PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official UDFA Signings Thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I like the Justin Warren Signing

Agreed.
I like him too.

He's not a Special teamer so that he's not that versatile..see how he works out..not as optimistic as I am about Lau..but time will tell.

Here's the only pertinent tidbit from the article:

Warren, who had been courted prior to the draft by teams with 3-4 defenses, signed with the New England Patriots.

"I knew they were interested in me from Day 1," Warren said. "I didn't get drafted but that's one of the [teams] that I thought I was going to be on."

Warren will be joining another Warren, defensive lineman Ty (not related), who also played at Texas A&M and Bryan High. Ty Warren was a first-round pick in 2003 by the Patriots, and has since been a member of two Super Bowl champion teams.

"It's not really a bad team at all," Warren said. "I'm just trying to be an official member of it and go along for the ride."
---

I don't think Justin received the memo -- *sigh* :( -- rookie.

Freddy Roach like?

Pats sign UDFA TE Jake Nordin

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/04/rfas_on_radar.html

April 30, 2007
RFAs on radar

Now that the draft has concluded, the Patriots will turn their attention to signing rookie free agents.

The Daily Chronicle reports today that Northern Illinois tight end Jake Nordin has agreed to join the Patriots.

Nordin is a 6-foot-3 3/8, 258-pound prospect who was known more for his blocking than pass-catching at Northern Illinois.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 08:21:49 AM

Re: Pats sign UDFA ILB Justin Warren [merged]

Good pickup. He'll be given a chance to make the team as a run-stuffing ILB.

Here's the only pertinent tidbit from the article:

---

I don't think Justin received the memo -- *sigh* :( -- rookie.

The problem with articles like this is that you can take that quote a number of ways. He could have been joking like "yea, it's not really a bad team at all!" and saying this with a big smile on his face. My point is that he was probably joking. I don't know that, but I doubt he thinks the team he just signed with is just OK.

Last edited:
Pats sign UDFA DB Larry Anam

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/?p=1182

April 30th, 2007
Pats sign Anam
Posted by Albert Breer at 8:26 pm

According to a scout.com report, the Patriots signed undrafted free agent defensive back Larry Anam, a Boston College product.

Anam started his Eagle career as a free safety, but moved to corner in spring of ‘05, becoming a spot starter that fall and moving into the starting lineup full-time last season. His best shot to make the roster will be as a special-teamer, doing the work he was accustomed to at BC.

Re: Pats sign UDFA S Larry Anam

Local product?

Re: Pats sign UDFA S Larry Anam

Hes pretty good in run support and he improved a lot over the 2006 season. He ended the Florida St. game I believe with a INT in the endzone if I remember correctly. He is decet I wouldnt think the probabilities of him making the team are any good though.

really like this signing, wanted the pats to draft him. Sporting news says he must transform his physical tools into productivity, and can become a solid nfl starter.

Re: Pats sign UDFA Boston College CB Larry Anam

Zac West, DT, Texas-El Paso
Pro-Day: 03/08/07
Height: 6043
Weight: 302
40 Yrd Dash: 5.00
20 Yrd Dash: 2.90
10 Yrd Dash: 1.71
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 28
Vertical Jump: 26
Broad Jump: 8'8"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.53
3-Cone Drill: 7.46

- 2005 Season: Started 10 of 11 games played ... made 25 stops (eight solo) with five tackles for losses (11 yards) and two quarterback hurries.
- 2004 Season: Had a breakout year, gaining second team All-WAC honors ... started all 12 games at defensive tackle ... fourth on the team with 12 tackles for losses (32 yards) ... notched 2.5 sacks (six yards) ... finished with 40 tackles (29 solo), the second-highest total among defensive linemen ... also registered two QB hurries.

