PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Jets (16) vs Giants (31) preseason game thread. (merged X2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Official Jets (16) vs Giants(31) preseason game thread. (merged X2)

No, the penalty was declined and the interception stood. The Green Bean QBs end up with three picks on the night.

I am not speaking about what penalties the Giants eventually accepted or declined. I am talking about the course of action KOC took as a result of his love of scrambling after barely going through his reads.

just bringing a little reality to your madness.i can go on,but i wont.just get a grip.your reaching

yeah..of course...reaching for the A.A. pamphlet...you're an obvious drunkard....get help

So if it's only preseason, why didn't your team ACT LIKE IT? :confused:

who said the Jets didnt act like that?
to your points:
* This was Monday night/nationally televised, the Pats-Saints game was not. I doubt many Jersey fans saw the Pats game
ESPN choose to air this game on monday night and to celebrate the opening of a new stadium for both teams,got nothing to do with the Jets

* Even for a preseason game it was much hyped as "the battle of New York."
by who?the media?,there was never a rivalry between the Jets and the Giants and there is no bad blood,NY is big enough for two teams.

* It was a showcase event for the Green Beans unveiling their "ring of honor."
the Jets choose to respect retired players(they never had there own stadium to do that),how is that got to do with the game that was played?

* Wrecks played his starters much longer than is normally expected for a preseason opener, certainly much longer than the Giants.
that was a something he said before the game based on the date and time of the 2nd preseason game for the Jets(SAT at Carolina)where the starters will not play much.

* The Green Beans have been openly goading the Giants into "rivalry" trash talk, etc.
no,there was no trash talk or any kind of talk from the Jets about the game,the only ones who talked were Giants players, i think only Scott responed to something that was said by a Giants player.

Last edited:

how did you guess?anyways,you seem like a witty guy,just not very knowledgable about football with out it being pointed out to you.think before you type

I get the feeling you type out your words slowly, and with two fingers.

I get the feeling you type out your words slowly, and with two fingers.

when you see him at the short bus stop...just keep driving, Psycho...unless you have a Shop-vac to clean up the green vomit....

yeah...well..one thing we all know....you are OVER 2.0.....

one day at a time...try it

again,very witty

The irony being you're not exactly the king of enlightened, amusing and informative posts.

So I usually go into watching games that pit two teams I despise against each other with the attitude of "I hope an asteroid hits the stadium". But this game is honestly as perfect as it could have been. The highlights;

1) Sanchez sucking
2) Some no-name wideout tooling all over the Jets [second string] defense powered by Rex Ryan's supposed MASSIVE defensive intellect.

Last edited:

a perfect game you say.then you must despise the jets alot more than the giants.no self respecting pats fan should hate the jets more than the giants.the jets havnt won **** in 40 years and the giants forced the pats to ship all those 19-0 t shirts to poor kids over seas

I don't mind the Giants. They beat the best team that I've ever seen in the SB. They played out of their minds, and they won a game that nobody thought they could win. How can you not respect that? Makes it that much funnier that the Jets talk infinitely more than the Giants do, seeing as the Giants have actually won some football games in the last decade.

I don't dislike teams just because they can beat the Pats. If I did, I'd spend a lot more time worrying about the Giants and Colts, and I wouldn't waste any time thinking about the Jets. The Jets aren't a threat to the Pats and haven't been since Belichick got here. My problem with them has nothing to do with fear.

Last edited:

a perfect game you say.then you must despise the jets alot more than the giants.no self respecting pats fan should hate the jets more than the giants.the jets havnt won **** in 40 years and the giants forced the pats to ship all those 19-0 t shirts to poor kids over seas

As much as I dislike the Giants for taking 19-0 away from us, they played a damn good game of football and won. No self respecting football fan can not respect that. It still stings when I think about it, but the Giants won it for them selves with all the dumb luck like the helmet catch. (I try not to forget all the good luck the Patriots have had). Unlike the Jets who don't earn anything, you want it given to you. Go earn your Lombardi then **** talk. Till then the Jets will always be the loudmouthed underachieving NY team, that thinks they deserve it all.

Last edited:

I knew the Jets were overrated. This game confirmed it. Preseason or not, it was a pretty bad showing overall, imo. Sanchez is the new Captain Checkdown.

So the fact that the Jets didn't want to reveal an offensive game plan didn't come to mind?

What about the fact that Santonio Holmes didn't play with the starting unit?

Are you really judging pre-season like this?

Didn't the Lions go 4-0 before going 0-16?

