PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots Bengals Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapoport is reporting that both Tyms and Browner will be activated to the 53, so that's probably it for Thompkins, either because he was claimed or because he'd fallen behind Tyms.

Can they please make the switch to Dobson over LaFell or at least make the snaps a tad more closer? LaFell was in 77 of the 84, Dobson 11.

LaFell 1 Rec- 20 yards
Dobson 1 Rec- 16 yards

I feel like Dobson would have hauled in that TD that LaFell dropped and would have caught that ball that LaFell just gave up on or at the very least gave more effort on that play.

To be fair to LaFell, it seemed clear to me that he had lost sight of the ball and thought the play had ended. I don't think it had anything to do with effort.

How many times was dalton pressured hit and sacked? Completely forget

Ben Volin hasn't shown anything in his brief tenure as the Globe's On Football columnist to demonstrate he can carry Greg Bedard's or Will McDonough's jock straps. Unless this tweet is a criticism of the referees stopping play every ten seconds with bad calls, he's wrong. That was a great half of football.

Please, let's not pine for the days of Will McD. Sure, he knew football, and he was well-connected, but that ass never met an agenda he didn't want to grind. He made Felger look like Little Orphan Annie in that regard.

I think Brady set the tone for this one right on the first drive. This offense was just NOT going to punt. :mad:

Everything after that was just trusting the defense and extending the lead.

How many times was dalton pressured hit and sacked? Completely forget

Jones had the only sack. Collins mashed Dalton after he released the ball. I do not know the pressures number officially

Rapoport is reporting that both Tyms and Browner will be activated to the 53, so that's probably it for Thompkins, either because he was claimed or because he'd fallen behind Tyms.

Thompkins was claimed by the Oakland Raiders. http://www.raiders.com/news/article...hompkins/24b49cdc-78db-43f3-9716-31c20d6f090e

I love the fact that they kept Tyms and added another big body at the WR position. The best plays I saw at camp were when he out-fought DBs for the ball. Tyms also made a nice TD catch against the Eagles in the preseason game I attended. Regular season is a different level, but this is a potentially great addition.

Revis and the OL were the most encouraging parts for me last night. If Revis island truly is back, that opens up alot of things for our defense and should roll over to shoring up the run defense as well.

The OL doesn't need to downright dominate like last night, but as long as they can protect Brady we're good to go. Back in the day we never had great run blocking but pass blocking seemed to always be solid. Brady usually had a clean pocket, time to throw, and it hardly mattered how much talent he had at WR/TE/RB. Now those receiving options are better than what he had from the dynasty years so that pass protection is all it takes to get things rolling, looks like we're headed towards htat. Offense should only improve going forth barring major injury[ies]. We know what we'll have with Edelman, Vereen, and a healthier Gronk. Lafell and Wright are showing lots of promise, PLEASE continue targetting and utilizing them. And if Dobson can finally get it going it's a wrap.

I'm quite excited for the rest of the year. It looked really bad but I've said it before... football is a game of inches. One little adjustment, one player steps up at a certain position or is able to transfer over to another position he is better at, filling holes one by one, and just plain better playcalling/execution goes a long way. A team this talented and under the guidance of BB/Brady should always be in the SB hunt and I believe this team will.

Is this guy one of our PatsFans members?

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php...id/23737141/entry_id/1_51lzb9gm/embed/dynamic

uh..buy a better freakin' camera, bud....

I know Dobson had just the one catch but was he targeted more than that? It didn't seem like he was out there much at all which is too bad.

one target one catch
The way Dobson reacted with Belichick after the catch, I thought he was triumphant the BB had given him a play and catch, to put paid to the rumors, even though he is not fully recovered yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back