Re: Pats sign UDFA Boston College CB Larry Anam

Justin Warren, ILB, Texas A&M
Combine:
Height: 6025
Weight: 245
40 Yrd Dash: 4.92
20 Yrd Dash: 2.84
10 Yrd Dash: 1.62
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 16
Vertical Jump: 29 1/2
Broad Jump: 9'7"
Pulled groin during 1st run

Pro-Day: 03/03/07
Height: 6025
Weight: 245
40 Yrd Dash: 4.90
20 Yrd Dash: 2.84
10 Yrd Dash: 1.65
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 16
Vertical Jump: 35
Broad Jump: 9'7"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.28
3-Cone Drill: 7.45

- Big, physical inside linebacker who looks the part. Productive three-year starter. Flashes explosiveness as a hitter with surprising overall agility for a player his size. Gets a good initial jump on the action and plays with good football speed to get to the flanks. Effective in coverage because of instincts.
- More quick than fast and more strong than explosive. Warren shows a good quick first step to get into position to make plays on the outside, but can trail faster backs by a step. Struggles to break free from blocks and can get caught up in the line of scrimmage when coming on the blitz at times.
- 2006 Season: Earned first-team All-Big 12 honors for the second straight season after leading the Aggies with 90 tackles … started the final 11 games of the season after coming off the bench in the season-opener due to a minor fall camp surgery.
- 2005 Season: Led the Big 12 Conference in tackles with 9.5 stops per game … for the season, Warren posted a career-high 95 tackles in 10 games … a first-team All-Big 12 selection, Warren also had three quarterback sacks and three other tackles for losses … also broke up three opponent aerials and recovered a pair of fumbles.
- 2004 Season: Produced 58 tackles, including two for a loss of 15 yards, while seeing action in 10 games … started nine games … scored a touchdown on a 23-yard interception return … also forced and recovered a fumble and broke up a pass.
- 2003 Season: Recorded 32 tackles, including 4 tackles for loss of yardage and 2 sacks, while seeing action in all 12 games … made 7 starts at linebacker … first true freshman linebacker to start a season-opener in school history.
- 03/05/07 - Warren participated in the Pro Day just a couple of days after spending an intense four days at the NFL Combine. "I left Indianapolis and I had some regrets because I aggravated my hip up there from training a couple of weeks ago," Warren said. "I didn't perform some drills and some I think I could have done better. Beside the 40, I improved on everything [here], so I'm just hoping they turn on that game tape and see the football player I am." - Aggie Sports

I do know one thing. From a MEASURABLE stand point, whats not to love? Heavy and tall. Typical Pats inside run stuffer..I'm a tad optimistic about this one.

we always find a player(s) in udfa....

I like this signing. Seems like a very good project pick with THUMPER written all over him. The cherry on top though, is that my younger brother (also a patsfan) is named Justin Warren. Sorry, but that to me is just really ******* cool. :rocker:

Re: Official UDFA Signings Thread

Interesting tidbit on Matt Gutierez...I work with a U of M Alumni..he has season tickets and heads to Detroit on home games.

He's a huge Brady fan. When I mentioned that we had signed Gutierez, he was excited and said he was good..I responded "Brady good?". He smiled and said "yes".

Interesting tidbit on Matt Gutierez...I work with a U of M Alumni..he has season tickets and heads to Detroit on home games.

He's a huge Brady fan. When I mentioned that we had signed Gutierez, he was excited and said he was good..I responded "Brady good?". He smiled and said "yes".

I don't think any of us expect "Brady good", but cbssportsline makes this comparison to Brady....

"Gutierrez gave the team not only a physical presence at quarterback, but a player blessed with the athletic ability and potential that saw the University of Michigan coaching staff regard him as very similar to former Wolverine Tom Brady. "

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/1207070

Last edited:

The Patriots have officially signed: ILB/ST Justin Warren, CB/S/ST Larry Anam, QB Matt Gutierrez, TE Jake Nordin, and DL Zachary West

Zach West was a college DT who comes in at 6'5" 295lbs. His Bio

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes