PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Packers-Pats POSTGAME thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hernandez says it best

Precursor to the Playoffs....

I've had a day to digest the hard fought victory against the Green Bay Packers and I came to realize that last night's game was exactly what a "hot" team needs going into the playoffs. This isn't to say that the Patriots' coaching staff isn't keeping the egos in check, but as much as any coach can preach the need to play all 4 quarters or play to the whistle or strive to improve, egos are going to stray.

So what were the Green Bay Packers?

ANSWER: A playoff caliber defense.

Make no mistake, the playoffs will be a battle against some of the league's best defenses and these won't be games that Tom Brady will be tossing 4 TDs on 400 yards. Nope. These are games where the big guys are going to have to push the line of scrimmage and the back will be asked to push the pile.

With that said, I'm glad to have The LAW FIRM, Sammy Morris and Fred Taylor.

The Bears, Jets, and Steelers were playoff caliber defenses too; it wasn't the offense's best game, but that doesn't change the fact that they're fully capable of dropping 40 on anybody.

I honestly dont know how things would have turned out if Rodgers played. I think it would have possibly been the same score to be honest. The key was holding us to a fg on that one possession and that cost us the game. I think if we score there were in better shape to win the game but it didnt work out that way. Tough loss but the Pats always find ways to win no matter what. It reminded me alot of 2007 when the Eagles came in to Foxboro and almost beat the undefeated Pats with A.J. Feeley at qb. The Pats are a great team and I think they can win it all. I hope we can see you guys again someday in the big dance like in 1997. I know I want the same result as that one and you guys want different. Much love and respect for you guys.

Honestly all three of those teams I cant see us ever beating.

Ummmm.... thats crazy:

Eagles - we did beat them... on the road... comfortably (remember the Packers up by 17 going into the 4th, and a few late scores made it seem closer than it was) And I don't want to hear anything about Vick not playing the whole game... Vick played most of the game in which he had over 100 yards rushing, the Packers didn't gameplan for Vick, and at one point they had only Raji and Pickett available on the D-line to chase down Vick (no breathers for the big guys against a QB that makes them run a lot)

Bears - They dominated them on the road in the stats column, but a franchise high 18 penalties kept the game close. At the end of the game with 2:18 on the clock all they had to do was not turnover the ball, gain about 15 more yards and kick the game-winning field goal, but unfortunately a James Jones fumble turned the game in the Bears favor. Given another opportunity, I think they could expose the Bears for the over-rated team they really are.

Giants - We'll find out next week I suppose. I feel this is a game they'll win at home.

Ummmm.... thats crazy:

Eagles - we did beat them... on the road... comfortably (remember the Packers up by 17 going into the 4th, and a few late scores made it seem closer than it was) And I don't want to hear anything about Vick not playing the whole game... Vick played most of the game in which he had over 100 yards rushing, the Packers didn't gameplan for Vick, and at one point they had only Raji and Pickett available on the D-line to chase down Vick (no breathers for the big guys against a QB that makes them run a lot)

Bears - They dominated them on the road in the stats column, but a franchise high 18 penalties kept the game close. At the end of the game with 2:18 on the clock all they had to do was not turnover the ball, gain about 15 more yards and kick the game-winning field goal, but unfortunately a James Jones fumble turned the game in the Bears favor. Given another opportunity, I think they could expose the Bears for the over-rated team they really are.

Giants - We'll find out next week I suppose. I feel this is a game they'll win at home.

Im glad you have faith man. We will see what happens but we just cant win a close game. It's hard to lose like that constantly.

I honestly dont know how things would have turned out if Rodgers played. I think it would have possibly been the same score to be honest. The key was holding us to a fg on that one possession and that cost us the game. I think if we score there were in better shape to win the game but it didnt work out that way. Tough loss but the Pats always find ways to win no matter what. It reminded me alot of 2007 when the Eagles came in to Foxboro and almost beat the undefeated Pats with A.J. Feeley at qb. The Pats are a great team and I think they can win it all. I hope we can see you guys again someday in the big dance like in 1997. I know I want the same result as that one and you guys want different. Much love and respect for you guys.