Just asking...

the jets havnt won **** in 40 years

Wow; someone has actually realizes this :D Makes a change :)

I just watched the NFL highlights; and looking at S. Greene; the way he runs; I can see him in a few seasons regularly missing extended period of time!

If players can't stop him high; they will go for his knees! Brandon Jacobs being my example! (Yes I know they are completely different)

Do you really think he is that good? He has to get on the field first ;)

the Lions were 4-0 in pre-season,looked great and got of to a 0-16 season,so there you go.

At least we can all agree that the Jets are currently doing worse than the Detroit Lions were at this time during their 0-16 season.

Last edited:

Anyone watching Tedy on the wrap up on Sportscenter?? The Giants are a hot mess, but he's acting like the JETS won easily... It has to be some sort of spell Rex casts. He just said he thinks the JETS looked to be in week 3 preseason form they can build off of. LdT apparently proved on one carry to be the signing you dream of.

I think Heidi should take him in for a checkup.

It's sad in transition how quickly they adjust to playing to the larger audience.

Funny stuff, Moe

Tedys gone to the dark side but he'll be back.

:singing:

LT "I've never seen fans like this before, its truly great"

.............................................................................................

Just wait until the honeymoon is over and they turn on him like a snake.

I certainly don't think we can dismiss the Jets — there was a lot of good stuff there, including their running offense and defense. If Greene holds up, and that FB keeps it up, that's quite a weapon.

Overall, though, I think that for all the emphasis on winning this game (per Gruden last night) and all the hyperbolic huffing and puffing, the on-field results were underwhelming. Sanchez inflated some stats by throwing to wide open receivers against a backup defense; the positive spin is that he didn't wilt after the INT. LdT looked good on one run, the TD that was called back for holding; he seems to be the beneficiary of lowered expectations from analysts (who apparently thought he would come onto the field with a walker.) The defense was pretty good but didn't get a lot of pressure (watch, people will say they whacked Manning...)

It's a pre-season game to be sure. But they seemed to put so much importance on it.

Hey -- I wonder if KOC will do the coin toss thing again this year.

who said the Jets didnt act like that?
to your points:
* This was Monday night/nationally televised, the Pats-Saints game was not. I doubt many Jersey fans saw the Pats game
ESPN choose to air this game on monday night and to celebrate the opening of a new stadium for both teams,got nothing to do with the Jets

* Even for a preseason game it was much hyped as "the battle of New York."
by who?the media?,there was never a rivalry between the Jets and the Giants and there is no bad blood,NY is big enough for two teams.

* It was a showcase event for the Green Beans unveiling their "ring of honor."
the Jets choose to respect retired players(they never had there own stadium to do that),how is that got to do with the game that was played?

* Wrecks played his starters much longer than is normally expected for a preseason opener, certainly much longer than the Giants.
that was a something he said before the game based on the date and time of the 2nd preseason game for the Jets(SAT at Carolina)where the starters will not play much.

* The Green Beans have been openly goading the Giants into "rivalry" trash talk, etc.
no,there was no trash talk or any kind of talk from the Jets about the game,the only ones who talked were Giants players, i think only Scott responed to something that was said by a Giants player.

You're a funny little guy.

Woody was soooooo upset that the Giants got the home opener in the new digs that the league gave them the preseason home opener against the Giants (as well as the MNF regular season opener...) to shut him up. He opted to open his ring of honor in the preseason because he was afraid the Giants might have a ring of honor ceremony of their own on regular season opening Sunday and he couldn't let them be the first in anything. NY is big enough for two teams...The Yankees and the Giants.

eifmp said:
So the fact that the Jets didn't want to reveal an offensive game plan didn't come to mind?

What about the fact that Santonio Holmes isn't going to play with the starting unit or at all for that matter for the first 4 weeks of the season, either...:ugh:

Last edited:

Personally, I thought the Jets looked really good and the defense was very aggressive. I think they're going to give the Patriots O-Line fits when they meet. If the Pats O-Line can hold, however, there is tons of big play potential for Brady and the boys.

I also think Shonn Greene might be the real deal. He ran hard last night. Our run D needs to show up in that game to force Sanchize to throw the ball more than 20 times. The Jets typically lose when that happens.

Either way, they'll be tough, for sure. I hope our Pats do the job.

Last edited:
Re: Official Jets (16) vs Giants(31) preseason game thread. (merged X2)

What is it with Jaws and Sanchez? Honestly, it's like Sanchez has naked pics of Jaws with a transvestite hooker.

More like pics of him with a transvestite hooker and a goat.:bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore