PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one said he was “phenomenal.” You said he can only catch passes. I just proved you wrong. Pretty nice effort by JW to score the winning TD in the SB, isn’t it?

If you're trying to counter Ia's point, you're failing miserably. Everyone understands that White is a passing back, not a running back. You can find video of Michel catching a pass in the NFL, too, but that doesn't mean he's been a receiving back.

You people are making Ia's day with stuff like this.

It may be tired to say N'Keal Harry is a slow NFL receiver, but that does not make it any less truthful. N'Keal Harry is an extremely slow NFL receiver. Laquon Treadwell 2.0. Phenomenal pick in the first round. Nearly as good as drafting a 6 yr D2 safety at 37.

Yup. “Slow.” Like Larry Fitzgerald. Or Hines Ward. Or Jerry Rice. Or Chris Carter. Or Anquan Boldin. Or JuJu Smith-Schuster. Or Deandre Hopkins. I can list another 10 damn good WRs who were as “slow” or slower than Harry.

Exceptions don't prove anything. Should I post a video of Edelman throwing a TD pass and claim he's a quality passer? Don't be willfully ignorant.

Don’t worry, I won’t be willfully ignorant. I wouldn’t want to emulate you.

Yup. “Slow.” Like Larry Fitzgerald. Or Hines Ward. Or Jerry Rice. Or Chris Carter. Or Anquan Boldin. Or JuJu Smith-Schuster. Or Deandre Hopkins. I can list another 10 damn good WRs who were as “slow” or slower than Harry.

40 times and playing speeds are not the same. FFS, stop feeding him layups.

40 times and playing speeds are not the same. FFS, stop feeding him layups.

I’m not. I already explained why Harry played slow and he ignored it. And is now saying he is slow. Read the thread.

I'm not talking about 40 times. Harry can't get open. All the players you named had 10x better rookie seasons than Harry did, they could actually get open and had separation and game speed. This kid can't get open

Last edited:

Do you need me to include "inability to create separation" every time? I'll do that if it makes it easier on you.

I’m not. I already explained why Harry played slow and he ignored it. And is now saying he is slow. Read the thread.

You are.

And Harry didn't play fast in college, either. It's not his game.

Do you need me to include "inability to create separation" every time? I'll do that if it makes it easier on you.

We already had this discussion and you shifted to “Harry is extremely slow.” That’s why you got this response. Try keeping up instead of shifting the goalposts.

I give up. Palm Beach is right. You are just trolling.

I'm not talking about 40 times. Harry can't get open. All the players you named had 10x better rookie seasons than Harry did. The kid can't get open

I already went through this with the other dude. I’m not doing it again.

I'm not talking about 40 times. Harry can't get open. All the players you named had 10x better rookie seasons than Harry did, they could actually get open and had separation and game speed. This kid can't get open
So after missing almost all of camp and more than half his rookie season and playing a total of 220 snaps you have concluded that everyone was wrong and they all rated a guy a 1st round wr but forgot to realize he is a guy who is incapable of getting open?
Come on

I think that Dugger is Harmon's replacement and that Phillips is Chung's replacement. I also believe that one they have a McCourty replacement, we'll see more traditional 2 Safety sets with Dugger being more of a Rodney Harrison type player..
I see JoeJuan as Harmon but I think you are not wrong as Dugger could play deep safety

We already had this discussion and you shifted to “Harry is extremely slow.” That’s why you got this response. Try keeping up instead of shifting the goalposts.

I give up. Palm Beach is right. You are just trolling.

I'll try again. For an NFL WR, N'Keal Harry's playing speed is extremely slow, AND he cannot separate from defenders. These qualities make him an ineffective NFL WR.

Worst.

Day 3.

E.V.E.R.

And this is from the same FO that gave us Day 3 from the 2017 draft, so that's sayin' somethin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes