PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official "I can't believe what Jets fans are saying" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Greatest Thread EVER!!!

You have no choice but to agree with me on this.

Yup.

But I disagree with the idea that many here are predicting an easy victory.
I am somewhat superstitious about this (nothing else, just sports), if I come across something it will set off alarms, I notice it, and it hasn't been happening.

You are of course right, it is all BS, having no bearing on anything. My superstition is foolishness.

A lot of this for me comes down to dealing with the stress. I lose sleep at these times, and I am going to watch the game from 200 miles away, here in peaceful Vermont, from this nice couch.

Why Jet fan anger?.
The Jet fan right now is dealing with the same stress, plus the Rex Ryan stuff, and historic futility. Rex wallows in foolish blowhard, more than any figure of our time in that role.
Jet fans may feel forced to defend it, but worse, they must be sharing the experience, just as we all feel good about winning, bad about losing.

Plus another level for Jets fans, the whole second class citizen, us against the world, we'll show em shtick.
Ryan also wallows in that, and tries to use it. The other day, he said, "Same old jets, back in the AFC championship", if they get past the pats.

Add to this the fact that, isn't this more long term success than the Jets have ever had?

There are a lot of competing negative forces in that group of victims. And fans of bad franchises are victims.

Been there, done that.

Last edited:

Yup.

But I disagree with the idea that many here are predicting an easy victory.
I superstitious about this (nothing else, just sports), if I come across something it will set off alarms, I notice it, and it hasn't been happening.

There are a lot of emotions in this stuff, people express desire to win, confidence in the team, but people flat out saying this is a gimme?
Not seeing it here.

You are of course right, it is all BS, having no bearing on anything.
For me it is dealing with the stress. i actually lose sleep at these times, and i am going to watch the game from 200 miles away, here in peaceful Vermont, from this nice couch.

I can't imagine what it must be like to actually play in these games.
:eek:

I think we as fans get supersticious because we're powerless over the outcome of the game and can do nothing but watch.

I hate that too, but I typically don't read a lot of stuff here until the playoffs come. You'll never see me posting things like, "This game is a gimme" because it's not. I try to have no expectations (pretty hard to do) and just hope we win.

There must be a personality-type that just has fun watching the game without getting nervous or depressed if their team loses...but sadly, I don't have that personality

Another gem from another thread.

"LOL, Brady is nowhere NEAR the best QB today never mind all time. The guy flat out sucks."

"Originally Posted by JETS_Fan_001 View Post
Who even wants to hear this dumbass talk? Belichick is the worst head coach to ever be considered good. All the guy knows how to do is cheat. All I hear about is how good he is, and blah blah blah. How many championships has he won legitamately? OH YEAH 0.

Rex Ryan is a much better head coach in every aspect. I would take him over Belicheat ANY day of the ******* week. Bill drafted Brady (who is also SUPERBLY overrated aswell.. I wouldnt even put him as a top 10 QB today and would take Sanchez over him any day aswell.. but thats a different story). After Brady, who else his this "great" coach drafted?

Oh yeah.. NOBODY GOOD.

I think we have a case of Brain Death here, his EEG would come out as flat as a piece of cardboard.

Last edited:

What we need is Bill Belichick doing his Aragon or Gandalf or whoever impression and saying "But this is not that Sunday". Meh, he's got his own ways of doing that.

PFnV

A Sunday may come when the courage of Men fails
When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship
But it is not this Sunday
An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of the Patriots comes crashing down
But it is not this Sunday!
This Sunday we fight!
By all that you hold dear on this good earth
I bid you stand, Men of New England!

Last edited:

Can't wait for the game. I hope pats win 70-0.

The makings are there...can sanchez throw in the wind? He was horrible in indy.

A Sunday may come when the courage of Men fails
When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship
But it is not this Sunday
An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of the Patriots comes crashing down
But it is not this Sunday!
This Sunday we fight!
By all that you hold dear on this good earth
I bid you stand, Men of New England!

Ed, did you write that?
(I reveal perhaps, my lack of something or other by not knowing, so be it)
Great.
A number of years ago, a Patriot expressed his
desire to have a theme song by Metallica. (forget who),

I think we have found the basis of the lyric, for a
perhaps a do it yourself form?
To the inspired six stringers amoungst the faithful herein, a Goal.
As in the soccer call, with many O's and a passionate, emphatic delivery.

Last edited:

I can't believe I actually went to read that dribble. Ganggreen reminds me of the classroom in high school where they kept all the "special people". It was in the bottom floor between the maintenance garage and the boiler room. They had their own entrance where the short bus would drop them off and pick them up. It was actually quite disturbing when you think about it, but hey if the label fits.....

Last edited:

Go to the, "Cromartie Disses Brady" thread and on page 2 a poster named, Mute suggests the following strategy:

"I said this before in another thread. I feel Revis should stay on Branch and Cromartie on the TE. But I wonder who else is a sure tackler that can handle Welker? That I dont know. Maybe Wilson. I dont think Cro can handle Branch since he had trouble doing so the first time and he sure as heck cant handle Welker so the TE to me seems like a fair matchup for someone like Cromartie."

Mute must be short for Deaf & Really Dumb, because can you imagine Cromartie trying to cover and get physical with the likes of Gronk, Hernandez and Crumpler. Please, oh please let this happen.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=63346&page=2

Last edited:

Scary to think those inbred morons are living amongst us in society.

Entertaining thread. But to be fair, most of the posters are chiding the OP.

Case in point:
You couldn't get 'Hernandez' but you got 'Gronkowski' right?

Forget being allowed to start threads, you should be castrated immediately so that we cut down on the number of babies running around with a head full of water on this planet. Internet message boards should be used to cull the herd.
TheGangGreen.com Message Board - View Single Post - This Pats team is not THAT good!!

Latest reply from thread's OP:
whoever the mods are delete this thread, I was waayy too drunk last night
:D

Wow. Post #1 contained 4 of George Carlin's 7 words you can't say on television. Why doesn't the Jets message board censor their posts like ours does?

Entertaining thread. But to be fair, most of the posters are chiding the OP.

Case in point:

Latest reply from thread's OP:

:D

Who the hell "gets drunk on a Tuesday night"?:confused:

Who the hell "gets drunk on a Tuesday night"?:confused:

Hey, they have to do something to dull the pain that comes from realizing they root for the most worthless team in all of professional sports. . . . :confused:

Can't wait for that board to go into hiding again like they did last time the score got out of hand.

J.I. has had a lot of threads that were better than that one. The meltdowns there are epic.

You should have seen the meltdown threads that were already up before the game was even over against the Colts. FU Sanchez threads and 2 minutes later he was the "Sanchize" again.

Cant wait to see that pathetic site after we win on Sunday. "Fire Rex, Fire Shotty, Cut Sanchez!"

You should have seen the meltdown threads that were already up before the game was even over against the Colts. FU Sanchez threads and 2 minutes later he was the "Sanchize" again.

Cant wait to see that pathetic site after we win on Sunday. "Fire Rex, Fire Shotty, Cut Sanchez!"
Yeah those plus.... "i should kick my father in the balls for making me a jests fan."

"I'm done with this team forty years and nothing ever changes."

this thread i stupid. 1 dude said the pats arent good, and basically every jet fan said "you are a moron"

calm down
Who even wants to hear this dumbass talk? Belichick is the worst head coach to ever be considered good. All the guy knows how to do is cheat. All I hear about is how good he is, and blah blah blah. How many championships has he won legitamately? OH YEAH 0.

Originally Posted by JETS_Fan_001 View Post

Rex Ryan is a much better head coach in every aspect. I would take him over Belicheat ANY day of the ******* week. Bill drafted Brady (who is also SUPERBLY overrated aswell.. I wouldnt even put him as a top 10 QB today and would take Sanchez over him any day aswell.. but thats a different story). After Brady, who else his this "great" coach drafted?

Oh yeah.. NOBODY GOOD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back