I think that if Rodgers had played, our team would have come to play. But as it was, when they found out Flynn was at the helm, there was a big letdown in expectation, and so it was a hard time getting out of there with a W.

But I got to hand it to you guys- you came with the best game plan against us all year.

I think that if Rodgers had played, our team would have come to play. But as it was, when they found out Flynn was at the helm, there was a big letdown in expectation, and so it was a hard time getting out of there with a W.

But I got to hand it to you guys- you came with the best game plan against us all year.

It was a good gameplan. I thought we were going to pull off a miracle at the end there. Hats off to you guys.

The recovered onside kick, Arrington's pick-six, and the defense's inability to get off the field on third down had a lot more to do with it than trouble sustaining drives. The offense didn't even see the field in the second half until there were 5 minutes left in the third quarter.

What did the offense do to help that on 4 drives of under 10 yards? I'm not sure how you can defend that specific offensive performance as a good one. I'm not saying "omg we're doomed!" But Sunday night we were dominated by Greenbay's defense for most of the game, with our own defense and special teams bailing us out and the offense doing JUST enough to put the game away when it really mattered.

I'll take any win but I personally like it better when we play as advertised, offensive power, defense makes a big play to end a game. When the offense doesn't click for much of the game, it becomes much closer than it should have been.

I really hate the Giants so I hope we come out and punch them in the mouth. I know Pat fans feel the same way about them too cause of the super bowl.

I really hate the Giants so I hope we come out and punch them in the mouth. I know Pat fans feel the same way about them too cause of the super bowl.
Any side with a Manning at QB deserves to be disliked. ;)

For those of you so happy with a win, that is not how Belichick sees it. I agree with Belichick. In the end, it didn't matter much whether we won or not. However, we looked pretty bad on defense. With regard to the offense, Brady could have been intercepted 2 or 3 times, not a a good game for him.
===============
Bill Belichick: "We will have to play better than this or our season won't last long."

Mike Reiss (MikeReiss) on Twitter

"Brady could have been intercepted...." But he wasn't. Guys are getting the freaky-deakies when they have a chance to catch a Tom...Brady...interception. Oops. Dropped it.

Two offensive records: Brady beating The Don Meredith record is obscure but a great one. Six in a row with 2 TDs and 0 Interceptions. What a great run. Connolly's longest run by an OL in NFL history is weird, but good to have in the Patriots' record book. A record harder to break than Joe DiMaggio's 56 straight games with a hit.

That Flynn QB is a football player. He felt the pressure, was accurate and read the Pats' defense well. Hats off to the Packers.

Re: Hernandez says it best

The Bears, Jets, and Steelers were playoff caliber defenses too; it wasn't the offense's best game, but that doesn't change the fact that they're fully capable of dropping 40 on anybody.

Don't forget about beating the Ravens and Colts. The Pats offensive line deserves huge credit for handling all these teams with good to great pass rushers and linebackers.

I really didn't know what NE fans were like before I came here. Im impressed with the class you showed. You guys are great fans, hope you think the same about us as well. No sour grapes here guys, I have lots of respect for your team.

I really didn't know what NE fans were like before I came here. Im impressed with the class you showed. You guys are great fans, hope you think the same about us as well. No sour grapes here guys, I have lots of respect for your team.
We have are own "in-house nut jobs" at the PatsFans message board, however I suspect some are masquerading as Jets trolls.

We have are own "in-house nut jobs" at the PatsFans message board, however I suspect some are masquerading as Jets trolls.

Just stay away from theganggreen forums. Most teams have decent fans, but there are always a few nasty forums out there. Hopefully we meet you guys again down the road.

Same here. The Packer fans that showed up here last week were great. With only a couple of rare exceptions the non-AFCE opponents that have visited have been great, both this year and last. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the insight and info on the upcoming opponent provided by intelligent fans of the opposing teams is very beneficial once it is time to watch the game, because I have such a better idea of what to expect and what to look for.

Best of luck to the fans of the Packers (and Bears) in the playoffs - that is until February, of course.

Re: Greg Bedard's breakdown of key plays vs packers

He obviously is getting this from watching the all-22. Lucky him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe