PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official "I can't believe what Jets fans are saying" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A Snippet from the Gang Green Forum... Hilarious!

I think you are being too unrealistic about their chances. I would have said that the Jets had a far better chance of beating the Colts than the Pats before the playoffs started. The Colts are a flawed, depleted team that barely beat the Titans the week before. The Colts wouldn't have made the playoffs at all (and might not have even made it to .500) if they were in the AFC East or AFC North rather than the weak AFC South.

Personally, I would give the Jets 10-20% chance of winning. If you gave the Jets 40% chance to beat the Colts, then you should give them similiar odds as me to beat the Pats.

And Jax blew up down the stretch as well....I put the odds more like 75/25 or an 8.5 pt spread....

In all fairness to Jets fans, they should be excited. They are in the playoffs 2 years in a row. That has to be FANtastic for them. They have never seen such good fortune from the Jets in decades.
My only suggestion is to put up with it for the week, and they will be gone. Back to the hole they climb out of. To sleep off the hangover and dream of yet another better season to come.

I would not bet any money on the Pats or Jets.

But I give them the same odds I gave against the Colts, Jets have a 40% chance to beat the Pats. IMHO

I'd say it's about 25%. The Pats can't overlook the Jets, but I don't think they will in any facet of the game.

I think it's going to be a very close game. There were only 3 teams I worried about coming into the playoffs, Jets, Steelers and Ravens. I think this will be a 24-20 type of game, a nailbiter that may come down to the last drive. The regular season has no bearing on this game. The Jets will come in pissed off, and the Pats will have to play their best game of the year to win. I think if both teams play their best game, Pats come out on top. But I'm not over confident based on the 45-3 win, I just can't see that happening again.

If the Jet's fans are confident, good for them, we probably would be saying the same things they are if they thumped us 45-3. Out for revenge, they ran it up on us we're gonna get them back, etc. Let's face it, these are two very good teams, it's gonna be a war of epic proportions, I think this game will be more like I expected the last game to be, a junkyard brawl. I'd be shocked if we blow them out again, though pleasantly shocked :)

Re: Greatest Thread EVER!!!

thanks man. I needed a good laugh. That guy who started the thread is one angry man....

Is it just me or did a couple of those people post ACTUAL valid points? I mean some people were just flat out hilarious and strayed away from the game, but on the other hand, a couple of users over there have pointed out the atmosphere over here is like the Patriots are GOING to mop the floors with the Jets.

Remember when the Patriots went into San Diego for the 2006 season, it was San Diego's year right? LT was on that team, San Diego fans had NO DOUBTS the Chargers would win, they came close but no dice. Now this is NOT the same situation, there are VERY MANY different circumstances with the 2010 Patriots than the 2006 Chargers.

BUT, people seem to forget, ANY GIVEN SUNDAY! I for one do not want ANOTHER loss just to prove that we are beatable. Any team is beatable. I have confidence the Patriots will come away with a win but I am not psychic, just because we SAY they are going to win doesn't automatically mean they win. I expect that game to be a hard fought victory, no matter if the Patriots win by 1 or if they win by 42, a win is a win.

The Jets, although put on a dismal performance against the Colts DOES NOT mean they will put up the same type of performance against the Pats. The series is tied, they beat us when we were just getting into our grove and getting the team figured out, we beat them when they JUST lost Leonhard, their defensive playcaller, which highly impacted them.

All I am saying is, the Jets CAN and MAY be a formidable opponent, being humble may not be the worst thing. This is just my two cents. :)

We don't even need to trash that thread here, the Jets posters are tearing the OP apart too :)

Oh my god, it's embarrasing. I'm all for a good debate on a game but this is just beyond belief.

oh god if the pats loose and we have to deal with them........i may go into hiding

Last edited:

I've come to the conclusion that Jets fans are a force of cross pollinating the giant douche and turd sandwich for the most part.

Last edited:

The Stupid-O-Meter needle pinned when it scanned this thread.

I agree, though - a good number of fans are calling that fool out. Someone needs to tell him to believe his eyes, not the hype.

Yes, Virginia, the Patriots ARE that good.

<whew> glad to hear it. I was worried.

But seriously folks, as posted above, "any given Sunday."

What we need is Bill Belichick doing his Aragon or Gandalf or whoever impression and saying "But this is not that Sunday". Meh, he's got his own ways of doing that.

All I say is we are much more likely to win this game than the JEST. But it's still before the game.

That said, hope the 45-3 game turns out to be just a taste ;)

PFnV

what amazes me is just how many pinhead Jets fans there are.
Every team fans base has some but the JETs far exceed the norm. IMO.

Is it just me or did a couple of those people post ACTUAL valid points? I mean some people were just flat out hilarious and strayed away from the game, but on the other hand, a couple of users over there have pointed out the atmosphere over here is like the Patriots are GOING to mop the floors with the Jets.

Remember when the Patriots went into San Diego for the 2006 season, it was San Diego's year right? LT was on that team, San Diego fans had NO DOUBTS the Chargers would win, they came close but no dice. Now this is NOT the same situation, there are VERY MANY different circumstances with the 2010 Patriots than the 2006 Chargers.

BUT, people seem to forget, ANY GIVEN SUNDAY! I for one do not want ANOTHER loss just to prove that we are beatable. Any team is beatable. I have confidence the Patriots will come away with a win but I am not psychic, just because we SAY they are going to win doesn't automatically mean they win. I expect that game to be a hard fought victory, no matter if the Patriots win by 1 or if they win by 42, a win is a win.

The Jets, although put on a dismal performance against the Colts DOES NOT mean they will put up the same type of performance against the Pats. The series is tied, they beat us when we were just getting into our grove and getting the team figured out, we beat them when they JUST lost Leonhard, their defensive playcaller, which highly impacted them.

All I am saying is, the Jets CAN and MAY be a formidable opponent, being humble may not be the worst thing. This is just my two cents. :)

The key FACT you're leaving out is that it doesn't matter if we have 1 million members on PatsFans.com saying we're going to beat the snot out of the Jets. As a matter of fact, it has no relevance to anything, does it?

We can say anything and it won't affect the game at all. Your post sounds like you think what we say here matters....WHY?:confused:

The ONLY thing that matters is that the Patriots PLAYERS don't talk as if they're going to mop the floor with the Jets.

You have no choice but to agree with me on this.

What I take EXTREME delight in is reading posts on Gangreen and seeing the underlying anger their fan base has even before they play the game.

Why would anyone or at least any fan of an NFL team heading into round 2 of the playoffs be angry?

Honestly, it just delights me. I wish they'd invite me to join them in discussion...on second thought, I don't want that anger to rub off on me.:eek:

Whats that guy on about? All that name calling for what? Just a complete waste of time, but it is funny reading about how their worlds spin around us haha.

I feel a little sorry for the Jest fans who aren't arses!

They must avoid saying they are Jest fans sometimes :)

Whats that guy on about? All that name calling for what? Just a complete waste of time, but it is funny reading about how their worlds spin around us haha.
Doesn't that sort of posting give you mad street cred?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back