PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official SF/GB playoff game thread, open for bidness...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who wins and by how much?

• Packers by 6 or more

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Packers by 5 or less

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 49ers win in an upset

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
17 Years, one Super Bowl appearance, a lot is on him but the Special Teams tonight was atrocious

What a 4th quarter. Vintage Rodgers choke job. Red zone he throws a crappy 2 yard pass then takes a sack. The guy is always about protecting his completion%. Next drive takes a killer sack. Don't have any sympathy for stat chasing choker QBs who always throw short crap on 3rd and long to protect their QB rating.

A record against a single team means nothing. Listen I agree with the overall narrative with rodgers being overrated but acting like he is this bum is just as ridiculous. He chokes in the playoffs. I agree 100%. He is one of the best QBs to ever play the game and is also overrated. Both can be true.

Yes and as I said, a choke artist with good stats and chokes in the playoffs. Karl Malone.

He literally won a SB so this statement is completely inaccurate and disingenuous. Jimmy hasn't won a SB but you're saying he is more clutch. While also saying legacy is all about the playoffs. Make that make sense.
He won a SB so everything else doesn't matter? He widely considered the most gifted QB in history of the league and he can't even go back to the big game in 15 years plus? Just stop. Jimmy is a middling QB who at least got his team in FG range today and somehow went to another SB. Use any QB you want as an example and odds are they are more clutch than Rodgers. He can't convert. It's not a one time thing.

To win two playoff games on the road, especially one in which the weather conditions are bad, it's just going to give the Niners a big boost of confidence.

SF had to win in OT on the road just to get IN to the playoffs and then won two straight...look out.

Blocked FG, blocked punt returned for TD, and then this. The special teams coordinator's gonna have some explaining to do.

That was ugly on a big scale. Weather aside and the Packers poor overall offensive showing, they still could have easily won this game by just playing simply satisfactory STs. #1 seed and arguably the best team in the league playing a clearly inferior opponent, and to get victory they just needed 'meh' level of special teams play. Ouch...

Hard to imagine the STs coach surviving this.

What a 4th quarter. Vintage Rodgers choke job. Red zone he throws a crappy 2 yard pass then takes a sack. The guy is always about protecting his completion%. Next drive takes a killer sack. Don't have any sympathy for stat chasing choker QBs who always throw short crap on 3rd and long to protect their QB rating.

But he was efficient at an MVP level 20 of 29, 225 yards, 92 rating, but most of all ZERO INTERCEPTIONS.

He won a SB so everything else doesn't matter? He widely considered the most gifted QB in history of the league and he can't even go back to the big game in 15 years plus? Just stop. Jimmy is a middling QB who at least got his team in FG range today and somehow went to another SB. Use any QB you want as an example and odds are they are more clutch than Rodgers. He can't convert. It's not a one time thing.

I'm not trying to argue he is clutch. I'm just saying your arguments are lame. Rodgers is very anti clutch and overrated as f***. He is also one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game. That is all im saying.

That was ugly on a big scale. Weather aside and the Packers poor overall offensive showing, they still could have easily won this game by just playing simply satisfactory STs. #1 seed and arguably the best team in the league playing a clearly inferior opponent, and to get victory they just needed 'meh' level of special teams play. Ouch...

Hard to imagine the STs coach surviving this.

Last year it was their defensive coordinator who blew it in the NFCCG, this year it's their STs coordinator. At some point Matt Lafleur needs to take responsibility. Tonight was on him as much as it was on Rodgers.

They still own them!!

Again with the weird comment.
I think it was just a shot at the nfl:
- Brady suspended 4 games for being “generally aware“ and “destroying” his cell phone.
- Antonio Brown suspended a few games for getting a forged vaccination card.
- QAaron receives no penalties for lying about his vaccination status and not following unvaccinated player protocols.

But Goodell treats everyone the same.

I'm not trying to argue he is clutch. I'm just saying your arguments are lame. Rodgers is very anti clutch and overrated as f***. He is also one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game. That is all im saying.
He won't be for long. He's active right now but he'll be the modern day marino and as time passes he won't be in the discussion.

You need to be clutch to be one of the greatest quarterbacks in the game. If you aren't clutch, you can't make the throws in the big moments. You lose playoff games, you dont' win superbowls. The goal of the league is win the superbowl. It's not to be an efficient QB with a big arm who puts up good numbers.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back