010 or 2012 (don't have list from 2011). Don't have a complete list from 2009, but don't think he was on there either.
Amendola is one of the few guys to be chosen after signing as a free agent. Bobby Carpenter and Trevor Scott were two such guys last year.
Good to see that Talib doesn't seem to be much of a concern as far as on-field character.
Second straight year of this for Solder. Outside of QB, which we don't really have to worry about, I think the starting left tackle is the guy I'd most want to know put in the work in the offseason.
Mayo was chosen in 2009, 2010, 2012, and this year. Don't have the 2011 list, but my guess is that this is five straight years for him.

Love seeing a young guy like Nate Solder on this list. This kid is going to be the best LT in football in the near future.

Bold statement considering LTs were taken #1 and #2 overall this year.

Bold statement considering LTs were taken #1 and #2 overall this year.

Solder has all the physical tools that they have and I'm willing to bet that he has a superior work ethic. Not taking anything away from them, but this was also a weak QB draft which contributed to their selections.

That said I will rephrase and say one of the best LT in the league, mainly because of Matt Kalil in Minnesota..

Take a look at this photo and you cannot deny that Kalil has skillz.

matt-kalil-girlfriend-mary-kate-fitzpatrick.jpg

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...DrExJaLcT0eD525gIqjhxXYg&ust=1375153831920111

are they awarding them the good parking spots as a pat on the back ? like hey guys we need you or are they for the guys that where working hard already if so its a nice boost of confidence for them knowing they see there hard work,

its also nice to see Dowling on any list other then IR. I hope he can stay on the field and help the pats win

Solder has all the physical tools that they have and I'm willing to bet that he has a superior work ethic. Not taking anything away from them, but this was also a weak QB draft which contributed to their selections.

That said I will rephrase and say one of the best LT in the league, mainly because of Matt Kalil in Minnesota..

Take a look at this photo and you cannot deny that Kalil has skillz.

matt-kalil-girlfriend-mary-kate-fitzpatrick.jpg

Redirect Notice

don't rephrase anything....there's nothing wrong with what you opined...some people have overdosed on "I'm a better authority" pills around here.

are they awarding them the good parking spots as a pat on the back ? like hey guys we need you or are they for the guys that where working hard already if so its a nice boost of confidence for them knowing they see there hard work,

The latter: it's for players who put in the work during offseason workouts. (And for Sciz: because of the lockout, I don't think there were awards in 2011.)

Ten of the coveted parking spots announced this year. In alphabetical order:

WR Danny Amendola
QB Tom Brady
CB Ras-I Dowling
LB Dane Fletcher
LB Jerod Mayo
LB/DE Rob Ninkovich
ST Matt Slater
OT Nate Solder
CB Aqib Talib
DT Vince Wilfork

Amendola, Talib among offseason award winners | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

Extra Offseason workout bonus money
WR Danny Amendola - $0
QB Tom Brady - $0
CB Ras-I Dowling - $125,000
LB Dane Fletcher _$0
LB Jerod Mayo - $250,000
LB/DE Rob Ninkovich - $100,000
ST Matt Slater - $100,000
OT Nate Solder - $0
CB Aqib Talib - $50,000
DT Vince Wilfork - $200,000

Players are paid $175 per each offseason workout day.

Extra Offseason workout bonus money
WR Danny Amendola - $0
QB Tom Brady - $0
CB Ras-I Dowling - $125,000
LB Dane Fletcher _$0
LB Jerod Mayo - $250,000
LB/DE Rob Ninkovich - $100,000
ST Matt Slater - $100,000
OT Nate Solder - $0
CB Aqib Talib - $50,000
DT Vince Wilfork - $200,000

Players are paid $175 per each offseason workout day.

Well, it shows that most of these guys won the award based solely on dedication. But even the guys who got the big workout bonuses still would have earned the bonus for far less dedication to working out in the offseason.

what. No Hernandez on the list.................

Too soon?

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back