PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official NFL Draft Day 1 Tracker/Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steelers trade up for Santonio Holmes. Bah.

Richter said:
Can't say I like this pick much. Maroney hasn't shown the ability to run between the tackles and pound the ball. I'm willing to give the braintrust the benefit of the doubt on this one, since this is the first 1st round pick they've made that I didn't care for on draft day. Looks like a DB or LB in round two. I think the Pats really wanted Greenway or Wimbley, and when they weren't there, they went for the BPA and a spot that could use a player to groom.

IMO, our run game is morphing into a zone-blocking one-cut Denver type game. Maroney will be perfect for it. The o-line is built for it and we saw some hints of it last year.

jczxohn1 said:
IMO, our run game is morphing into a zone-blocking one-cut Denver type game. Maroney will be perfect for it. The o-line is built for it and we saw some hints of it last year.

I think you're right about that, some similar elements are emerging. This selection will make much more sense if in fact they continue moving in that direction.

Buffalo just traded up, who could they be targeting?

Edit: John McCargo? What are the Bills smoking?

Last edited:
John McCargo..i told u guys before that they might target one in early 2nd but mvoed up to here so yeah

John McCargo????? :rofl:

"One interesting connection between Laurence Maroney and the Patriots comes in the form of University of Minnesota graduate assistant coach Ben McDaniels.

McDaniels is the younger brother of Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

It seem that Buffalo has a very short board. These wanted a safety and they reached earlier; now they reach for a NT. They are drafting for need. Most of us had McCargo on our board (in the 3rd).

BTW, if you guys haven't printed out dryheat44's value boards for each round, you might consider doing it. It is a great resource for rounds 2 onward. It was fine for round 1.

I expect players to be there at WR and TE and at OL.

How about these 24 with 22 picks to go!!
WR Jackson
WR Moss
OT Justice
OT Winston
OT McNeil
OT Colledge
TE Pope
TE Klapfenstein
TE Fasono (I moved him up)
TE Byrd (I moved him up)
WR Hagan
WR Hass
WR Stovall (I moved him up)
WR Jennings (I moved him up)
S Simpson
S Bing
S Bullock
CB Williams
CB Marshall
CB Griffen
CB Yobouty
NT Watson
DE Harris
LB Hodge
LB Kiwanuka

Last edited:
I have to say I am very happy with this pick -Maroney has breakaway speed, very productive,catches the ball very well.

Think of all the times Corey Dillon asks out and now we have quality to bring right in without losing a beat on a long drive.

We won't need to kick any field goals this year - TD's are always better!!

Kiwi is a Giant...future starter in place of Strahan?

demeco ryans off the board, damn

Anyone think Justice could slide all the way to 20?

he could but attitude problems i hear somewhere...Jimmy Williams, Richard Marshall, Darnell Bing are all avaible..Thomas Howard...and a lot

Howard is a good thought. I'll add him to my board.

Remix 6 said:
he could but attitude problems i hear somewhere...Jimmy Williams, Richard Marshall, Darnell Bing are all avaible..Thomas Howard...and a lot

yeah hes very fast for an LB..4.42 or something close to that

My board as of now. If any are gone, please tell me, if you would.

MY LIST for 52
WR Jackson
WR Moss
OT Justice
OT Winston
OT McNeil
OT Colledge
TE Klapfenstein
TE Fasono
WR Jennings
WR Hagan
WR Hass
WR Stovall
CB Williams
CB Marshall
CB Griffen
CB Yobouty
NT Watson
LB Hodge
LB Howard

Biggest winner in Round 1 = San Francisco (Davis, Lawson)

Biggest loser in Round 1 = Buffalo (yikes).

OK now...we screw over the Broncos by trading above them and take Chad Jackson.

INSTANT OFFENSE!!!

What a day , so far.

Seems like , since we're upgrading the O, BB et al think our D weaknesses last year were an aberation due to injuries. I'm elated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back