PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots Bengals Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we talk about tonight's interior offensive line? I was really worried about Geno atkin and predicted at least 10 hits on Brady. Have we finally found a line up that we can stick with cuz Brady was able to make a sandwich back there and looked like Brady again. Wendell actually looked like a real nfl lineman at guard and Connelly next to solder helped calm him down. I hope they stay with this line up for at least another week to see if it was a fluke or a real turning the corner game

It was an amazing win and an amazing statement game. Last week was an embarrassment and I'm glad the team didn't roll over and die afterwards. They shut a lot of people up with this game. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going. It pretty much looked like they had everything figured out tonight. So no more musical players anymore I hope.

Patriots answer with most impressive NFL win of the week.

Football is definitely about emotions. The Patriots really took it to one of the most physical teams in the league and knocked them on their ass.

This also completely dispels the myth that we don't have talent on offense or defense and that Brady is washed up. Stork stonewalled Atkins for a large part of the night. Wendell was a beast in the run game. Develin was destroying people. Wright played a fabulous game, Gronk is slowly returning to his past self, Vereen/Ridley were ridiculous.

It does emphasize that we still need to clear some things up with the atrocious amounts of penalties (yes some were on the refs but still).

There were still some fixable problems on the Oline, and i'm still not entirely content with Amendola and Lafell (I wish Dobson would be put in, that KT makes it through waivers and comes back). They really do make a difference with the explosiveness.

Also, how about those special teams. BB has slowly brought in a bunch of people that have really made us into one of the better cover teams in the league. It's crazy whata difference that makes.

Brady getting emotional answering question about tensions with the team.

It's amazing what you can do when you put your players in position to win.

Press coverage was phenomenal with Revis against Green. Classic matchup and a joy to watch. I think overall the secondary played a very good game.

Offensive line was terrific for a huge majority of the game. You would of never even recognized it from prior games. Stork and Wendell stuck out in a very good way tonight. Very proud of the whole line responded against a formidable unit.

Seeing the 2 TE set as effective as it was had me remembering the Aaron Hernandez days. Great job by The coaches putting Wright in there and an even better job by Wright himself. Nice to see some collateral pay off from the Mankins trade. Gronkowski looks closer to his old self then a player that suffered a major injury a year ago. He dominated tonight.

The fans were great tonight. I wish they could be that way every game but I'll take it, the Pats really needed to know the fans were with them after the media/fan bashing this week. The tribute to Brady will be remembered for a long time by me. Glad to see him get the love he deserves.

This little bit of illumination from JetsInsider:

Yeah take away a bunch of scoring plays and this is a whole different ball game.

There you have it. It would be a totally different game if the Pats weren't allowed to, you know, score...

It's only a bunch.

Brady's smirk is too much, he's literally bursting wanting to point around the room and scream 'aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh'

This performance reminded me of the 2007 Charger game in week 2. Very inspired and emotional.
Loved BB's press conference....pissed off with the stupid questions.

Belichick with some good snorts tonight in his presser...he should just huck it up and spit it in a tissue....

One of the more satisfying wins this past decade in my opinion, mainly because of all the hyperbole the media was throwing out there this week.

Great to see the offensive line come out and establish dominance on the LOS, get the running game humming, and utilize more 12 personnel with play action to the tight ends down the seam, which is an area the Bengals defense has not covered well hitherto.

On defense, I was glad they had Revis shadow Green and play man press. He dominated when he was out there. I was not too worried about the pass rush in this game because the Bengals offensive line is stellar in pass protection, but I felt that there was some good heat generated by the front seven on occasion. Was not perfect, but the defense got the job done overall.

Most importantly, the Patriots won the battle on the LOS against one of the best teams in the trenches on both sides.

And congrats to TB on going over 50,000 yards.

Great win.

Did Amendola come back into the game after going out hurt?

I couldn't tell.

Hope Dobson will finally start to gain some momentum.

I like the way the guards played tonight. They really kept the d-line moving backwards all game. Amazing job from Stork as well. Both tackles look a lot better too, but Cinci hasn't been the best pass rushing team by any stretch this year. Maybe this will give them some confidence in dealing with Buffalo and New York.

Tim Wright is who we thought he was. The two TE plays are back. He might not be Hernandez, but that can be a good thing. Hernandez might have turned one of those catches into a few more yards, but he would have dropped one too.

Brady had time and, more importantly, the routes had time to be ran. Can't expect the WRs to get open right after they snap the ball. If the line holds up versus the divisional opponents, this team is going to compete against anyone.

Collins really did a good job tonight. He is a bit mistake prone, but I think his contributions are going to be a net positive after the season is over.

Vereen trusted his run blockers tonight. He didn't dance around and over think things. Made all the difference. Ridley is finally back to were he was a couple seasons ago. Sad he got sidetracked for so long.

I think Dobson will be like Wright. He's going to come out of nowhere soon, and be a big target the other team didn't expect to get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST