PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official NFL Draft Day 1 Tracker/Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fgssand said:
OK now...we screw over the Broncos by trading above them and take Chad Jackson.

INSTANT OFFENSE!!!

What a day , so far.

Not only that but we have 2 of the top 15 consensus rated athletes on the board. Jackson rated #14, Maroney #15. The run on defensive players after #10 allowed these guys to fall to us.

Eagles get a steal in Justice. Can't wait to see what happens with the 3rd round pick. Gerris Wilkinson, maybe.

darryl tapp? mark anderson? ray edwards? parys harylson? darnell bing/marshall/youbouty/havner can all get to us.

if Marshall slipped to the 3rd round, would the Pats take him?

TB12 said:

I would think so.

TB12 said:

I can't imagine he will still be around. Surely the Colts will take him before that if noone else does.

A bit of a surprise to see Marcus McNeil only being picked now...

JoeSixPat said:
I like the way this draft is shaping up -

the run on QBs - ensuring that there are an additional three quality guys on the board for the Pats when they pick

...then a few picks where some GMs seem to be over-reaching pushing another guy or two back to the Pats

I'm thinking they can stay at 21 and get "their guy" at this point... though Miami and Dallas still can throw a monkey wrench into our plans

Caspir said:
JoeSixPat, here's the entire first page results of a Google search for "2006 NFL Mock Draft"

All but one has all three QBs gone by the 11th pick. The one who didn't had Cutler at 17 to the Vikings. So show me these drafts that have those guys falling below the Patriots pick, or back off smartass.

:rofl:

While you were insulting veteran posters for not having a life on the board I've been out living mine for the last few hours and just checked back on this thread.

Let me give you another Google lesson friend - try searching for "Young, Leinart Cutler and Aaron Rogers" - last year's "slidee" and see how many hundreds of articles discussed the possibility of any one of those guys sliding in the draft.

(and Leinart and Cutler are damn lucky they didn't slide further - as all the teams you cited in the mock drafts with QB needs passed on them, while AZ & Denver - who both had veteran QBs on board, took them before they slid further)

Fact: There was the possibility of one of the three top QBs sliding this year. They didn't but could have.

You of course are a genius and knew exactly where everyone would be drafted. :rolleyes:

Fact: Three QBs were taken in the top 12 today. I call that a "run of QBs" - a full 25% of the top 12 picks.

You disagree, saying that's not a "run" and I'm an idiot (being the classy Patsfan member that you are)

Geeze you've got some major issues brother - let's hope you take your meds before moving on to your next 60 posts.

Maybe they make another trade with GB right now and go and get Marshall

Update - Well I guess not - but maybe the will trade up for him at some point?

Last edited:
Trade eval.

Our trade w/ GB = Chad Jackson for Jennings + the 11th pick in the 3rd round.
Think we did ok in spite of some over-pay on the value matrix.(590 to 545)

I think we start thinking trade at the top of the 3rd (265). We should be able ot move up for our top 4th, plus our 6th and 7th (160+82+16+7=265).

We will be in reach at 65. The question is who we would be willing to move up for.

fgssand said:
Maybe they make another trade with GB right now and go and get Marshall

Update - Well I guess not - but maybe the will trade up for him at some point?

Trade eval.

Our trade w/ GB = Chad Jackson for Jennings + the 11th pick in the 3rd round.
Think we did ok in spite of some over-pay on the value matrix.(590 to 545)

Tapp goes to Seattle at 63 DAMNIT

I really liked Tapp. Does anyone think Mark Anderson or Gocong will make it our pick?

i have a bad feeling that they wont..we need to move up..we dont pcik for another 20 spots

GRRRRRR! Darryl Tapp is off the board. Sad face time.

Oliver Hoyte is talked a lot about on other boards. If we want him, we need to take him in the 3rd or 4th.

damnit..Hodge gone too

Hodge is 235 lbs. A little light to play in our system, considering Vrabel is 266.

well everyone else brought him up..i had Jackson talk in me but oyu guys shot it down..i didnt see why Hodge would fit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST