PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offseason award winners announced

I haven't read this entire thread but isn't this the first offseason award Tom has won in, what, 5 years?

Brady is actually the one who stands out to me. It would seem that he is aware that he is in the back stretch of his career now and has to work even harder to be ready, get better, and reach his goals for winning more championships. I love seeing Wilfork on the list as well.

what. No Hernandez on the list.................

Too soon?

While he didn't get any offseason awards from the patriots, he does have a solid shot at a twix bar.

hopefully someone else here is watching orange is the new black and gets the reference.

Brady is actually the one who stands out to me. It would seem that he is aware that he is in the back stretch of his career now and has to work even harder to be ready, get better, and reach his goals for winning more championships. I love seeing Wilfork on the list as well.

I said this earlier in the offseason but Brady losing all his receivers is going to spark this offense the same way it got sparked when moss and welker first joined. instead of having his go to guys he is going to HAVE to adjust to these new guys, and thats going to build trust, and long term result in Great additions to the offense.

Before we read too much into the current offseason award winners, here are the ten that won the award last year.

• Bobby Carpenter
  • Patrick Chung
  • Jermaine Cunningham
  • Julian Edelman
  • Stephen Gostkowski
  • Jerod Mayo
  • Trevor Scott
  • Nate Solder
  • Jeff Tarpinian
  • Danny Woodhead

FWIW, four are no longer with the team and three are on the bubble for a roster spot.

Always enjoy the comments of some mediot who will focus on #12's parking space and have absolutely no idea why he can park there, but will utter something completely stupid and his announcing partner will follow along...

This is encouraging.. especially Talib, Brady and Dowling...

Aren't all the co captains on that list, coincidental??

Before we read too much into the current offseason award winners, here are the ten that won the award last year.

• Bobby Carpenter
  • Patrick Chung
  • Jermaine Cunningham
  • Julian Edelman
  • Stephen Gostkowski
  • Jerod Mayo
  • Trevor Scott
  • Nate Solder
  • Jeff Tarpinian
  • Danny Woodhead

FWIW, four are no longer with the team and three are on the bubble for a roster spot.

Lol, good point.

One of the biggest questions for me this season is whether or not Edelman is ever going to have the breakout season so many have been projecting for him year after year, or if he is just going to continue to be an end of the roster player who is an exceptional punt returner.

Lol, good point.

One of the biggest questions for me this season is whether or not Edelman is ever going to have the breakout season so many have been projecting for him year after year, or if he is just going to continue to be an end of the roster player who is an exceptional punt returner.

Gonna be really hard to have that breakout year without getting that pre-season rhythm going with TFB. I say this as someone who likes Edes.

Gonna be really hard to have that breakout year without getting that pre-season rhythm going with TFB. I say this as someone who likes Edes.

Yep, it's a shame he can't stay healthy. If he can somehow get healthy and produce along the lines of 50-60 Rec/12 YPC with a good YAC and good number of first downs it will really really help this team. And healthy those aren't unrealistic expectations by any means, hopefully he can get there, even if it means he won't be back after this season.

Which leads me to my next question, where the hell is PatsfanKen, he is the biggest Edelman supporter here and i haven't seen anything from him lately.

Which leads me to my next question, where the hell is PatsfanKen, he is the biggest Edelman supporter here and i haven't seen anything from him lately.

Seppuku when he read that Edes foot was re-injured/ re-operated?

Seppuku when he read that Edes foot was re-injured/ re-operated?

possibly finally following the patriots way of "when you win say a little, and when you lose say less"

Albert Breer ✔ @AlbertBreer
Interesting to see Brady back on that list. He told me last year that, b/c of CBA limiting time, he felt like he needed to be more present.

Sure he did Breer you tool, and you wrote it in a story back then, too. Or not.

don't rephrase anything....there's nothing wrong with what you opined...some people have overdosed on "I'm a better authority" pills around here.

I was just referring to his girlfriend being a smoke show :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I agree that the story is Brady.

He was a constant on this list in his early years as the QB. It demonstrated leadership - the QB is in here putting in his time. It built a culture.

In the latter years, Brady spent a lot of time in California, Costa Rica, Brazil, Italy, and so forth. He took up other training methods - boxing, water-sliding. Presumably coming in in good shape, but not the presence in the off-season he once was. Mayo lives somewhere in the Gillette facilities (and they're still working on locating exactly where) but he's really not a vocal, active leader. A return to this approach by Brady is an excellent sign. I think it strengthens his leadership.

In fact, this list looks like the people you want leading the troops. On offense, Brady, Solder, and Amendola. Adding Ridley would have been perfect.

On defense, Wilfork, Ninkovich, Mayo and Talib. Adding Jones or McCourtey would have been perfect. Plus Slater on ST.

Compare that list to the captains.

Far better collection, in terms of exerting leadership, than Edelman & Woodhead on offense, Carpenter, Scott, Chung, and Tarpinian on defense, and the kicker.

It allows the captains to say "no one is going to outwork us."

Albert Breer ✔ @AlbertBreer
Interesting to see Brady back on that list. He told me last year that, b/c of CBA limiting time, he felt like he needed to be more present.

Sure he did Breer you tool, and you wrote it in a story back then, too. Or not.

Not to mention I think it has more to do with people doubting Brady's ability to mesh with a new receiving core. I'm sure he made proving the naysayers wrong a motivation to work even harder. Brady is a competitive monster.

• Bobby Carpenter
  • Patrick Chung
  • Jermaine Cunningham
  • Julian Edelman
  • Stephen Gostkowski
  • Jerod Mayo
  • Trevor Scott
  • Nate Solder
  • Jeff Tarpinian
  • Danny Woodhead

I think I'd decline the award..

Your definition of "bubble" and mine are a bit different, but more importantly, how many of them failed to make the roster in 2012?

I think Brady has always been a big leader and idk how much you read into this list. Maybe since all this turn around our big boy captains reached another level in leadership for this team. This year the team is relying on wilforks, mayos and Brady's leadership more IMO. I expect great things this season

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back