PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2007 Patriots Draft Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official 2007 NFL Draft 1st Round Discussion

They're a bad franchise because they picked the best player in the draft?

they dont need the best player. They have a very good duo at WR as it is..Kitna isnt young..they need some defense..i would trade down and get a guy like Quinn, Thomas or Adams while adding more draft picks

Last edited:

Why ohh why is Kornheiser at the draft????

Lions ready to pick.

I wouldn't have picked either. I think this QB class sucks. I would have tried hard to trade down, move Randy Moss for a 3 and a 5, take Calvin Johnson if I couldn't, and get a QB at the top of the second (maybe trading back up into the first if I thought Trent Edwards was going to be gone by the start of the second). Mostly, that team needs to fill a lot of holes, so picking up more picks would be what I'd push to do, rather than paying a guy at the top of the draft that I have no real sense is going to be a franchise player, which neither Russell or Quinn strike me as.

I don't like taking a qb in the first round, but if they went with a 2nd round qb I would guess the raiders would be a top 3 pick next year too.

Good God Detroit!

Kitna might be happy.

i wish Calvin the best wether he stays there or not..hes a great player.

he's getting traded... i predict quinn tot he browns and adams to tampa bay then a trade

The Lions just KILL ME. 4 receivers in 5 years? hahaha

At least the Broncos will not be getting Calvin J.

Good pick by the Lions, past years be damned. Especially with Mike Williams heading to Tennessee now, Roy Williams, Mike Furrey and Johnson make for a really nice set of wide receivers. Mike Williams and Charles Rogers are sunk costs, they shouldn't affect this draft for the Lions. Now the Lions need to go after a second tier QB, let him learn for a year behind Kitna and spend the rest of the draft stocking defense and offensive line.

At least the Broncos will not be getting Calvin J.

i hope they dont get Landry somehow

Let's see if the Browns do the right thing.
I mean, Charlie got Quinn ready just for Romeo.;)

I don't like taking a qb in the first round, but if they went with a 2nd round qb I would guess the raiders would be a top 3 pick next year too.

They're probably a top 3 pick next year whether they picked a QB at the top or not. That team's roster is like swiss cheese, full of holes.

Good pick by the Lions, past years be damned. Especially with Mike Williams heading to Tennessee now, Roy Williams, Mike Furrey and Johnson make for a really nice set of wide receivers. Mike Williams and Charles Rogers are sunk costs, they shouldn't affect this draft for the Lions. Now the Lions need to go after a second tier QB, let him learn for a year behind Kitna and spend the rest of the draft stocking defense and offensive line.

i think that Millen felt that pressure but i didnt..i think they should of gone a different way because who they already have at WR and the big needs they have

It's really hard for the Lions. WRs have legitimately, at the time, been either the best player in the draft or the best player available in the last 4 of 5 years for them. Can't blame Millen for this because he'd have been stupid [x100] to let a talent like that go by.

Quinn's ex GF was better than this one

the ex was AJ Hawk's sister..this ones ehh

Quinn's ex GF was better than this one

the ex was AJ Hawk's sister..this ones ehh

She's not THAT bad :D

By the way, Calvin Johnson: class act. Nice guy.

Last edited:

i think that Millen felt that pressure but i didnt..i think they should of gone a different way because who they already have at WR and the big needs they have

I myself probably would have taken either Joe Thomas (although Wisconsin linemen scare me) or Gaines Adams at that spot, or tried real hard to trade down, but I can't fault them for taking the BPA. He has the highest upside and the best chance to be a star of all the top tier players. If they can turn Mike Williams into a pick or two from Tennessee like has been reported, and they pick up a quarterback in the 2nd, I've got no problem with it.

They're probably a top 3 pick next year whether they picked a QB at the top or not. That team's roster is like swiss cheese, full of holes.

I kindly disagree. They're defense kept them in games for a bunch of them. Go back and look at the record and the scores. They have an extremely good defense and the offense was inept continually turning the ball over.

I agree with others that they need to address the OL position.

Shocker on Brown to go for a left tackle

Romeo takes Joe Thomas

good pick..solidify an OL. Thomas-Steinbach and when Bentley gets heatlhy..they are pretty solid

at least they got the fact that football games are won in the trenches

If the QB stinks....
It's gonna be hard to be a Brown's fan this year.:bricks:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye