PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Red Sox Choke Thread

I can't believe Boston radio is saying this feels worse than SB42, not even close. Hell, this doesn't even feel as bad as the 2003 Red Sox.

This team wasn't going to do anything in the playoffs and that was well established weeks ago. The 2007 Patriots went from the greatest team of all-time to the biggest disappointment of all-time.

As far as signings go, I think the majority of Red Sox fans (including me) felt the Lackey and Drew signings were awful the day the contracts were signed, no excuse for those. However, while we certainly overpaid, I don't think many people expected Crawford to be as bad as he was this year.

This team seems to have a lot of overpriced divas who can't even stay in shape, very hard to even root for this year. Just such a stiff, dead vibe with this group. I'm 100% with not extending Francona, despite some bad signings, Theo gave him a team good enough to have a 9 game lead in September, there is no excuse for such a pathetic collapse.

Then again, these guys are just "managers", not coaches. In my mind, football is the only sport where a coach has a significant impact. The NBA and MLB are filled with a bunch of overpaid, self-entitled players who rarely even embrace a coach trying to help them improve.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back