PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL Patriots at NY Giants Game Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post....

The Giants knows our weakness very well, what worked in the last 3 games still works very, very well. If we don't figure a way to cover them up, it won't matter. That TD we just gave up is exactly the same play Hobbs gave up in 2007, same play different player, that tells you it's all schemes that Coughlin know that will work against us. I think he is the only coach in the NFL knows BB well and can coach up to his level. I am surprised that BB keep playing the same way against Coughlin since he must have know this is insanity: keep trying the same game plan and expecting different results.

Great kick off coverage to start the second half.

I am not really concerned about the offense, it's the defense that I'm worried about. Manning has all day to throw which makes the already bad secondary worse.

heck the cowboys with cassel almost beat these guys.
just have to execute better.

also hope edelman's injury isnt serious....

Agree with no huddle rest of the way. Dont let them shorten the game.

Looks like a LB (Freeny?) might have hurt his shoulder on that kickoff return

Our offensive gameplan is confusing.

The quick throw, draw-runs, short field game is great against stout defensive fronts with lockdown secondaries. The Giants don't have that, yet we're playing them like they're Denver or Seattle.

This is a game where you line up in shotgun and throw on every down.

Every time I see a handoff to Blount for a 1-yard gain I cringe. Running on a supposed "decimated defensive line" only works when it works, and like the Indy game, it isn't here. Abandon it and start slinging.
As per koppen, giants playing lot of man to man and pats miss their man beater edelman. Amendola will be always called for OPI's if we run rub routes.

simms just said the giants are controlling it enough with the run?..they have 19 yards rushing

I don't know if I'm more aggravated with how the teams playing or how this forum fooled themselves into thinking our secondary was good.
I think our secondary is average. And they will struggle against good teams.

I would tend to agree, but it is not the offense's fault when the opposing QB throws for 250 yards in a half. That is on the secondary.

Again, given our overall injury situation I can't really fault the secondary. Many catches have been in great, tight coverage. The ODB TD obviously is DMac's fault but apart from that I see more holes among our LBs than in the secondary.

On the other hand the offense never felt really in rhythm and doesn't look likely to get there any time soon if we continue keeping the training wheels on our makeshift OL. Spread it out, dont keep too many TEs inside to block. High Risk but what else can we do..

The Giants knows our weakness very well, what worked in the last 3 games still works very, very well. If we don't figure a way to cover them up, it won't matter. That TD we just gave up is exactly the same play Hobbs gave up in 2007, same play different player, that tells you it's all schemes that Coughlin know that will work against us. I think he is the only coach in the NFL knows BB well and can coach up to his level. I am surprised that BB keep playing the same way against Coughlin since he must have know this is insanity: keep trying the same game plan and expecting different results.
Nah he's not at BB level he misses the postseason every other season lol

Man this defense is sieve like

Chung is so bad in coverage

Why the **** is that TE open?

will tye wide open, easy 1st down..**** like that pisses me off.

Announcer: No update on Edelman. BB says that everyone needs to step up in his stead.

Damit. Come on guys need a stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore