PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 9/2 Decision Day(Prob Not) News Updates and Links Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news if Berman will make a decision today?

I think if Berman vacates, we members of PatsFans should send him a thoughtful and sincere Thank You note. Maybe even chip in for an Edible Arrangement.

I think if Berman vacates, we members of PatsFans should send him a thoughtful and sincere Thank You note. Maybe even chip in for an Edible Arrangement.

NFL: "We're appealing this ruling on the grounds that the judge was influenced by the prospect of chocolate covered strawberries and heart shaped pineapple."

Tanguay is doubling down on weei right now....is mocking the other two guys for disagreeing
Delay is so there is a last second chance for a settlement. that Berman was going to rule for NFL* from the start... The whole thing was trying to get a settlement, not to come to a decision based on the hearings.
I actually kind of agree that this is pressuring to get a settlement. It would explain the whole "I'm going to rule tomorrow or Wednesday" "No wait it's actually going to be by the end of the week" change. Berman and his clerks have enough experience to know how long it takes to finish up a decision. I doubt he just accidentally underestimated the amount of work it would take. I figure he knew all along he wouldn't finish a decision by yesterday/today and knew all along that it would take a few extra days, and he just wanted to make a last ditch effort to provoke a last hour settlement without risking the decision coming in before the settlement could be reached. But that failed, NFL and Brady are too far apart, so the decision will come this week.

Tanguay is still a moron for not deferring to the actual lawyers who say the judge is able to rule either way and is likely to rule in Brady's favor.

I am confident that Brady's suspension will be vacated. My concern is how this will be vacated.

Hoping for a minimum of Lack of Notice.

Odds are good that if Brady wins, it will likely be on multiple counts. Brady had four arguments. I will bet that he will win at least two. I think the lack of notice will be one and the fact that they were not given the Wells notes or being able to cross examine Pash as the other.

NFL: "We're appealing this ruling on the grounds that the judge was influenced by the prospect of chocolate covered strawberries and heart shaped pineapple."
A federal judge is incapable of presiding over an impartial and fundamentally fair hearing, so the NFL will demand that commissioner be allowed to hear all federal appeals court cases at his discretion from now on.

Tanguay is doubling down on weei right now....is mocking the other two guys for disagreeing
Delay is so there is a last second chance for a settlement. that Berman was going to rule for NFL* from the start... The whole thing was trying to get a settlement, not to come to a decision based on the hearings.

The thing that I hate about Tanguay's faux contrarian character he created is that he isn't even good at it.

Say what you will about Felger, he sells his character and does it well. He knows when to give in on the argument and when to take a hardline contrarian stance (although I think he has gone overboard with it in recent months). His contrarian stances may be just trolling, but at least there is some logic behind his views. Tanguay has no such finesse of the character.

Tanguay just tries to figure out what the hometown stance would be on an argument and tries to find the argument that will be directly opposed to that stance and will upset the Pats fans no matter how ridiculous his arguments are. He comes off as a buffoon with ridiculous claims.

And his constant attempt to find callers and guests to agree with something he believes and make a big deal when they do just comes off pathetic.

I actually kind of agree that this is pressuring to get a settlement. It would explain the whole "I'm going to rule tomorrow or Wednesday" "No wait it's actually going to be by the end of the week" change. Berman and his clerks have enough experience to know how long it takes to finish up a decision. I doubt he just accidentally underestimated the amount of work it would take. I figure he knew all along he wouldn't finish a decision by yesterday/today and knew all along that it would take a few extra days, and he just wanted to make a last ditch effort to provoke a last hour settlement without risking the decision coming in before the settlement could be reached. But that failed, NFL and Brady are too far apart, so the decision will come this week.

Tanguay is still a moron for not deferring to the actual lawyers who say the judge is able to rule either way and is likely to rule in Brady's favor.

I really don't think this is because Judge Berman is trying to get a settlement. That has passed. If there is not a settlement by now, there will not be one until at least after the ruling. After all this time, it is really doubtful that one of the sides are going to blink and give in on the language after all this time. The judge knows that.

As for the law clerks, I think most of his clerks right now might only be days into the job. Most law clerks only do it for a year. The term is usually September to August. So it is very possible that law clerk(s) working on this could be writing their first decision. I know this for a fact because I had a roommate who was a law clerk for the state clerk (where his term was two years) and his girlfriend was a clerk for the Feds (one year).

Last edited:
Darn.....I have nothing bad to say about what Tanguray and Tonic said.

It is possible that by coming out and saying, "There will be no settlement" it's kinda like a reverse-psychology. He could be saying, "I give up on you guys. You had your chance. Come Friday I have no choice but to rain holy hell on one of you.".

On the other hand, Federal Judges don't strike me as the type that play mind games.

I really don't think this is because Judge Berman is trying to get a settlement. That has passed. If there is not a settlement by now, there will not be one until at least after the ruling. After all this time, it is really doubtful that one of the sides are going to blink and give in on the language after all this time. The judge knows that.

As for the law clerks, I think most of his clerks right now might only be days into the job. Most law clerks only do it for a year. The term is usually September to August. So it is very possible that law clerk(s) working on this could be writing their first decision.
Cool, thanks for the information!

I was disappointed to find Tanger on EEI while driving to work, but in the 48 seconds or so I lasted he intimated that Berman announced he was going to rule on Friday. Did that happen? If so, why hasn't it been mentioned here? If not, what the hell was Douchewaffle talking about?

I heard that to. He is just talking out his ass. It's the same situation as yesterday.

In memory of what was going on throughout this entire saga, wouldn't the true PatsFans way be to chip in for a membership to an organization where he could "find" some "friends"?.... ;)

Can someone call in on weei and just say "tanguay you are a moron" and hang up. maybe a few people in succession can do that?

Can someone call in on weei and just say "tanguay you are a moron" and hang up. maybe a few people in succession can do that?

He's just a placeholder for Glenn Ordway...it's not worth the time

He's just a placeholder for Glenn Ordway...it's not worth the time

Nor is Ordway, sadly. Why do these stations insist on recycling useless personalities? There really weren't any better options? ****, not having a 3rd person was a better option. :rolleyes:

Why does florio keep saying the judge could issue a 2 game suspension comprise?

because he doesn't know what he's saying. Berman is there to interpret and uphold the law - not work out a so-called compromise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST