PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL Patriots at NY Giants Game Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is amazing that every game we played against the Giants in the last 8 years was always missing TONS of key players. Did we have a single game against them with a healthy OL ? Just amazing..

I thought -- given the circumstances -- the Defense played quite well and overperformed for the majority of the first half and then fell apart in that last drive. The offense on the other hand is dead in the water and will most probably be the reason we lose this game.

Next man up can only work for so long.. at some point an injury will break your back, and it seems like Edelman being out broke ours..

I would tend to agree, but it is not the offense's fault when the opposing QB throws for 250 yards in a half. That is on the secondary.

Non conference games are the best ones to lose

True its not the end of the world if we lose this game. My main concerns are edelmans status and I'm hoping Eli hasn't exposed this defense so badly. Sure freeney hopefully won't be playing much more meaningful snaps once Collins is back. But Coleman has been his mistress today. I can see him going after Logan sone more too.

Little different animal with Indy. We happen to own Indy.

It wasn't just Indy though. They struggled vs. the Jets in the first half. They struggled against Dallas for most of the first half.

The injuries are unsettling. NFL success often relies on health. The Giants have talent. But too many players hurt is affecting play.

I don't know if I'm more aggravated with how the teams playing or how this forum fooled themselves into thinking our secondary was good.

safety's play well but any decent QB with time, will shred it.
front 7 getting 0 pressure...just a frustrating game.

that deep throw to some scrub like randle...none of our wr's make that play. only gronk but when he goes deep the play is also cancelled by some garbage penalty

No huddle passing offense the rest of the way through. I honestly think BB is to blame for a lot of our issues with the Giants. Maybe it is just me but I do feel like he plays them differently than he does other teams.

Kryptonite thread was making fun of it...but here we are

Remember when we were down 24-0 against the Broncos?
Yeah. Someone has to get open consistently for that to happen and the defense actually has to get the Giants off the field without causing a turnover.

True its not the end of the world if we lose this game. My main concerns are edelmans status and I'm hoping Eli hasn't exposed this defense so badly. Sure freeney hopefully won't be playing much more meaningful snaps once Collins is back. But Coleman has been his mistress today. I can see him going after Logan sone more too.

I want to get the stupid undefeated season monkey off backs

The injuries are unsettling. NFL success often relies on health. The Giants have talent. But too many players hurt is affecting play.

giants are missing players....and playing just fine. hell, there line is as banged up as ours.
eli's raping us

Pats need to figure out how to stop the vertical game of the Giants. We don't quite have enough speed so they will need Safety's to play smart. Other than that, we are still in a good position to win this game... even with the injuries.
Far too sane of a post for this thread...

No huddle passing offense the rest of the way through. I honestly think BB is to blame for a lot of our issues with the Giants. Maybe it is just me but I do feel like he plays them differently than he does other teams.
Yep..in his head

We may end up winning this game. But I thought we exorcised the David Tyree demons by winning the last Super Bowl, but we still let Eli do , ugh, can't even finish that thought.

Edleman is a huge loss
Defense needs to wake up

Edelman or not this offense looks pedestrian against one of the worst defenses in the league. LaFell and Dobson need to play a role in the second half and Brady has to start using th middle of the field. This dink and dunk plays into the Giants putting seven in the Box to stop this type passes and take away the run. If Brady doesn't stretch the field in the second half it will be a long day

Mark Daniels @MarkDanielsPJ

Brady with Edelman in the lineup: 10/14 for 95 yards, TD (two scoring drives, one punt). Without: 4/7 for 29 yards (two punts)

Oh, so this is what a football game is? Two teams playing equal and battling without the end already decided?

Sorry, just started watching this year.

No kidding. Tight games are like truth serum in this forum. You quickly learn who the sackless ones are when the Pats aren't rolling from the opening whistle.

I say just up the tempo, spread these guys out and let brady fire.
They dont have the guys for uptempo. Dion Lewis and edelman are both out.
People are underestimating the impact edelman's loss has on this offense. Pats needs some breaks , some turnovers in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents